Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glenbawn Get Together
Fishing oz style > Chat > Outings
jasonb
hey guys ,i was just wondering what you guys think of a get together later this year for a long weekend or maybe for a week ,,up at glenbawn and get into a few bass ,,,,let me know what you think nicely steve lolol,
Jumpus GooDarus
It Depends !

Are you going to go fill up all those pot holes for us city folk to drive over ???
jasonb
when ya put proper wheels on ya car ,,hahaah
Spudly
Im keen mate, s long as it falls when i have days off
oz man
This sounds interesting even if its only to meet you buggers.
kkw
Take some mace and a baton with you oz. Some of these members are Good Ol Boys, and like purdy city slickers. Oh, and don't go to sleep at night - know what I mean. Otherwise have a great trip.
STEVE.P
Sounds good to me.
KK if you dont go who's guna do the cleaning and washing up.
STEVE.P
QUOTE (kkw @ Jan 26 2008, 12:24 PM) *
Take some mace and a baton with you oz. Some of these members are Good Ol Boys, and like purdy city slickers. Oh, and don't go to sleep at night - know what I mean. Otherwise have a great trip.

Mace . you said it was whip cream , and did you get the 4 size D batteries for your baton.
and who could go to sleep when you get your baton out rolleyes.gif
Spudly
let me know what time of the year you all thinking and ill see what i can do with work?
STEVE.P
When is everybody free ,
oz man
QUOTE (kkw @ Jan 26 2008, 12:24 PM) *

M8 I was born in Parramatta and raised in Cobar, Walgett and Woy Woy an ain't no purdy city slicker, and my main customer is CSI Goulburn , Bathurst and Parklea and they don't scare me.6' and 140kg of raw fat. rolleyes.gif
TomMc
Might go...
depends on if i can get there...
i have other commitments like cattle showin, work n school9(school certificate year)
but if it falls on a good weekend i might be there...
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (oz man @ Jan 26 2008, 11:55 AM) *
This sounds interesting even if its only to meet you buggers.

Hey oz !

I met the Parrot today & wasn't I wrong [there ewe go Frank Jumpus admitted he was wrong laugh.gif ]

Anyways oz I really thought poly was a green parrot & boy wasn't I wrong turns out he's one of those Red Faced Parrots laugh.gif laugh.gif

M8 I was born in Parramatta and raised in Cobar,

Hey oz dis I ever tell you my father built the scool in cobar ????? tongue.gif
kkw
QUOTE (oz man @ Jan 27 2008, 10:10 AM) *
they don't scare me.6' and 140kg of raw fat. rolleyes.gif

Don't let Steve see this - quick, delete it. He will fall in love.
STEVE.P
To late ive allready started the barbi
nimrod
QUOTE (STEVE.P @ Jan 27 2008, 09:32 PM) *
To late ive allready started the barbi

Guys I will have another go at posting in this thread.

There are some of us guys going up to St Clair around March-April from FangNSW, that is a side site from Fishnet.
We go a couple of times each year and we always have a ball.
TomMc knows all about FangNSW and Tom if you want to come, it will be OK.
It would be good if we could combine the two sites to share a week end together.
St Clair is about 40 minutes shorter drive from Sydney the what Glenbourns is.
It's all camping with no cabins and a little more primitive then Glenbourne, but doesn't get as busy with not as many ski boats etc.
St Clair doesn't have a shop as such like Glenbourne does so you have to make sure you have all your supplies you need before you leave Singleton.
Same type of fish can be caught from both locations.
Both places are filling up with some water.
Camp fees are roughtly the same but if we can get a lot of members, we could get a small discount at St Clair. There are emenities with showers toilets and electric bbq's.
Just a suggestion for you guys to consider.
Frank
Spudly
Frank, thats 40mins futher that me and jas have to travel!! hahaha!

anyway.. im keen... march april could be hard unless its mid week thoguh
nimrod
QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Jan 27 2008, 10:40 PM) *
Frank, thats 40mins futher that me and jas have to travel!! hahaha!

anyway.. im keen... march april could be hard unless its mid week thoguh

40 min more from wyalong ? would be if you are going via Broken hill or Qld.
Just a thought.
Frank
jasonb
mate ,i dont mind ,where we go ,
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (nimrod @ Jan 28 2008, 09:27 AM) *
40 min more from wyalong ? would be if you are going via Broken hill or Qld.
Just a thought.
Frank

Frank the guys on this site navigate their way around using a KPS that's abbrieviated for Ken Positioning System laugh.gif

Rumpus must have the new model cause it's only going to take him an extra 40 minutes hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
TomMc
Cheers Frank
Either looks alright,
around 3 hours from my place and a pretty basic drive straight up the putty...
would a a normal 2wd ute be able to put in at those areas or would a 4wd be needed?
nimrod
QUOTE (TomMc @ Jan 28 2008, 11:32 AM) *
Cheers Frank
Either looks alright,
around 3 hours from my place and a pretty basic drive straight up the putty...
would a a normal 2wd ute be able to put in at those areas or would a 4wd be needed?

Tom. Depending on water level at the time. The last time I was there we needed a 4x4 for launching.
If you need a 4x4 and you only have 2 wheel drive we can simply throw the trailer on one of our 4x4's for launching.
Depending on water level and where we camp, we may only have to launch once and leave the boat in the water till we're ready to come home.
If we have to use the ramp, then best to retrieve each day.
Frank
TomMc
QUOTE (nimrod @ Jan 28 2008, 02:22 PM) *
Tom. Depending on water level at the time. The last time I was there we needed a 4x4 for launching.
If you need a 4x4 and you only have 2 wheel drive we can simply throw the trailer on one of our 4x4's for launching.
Depending on water level and where we camp, we may only have to launch once and leave the boat in the water till we're ready to come home.
If we have to use the ramp, then best to retrieve each day.
Frank

Cheers Frank
ill speak to me dad or one of me older mates with cars, if its me dad he has a 4x4 if its one of me mates there 2wd...
Jumpus GooDarus
Hey Frank !

Do you reckon Tom can hire a team of YAKS to launch his boat ?? laugh.gif laugh.gif
poly
if dates are o.k. i am in rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
jasonb
itll take about 3 hours extra in that case then ,dave must of put em onto his seller
Spudly
just had a look on map!!! SH!T im in for a long drive!!!!!!
nimrod
QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Jan 29 2008, 12:41 PM) *
just had a look on map!!! SH!T im in for a long drive!!!!!!

Would you be coming from west like Broken hill or would you decide to go via the qld border?.

Tom 2 wheel drive will get you there and if needed we can carry the boat down to the water.
Or use the yaks as jg suggests.
Frank
hustler57
hey fellow fishos,

id be interested in this, if we can get some dates that this would be on so i can check to make sure im not working

if we can organize how many fishos are going and how many boats are going ??

id be comming up in the jeep, so if other fishos wanna bring there boat but need a 4wd to tow it id leave the hustler at home but then again may be a good idea to bring the beast along
STEVE.P
OK I will put up another thread . and you all can put some dates down ,

We can work it out from there. also some have to travel up from south or down from north. we can organise meet places as not to drag every car along if not needed.
but put your dates up , rolleyes.gif thats numaral dates . and we can work around them.
STEVE.P
Ill put this here too . what about easter weekend friday21 march - monday 24 march

this might give peaple the days off where the might not be able to go due to work.
STEVE.P
biggrin.gif
Spudly
Im working them dates so im out...

its about a 7 hour drive for me.. so would have to be over 3 days i could make it or its not worth it..
jasonb
well guys jus tthinkin how about a get together up at glenbawn in about october ,what are your thoughts ,,,im easy ,,,sssshhhh but dont tell anyone specially steve ,,hhaahhhaha
bigdog
tongue.gif Il come down to it
keep sumo and dave away from th e posums hysterical.gif
you sleeping in truck again jason big sook don't like the wild life

may still be in singo puting donk back in 4x4
if not il pick you up sook when i come down
jasonb
oh good on ya big dog ,nice to see ya care ya ol bugger ahahhaha
quintrex101
im with jumpy

It Depends !

Are you going to go fill up all those pot holes for us city folk to drive over ??? ...some of us only have bomodores laugh.giflaugh.gif
jasonb
you gus have just gotta learn how to drive ,its one thing owning a car but its another knowing how to drive it ,,hahahaahaahahahahaahaahah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.