Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glenbawn Dam
Fishing oz style > Chat > Fresh Water Chat
jasonb
righto you fullas ,im gonna have a week off with the tribe soon and was wondering what glenbawn dam is like too fish and what i should take in the way of gear ,lures and bait ,ive never bass fished before so ill need all the help i can too catch em ,,,thanx guys
Jumpus GooDarus
Well from wot I remember anyways!

There are big fishy's & there are wittle fishy's jumpus caught a wheely wheely big fishy when went up there & I did it all by myself without supervision tongue.gif

Also saw wittle turtles & big turtles but they swam away when they saw jumpus coming how rude of them laugh.gif laugh.gif

Depends on wot you're fushing for up there think I only fushed one day & spent the next couple in scone but BloodyBumShitBugger did quite well & got most of his fush after Dak using surface lures casting into the banks.

I got all my fush in daytime & pretty sure on spinnerbaits but the surface lures were definately the go I'll see if I've got any pics with lures in fishy's mouths cause buggered if I know wot they're called.
Jumpus GooDarus
Nope not to many pics with lures in fishy's mouths just these 2

STEVE.P
camping has got good facilitys puplic BBQ'S toilets showers , kiosk and petrol. there is cabins aswell about 100 a night . camping about 12 a night for adults half for kids , cabins are self contained 1 doulble and 4 bunks.
shold not be cold . this time of year . if ya taking you tinny early morn and late arvo. is the go. when i say early before the sun gets up. try surface lures carst to bank sides near snags . when casting let lure sit there till rings disapear and give it a twitch then slow retreive sometimes they will hit as soon as lure hits water. I use buga chugs these are good surface lures just slow enoghf for it to work.
spiner baits are also good and so are plastics.
Iv heard the water has rison a bit so on new grounds where water has rison they will be feeding on bugs and hoppers , any land points where it drops off , and when wind has been blowing against land points are good as the wind and water disloges food from banks.
usually morn and arvo are the better times as wind can come up during the day so watch it if your taking your tinnie. be persistant at snags sometimes 2-3 casts at same spot.
and they do go as iv heard there fatening up.
cheers steve. im off to P/ Stevens for a few days.
jasonb
righto steve ,we gotta make plans so when are we goin to glenbawn ,,,,,
jasonb
hey poopta answer me ,,,ya irriot
STEVE.P
who me
STEVE.P
QUOTE (jasonb @ Mar 26 2008, 08:50 PM) *
righto steve ,we gotta make plans so when are we goin to glenbawn ,,,,,

jezzz only took ya 2 months inbetween Questions .
just saw this Dog05.gif
quintrex101
nice fish steve ... jason did you go up there :o
jasonb
nah not yet but im tryin to arrange a trip to there
poly
thats easy Jas, just get in the car and go but take extra food incase catch turns up hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
STEVE.P
Davo fish.gif super.gif emot108.gif :pepsi: :gathering: when do we eat again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.