Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trout Today
Fishing oz style > Chat > Lets Talk Fishing
SUMOFISHIN
Fishin with SUMO

Its Saturday 17th November 5:00AM Im awake and not feeling too good, but it's the day, the day that the fishing Club has arranged a bus trip to Niangala, we are going to a Private Farm set up with a Bar B Q facility beside a dam which covers an area of 12 acres.
There's supposed to be Rainbow Trout in the dam too, So I wasn't going to miss this trip,
I took some pain killers and got my gear ready the bus is leaving at 7:30 and I will be one of the few of only 14 on board for the trip.
We boarded the bus in front of the Bowling club for the trip, with everybody's gear on board and the big esky with all of the Bar B Q gear inside, away we went chatting about this place we have never seen, it didn't take long to reach Tamworth and we were still travelling looking at the creeks and rivers as we went, the paddocks looked greener as we travelled, you wouldn't have thought that only 75 kilometres back we are in drought.
We reached Port Stevens Cutting and up we went weaving and winding as we went, another 10 to 15 minutes and we reached the top.
I think a few on the bus were feeling a bit squirmish by this time, I was! Away we went, 100ks behind us and about 15 to go, we were looking for the property gate,
found it! but there's a bar over the gateway and the bus won't fit, the machinery gate in the paddock beside should get us in, we drove through the gate and up the paddock where we found the road out of the house yard, which continued down the open paddocks, the owners met us along the way, they told us to keep going until we found the cabin and the dam, we had it to ourselves , we had a 10ft tinnie and some canoe's at our disposal, another 10 minutes down the paddocks and we arrived at our destination.
Out came all the fancy fishing gear and fly rods, the young blokes were keen to fish and most of us just needed to have a cuppa and stretch our legs, we sat around for a while and watched.
Macca and I just relaxed and decided when the tinnie came back we would have a go, the canoe's were all on the water and we were just waiting to see how they went,, we would have sank them anyway!
We got our little 4'6 rods out and on went the reels, First time up for my little Viva Nereus Reel, I rigged up a soft plastic bait and walked down to the dam for a few casts, boy it feels good, well after about an hour in came the tinnie and a couple of canoes to change operators,
there's no Trout having a bite today they told us, we hit the water and started casting while the wind was just drifting us about then it started blowing wilder, we had a willy willy on the dam, the canoe's were going around in circles Jim lost his hat straight to the bottom it went, then it was gone everyone settled down and kept trying, nothing happening here, I changed my rig and fitted a little red Celta, about six casts and I was on, I started winding and out of the water it flew and off again spooling me as it went, Macca got all excited and yelled out we've got one, it left the water again and I thought it was going to land in the boat, but alas it was spooling me again, I got it back and with a third jump it started to weaken, I finally got it back and as I lifted it into the boat the hook pulled, safely in the boat it was mine.
We came in a few minutes later and had a great barbie, after lunch we all tried again but alas it was in vain.
The only fish of the day was SUMO's.
Fishing Again
The Sumo
SUMOFISHIN
I couldn't get the pic to upload, But here it is.

Click to view attachment
poly
it's good to see that ugly mug again SUMO, just gos to show them young blokes can't keep up with us old bloke.
good one mate see u soon.
Jumpus GooDarus
Onya SUMOSASARUS tongue.gif

1st trout on this site
Smelly
Yeah congrats on the first for site trout m8 . fish.gif

gott'a love it when ya whoop everyone . B)
SUMOFISHIN
I just found out that the Club president was taking bets that I would get the first fish.
Smelly
so how much did he split with ya ?????? LOL
SUMOFISHIN
He tells me he couldn't get any takers Smelly, they all wanted their money on the Sumo, I'm not that popular there's a few jealous bastards about, I bet he got a couple of side bets somewhere.
Majed
Well done Sumo on the trout.....

i remember my fist time fishing fo Trout at a Trout Farm somewhere down near Cooma (I think it was Eucumbene). We caught lots of Trout. We had to pay for the bait, use of their tackle and we were also charged premium rates for the fish we caught.

Bloody thing would have been cheaper buying them from the fish shop...But still it was enjoyable catching them.
Christos
Well done.
poly
Bloody thing would have been cheaper buying them from the fish shop...But still it was enjoyable catching them.

at the prices they charge it would have been very painful dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.