Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cod Country Part 1
Fishing oz style > Chat > Fresh Water Chat
STEVE.P
Hello All . we just got back from a visit to Jasons , JG my son and myself it was to be a shooting trip with a few rods thrown in . as jason said there were trout and murry cod up there . I only packed some spinner baits as what usually happens you plan to fish but never get around to it. JG had thrown in some plastics and a coulple of larger hard body's . On the second day we were just sitting around and the boys were going into town to get some things So I asked them to drop me of down were jason said the cod country started , about 4ks down from camp, took my spiner baits and some plastics + 2 large hard bodys

they droped me off at a bridge were the cod country started this was deeper pools and wider river .
saw some bolders down stream and headed towards them throwing a spiner bait in were I could. the water was a bit brown and i changed spiners a few times working them and seeing them come through the water , sometimes I was up high on a rock and could see the lure coming into view. I would have at least 5 casts to the same spot before i moved on.

I wasnt happy with the spiner baits so I put on a large hard body with rattles in it. this had a big action on it , side to side and making noise this is better I thought finally got to the big bolders and started casting,
again and again and again, I did not think I would get anything being a new place and being told theres cod in there , as I was thinking to myself one more cast to boulders and I'll move on the rod was neally riped outa my hands , and it took about a long second to register I was on , it took off and line peeled off my reel to easy > did I set the drag I duno I thought to myself . so up it went .
I was high up on a boulder bout 15 feet finally the cod YES A COD came into view , jason said there were yellow belly in there aswell. my next thing was were do I go as i couldnt go left or right only straight back cos there were drops either side I let him have some line to keep him out a bit backed off drag then did the shufle back, around . down and to the side and about ten metres futher down till i could get to the waters edge . I was wraped first time cod fishing and within 30min I landed one my guess it was about
7-8lb . NO camera to prove it , and for myself to have
I couldnt get the lure out of his gob as it was in solid , I cut the line and made a tether looping it around a few times passing it through its gills and out its mouth. then I walked back putting him in the water every 20-30 yards till I got bake to the pick up point witch was about 500mts back and I waited for them to pick me up . IT wasnt long before they arived we took a few picks and let him go.

poly
nice capture steve, is that your fist cod
jasonb
nice catch steve where did ya get him ?,,,,,they like those viva lures
STEVE.P
QUOTE (poly @ Jan 3 2008, 05:18 PM) *
nice capture steve, is that your fist cod

first try first cod in the first 20min
STEVE.P
QUOTE (jasonb @ Jan 3 2008, 05:51 PM) *
nice catch steve where did ya get him ?,,,,,they like those viva lures

got him upakinbuckterwest near kickatinalong round the corner from pushabaraback.

Viva loss vagas . Thank you very mutch biggrin.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Dont believe him guys

Jumpus caught all the Cod & was kind enough to let these guys get a pic taken with Jumpus's fish & wot do these guys do ??????

Tell Ewe Guys Porky's laugh.gif laugh.gif
jasonb
oh you lyein sheit,,who was it that got the big nestie in his bait caster ?
Christos
Catch Steve.P
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (jasonb @ Jan 3 2008, 06:21 PM) *

That was ewe guys I know ewes sabortaged my chronach & it took me ages to get it out but I still managed to catch all the fish laugh.gif laugh.gif
Majed
Fair dinkum you guys....who is telling the truth??????????
jasonb
put it this way guys ,,,,,JUMPY CAUGHT NOTHIN ,,,,,,
Jumpus GooDarus
Majed is not silly he believes me not ewe jason laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fed
Gotta love the story about keeping him alive for a photo shoot Steve, well done.
CATCH22
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 3 2008, 06:50 PM) *
That was ewe guys I know ewes sabortaged my chronach & it took me ages to get it out but I still managed to catch all the fish laugh.gif laugh.gif

WHAT A NESTIE IN THE CASTER OH NO NOT JUMPY CAUSE HE NEVER GETS STUFF LIKE THAT HAPPENING FOR HE IS A PRO ..HAHAAH SO HE TELLS US ALL......
CATCH22
[quote name='jasonb' date='Jan 3 2008, 06:21 PM' post='7210']
[/qOH NO NOT A NESTIE FOR JUMPY THAT ONLY HAPPENS TO THE AMUTERS LIKE STEVE NOT PRO.S LIKE JUMPY SO HE TELLS US...LOL
STEVE.P
Ahhhhhh you must know him well catch laugh.gif
Smelly

aaahhh hahaha.......naaaa naaa you guy's that was'nt a nestie . It was a

' WIND KNOT ' ... only the Professionals get them . hysterical.gif
Smelly
How rude of me .

Congrats on the first cod int the first twenty mate .

Top effort on keeping it alive too ,awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.