post Apr 21 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #1

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

To: Bush Telegraph
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:14 AM
Subject: fishing club

Manilla Bowling Club Fishing & Social Club.

Well the weekend at Split Rock Dam started a bit slow, some members got there early and set up camp on Friday relaxing and watching the TV out of the windy weather.

Saturday Morning those on site hit the water to try their skills, Motoring up the River seemed like a great idea for a fish, but someone forgot to tell the Fish, water temperature was in the high 18 and low 19 degrees and the fish were found hanging around the structures but apparently not hungry,

After a few hours fishing, motoring back to the main Basin was a bit blowy and the wind only got stronger as the day progressed.

Most were getting off the water early as others rolled up and hit the waves to try their luck,

3 Yellowbelly and 1 Cod was the total tally for Saturday as we settled in for Steak all round, Sausages, Tomato’s and Onion for dinner.

The Rum and whatever else available was called upon to help raise the body temperature or abate the chill factor and most got involved.

By Sunday the wind had eased and the fishing improved, a total of 27 fish were recorded Two of which were Cod and One solitary Silver Perch, Yellowbelly were small but great eating sizes, all fish weighed in were Gilled and Gutted before weighing.

Top Junior was Ian Lamb with a nice Yellowbelly, Amanda Graham recorded her 69cm Cod weighing in at 3.1kg, Biggest Yellowbelly went to Captain Greg Jones with 1.25kg,

The lone Silver Perch was caught by President John (Simmo) Simpson, and the Secret weight was won by Pauline Turner.

No Catfish were caught, and a few fish were released not recorded.

All in all it turned out to be a great weekend for those that came out to brave the cold conditions that Mother Nature had dished up.

Don’t Forget the Keepit Cup on May 18th combined comp at Pelican Point, please notify Board members with names for Keepit Cup, and we need as many members as we can Muster.

Until we Congregate next,

SUMO.

Attached File  DSCF0007.jpg ( 46.3K ) Number of downloads: 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 21 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

They are a turly AWESOME fish... I really dont think ive seen one with such Cool colours whn thy come out of the water, and best of all, they are a native Australian.. Iv only caught a few so far, best goig 50 somthing cm? But im working on it...

Were most bait of lure fishing Sumo?

Congrats on a good weekend.

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Apr 21 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #3

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Your right Chad,
They are a nice colourful fish, this is the biggest of the two taken on the weekend, both Cod were on Lures and about eight of the 24 Yellowbelly were on lures.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 22 2008, 01:31 AM
Post #4

the yack man

Member No.: 4

thanks for the report Sumo, not a bad read at all. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 22 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #5

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

They are a turly AWESOME fish... I really dont think ive seen one with such Cool colours whn thy come out of the water

I have & they are quite pretty looking for a freshwater species laugh.gif

Good one SUMO

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 22 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 22 2008, 10:39 PM) *
I have & they are quite pretty looking for a freshwater species laugh.gif

Good one SUMO

I messed that up mate, what i meant is i havnt seen another type of fish that looked as good as the murray cod..

Sure, there are alot of species that i havnt seen yet, but being such an icon and the fact that they are independant and such a strong and territorial fish.. They are just a prize catch.. Really didnt realise how nice they were untill i got my first one.

Admitadly, they dont fight like the salties, But hey... They aint as easy to catch as a bream or flatty either!

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 22 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #7

*Telescopic Stick*

Group: Members

Member No.: 8

good report sumo enjoyed it ......

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 22 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #8

*Bunyip Man*

Member No.: 2,565

nice one mate.

Not catching any catfish has to be some sort of record as well I guess.

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:13 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates