Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Penn Reels
Fishing oz style > Chat > Tackle Talk
poly
i am think of buying a penn slammer live liner for both jigging and trolling is any one else using this type of reel

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
catchnrelease
They look allright, I'd prefer a Shimano Baitrunner instead.

Why do you want a baitrunner for jigging? I'd prefer something built for jigging like a Daiwa Capricorn 4500J or Shimano Spheros 8000. Baitrunners are built for baiting and stripping out line without having to open the bail arm, such as stripping out a floating bait for snapper.

What lb/kg line are you gonna put on it?

Trolling would be better for overheads?
poly
like all my fishing tools it must do many things my young friend, if money was no problem then the reels u suggested would be in the tackle bag.
the line class will be 6kg and will be most likely platpus lo stretch.
PS and of course it will be used for live baiting thats why i am looking at the live line model. biggrin.gif
Spudly
Was thinking of a similar thing Poly, although when you said jigging i was thinking of jigging...

Am considering a Penn 9500/8500 with a 15-24kg rod loaded with 50lb fireline.. Can get the combo for around $250..

I already have a BTR4500 soon to be on a 6-10kg Snapper rod loaded with 10kg Low Stretch.
Mully
Whats the price on them poly,maybe your better off with a shimano baitrunner with 10year guarentee mate...I know the penns are good but have never heard a report on the line runner but the baitrunner has proven itself on marlin off rocks mate...
poly
mully the rrp for the reel is $325 and a penn rod model 701gbm 6 to 10 kg $125 i bought the combo for $286. the rod is not to bad for the price.
i have loaded the reel with 300mts of 8kg platus lo stretch.
don't know that i will ever catch a marlin but its a nice thought biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mully
Let me know how she loads up penns have nd are beaut units never a doubt in my mind about them,,,,,Just never tried the free liner version would love to hear your report on her...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.