Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ehya Esray
Fishing oz style > Chat > Lets Talk Fishing
Spudly
Just been thinking bout live bait tank for the tinny......

would love a system like jumpys big bout but obviosly not possable...

Does your big boats tank empty while underway jumpy???

So thinking a esky/bucket down back, but dont like the idea of a bildge pump running and flattening battery? what method do you use on your little boat?

Was thinking about some form of pump mounted down low with an outlet through the lower trandsom pumping into bottom of tank and overflow near top back over trandsom.. this way its all contained in the boat but you will not get feed while moving..

Any Ideas you got on this? There has gotta be a better way than having a bildge pump hanging off transom..
Fed
A pump mounted on a transom pickup scoop is a tried and proven method Rum, making penetrations below the waterline should be avoided at all costs.
Spudly
Where the HELL did that topic come from?????????

Can ya fix it to live baiting jumps??

Yea, agree Fed, however done properly it should not be a problem, If i was to do that i would have a way of plugging or bunging the hole when not in use!!
Jumpus GooDarus
would love a system like jumpys big bout but obviosly not possable...

Not to many would have that setup & you need a wet deck to have it setup like that no pumps or scoop pickups required.

Just about anything can be used as a live bait tank as long as it holds water

scoop & pump permantly mounted on transom with the use of hose fittings allows you to remove tank @ any given time
Fed
Why do you need a wet deck, how about explaining your setup Jumpy?
Jumpus GooDarus
Tank is welded into the floor Fed it's flush with the deck with just a 2" hole going through the hull it self fills & empties to boot when on drift or anchor it also acts as a ballast tank giving a bit more stability to boat.

It does have an overflow pipe going out the transom but on a real sloppy day water can flow ot from lid onto the flow hense why it's not a good idea to have this setup other than on a wet deck
SUMOFISHIN
Chad, on the back of my 19footer I have a stainless pickup, it is connected via 1/2" plastic tube to bait tank which sits high enough to overflow into transom well, the hose has a plastic stop valve (as used on dripper system) and feeds the water into the top of tank with small holes in inner tubing, these small holes create a spray which aerates the water and it has a continuous circulation flow whilst travelling, the stop valve controls the flow and shuts it off if not being used, a 12volt submersible inline pump (as used in camp shower) can be added above the stop valve for use whilst stationary its just a matter of dropping over the side if you require it.
hustler57
any chance of seeing some pics of the set up every 1 has got ?? as im also interested in setting up a bait tank in ma boat
Fed
Any questions just ask.
Spudly
good onya FED, do you need the pump running while underway? or does it force itself in?

does the injection actually go into the pumo or is the pump sitting on the bracket?
Fed
The pump is screwed to the top of the bracket and the scoop won't work below about 7 knots but running the pump overcomes this. Above that speed the scoop is fine without the pump running.
Once I've got bait in the tank I just leave the pump on all the time, they only draw a couple of amps.
SUMOFISHIN
Good set up Fed, mine is the same Minus the pump. as we generally only use live shrimp or yabbies up here and have an aerator instead of a bilge pump.
Fed
Thanks Sumo, in the past I have run the 2 hose system (1 for the pump & 1 for the scoop) but that won't supply a continuous water supply, there is a certain speed range that neither deliver water.
Even yakkas die very quickly in a small tank without a constant water supply, if you've ever tried keeping them in a bucket and refreshing the water by hand you'll know what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.