Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fish Wars Episode 2
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Game Fishing
Jumpus GooDarus
Well peeps I woke up this morning like one generally does once they've had a Sleepy Sleepy.

Turned on the pc & who do you think I saw in the shoutbox ???

That bloody Kay Kay Binks [Jar Jar's Brother] doing sneaky sneaky I'm hiding from Jumpus Tricky BUT I saw him lurking around even snapped a pic of him

And if that wasn't bad enough SUMO the Hut was also here

And on top of all that the door was a knocking *Bloody Bum Shit Bugger* wanted to go fushing initially we were just gonna head down sth to the Hump & fish for reds but when loading up the boat thought what the heck so I threw in a couple of 15 kg game sticks.

Well since we were only intending to fish for reds did a *One Block* trick & only took 2 blocks of pilly's out of the freezer, mind ewes it wasn't a bad looking morn weather wise & after launching boat arriving @ the heads thought Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

So did a U turn dropped *Bloody Bum Shit Bugger* off @ kurnel & told him to go get some more blocks of pilly's from that shop over there.

All gotten we were off saw fish working a bait school about 4 miles out but by the time put out the lures they were gone so in came the lures & off to Browns it was chose Browns over the Canyons only because of the NE swells & mind ewes it wasn't as flat as we 1st thought with some real good Rip Snorta Swells in amoungst them so it was a slow trip out.

Once on Browns I wasn't to confident of getting any fish water temp was same all the way out 18.6 deg water still green pay no attention to pic camera's lie only good thing was it was a cleaner green compared to last few trips out.

Started the cube trail & did some Waiting Waiting then some more Waiting Waiting as I said not to confident @ all practically no current @ all we were moving just under a knot only because of the wind which later died right off.

After about a hrs cubing I was handling in my bait when something grabed & then let go of it, missed oppertunity bait came back mouthed no idea what grabbed it think it was a prob sent by Darth Plastic himself parrots.gif .

Anyways another hr had elaspsed & I was just thinking about pulling the plug to head in close to fish for some Reds when I spoted a bigger probe in the cube trail yes peeps it was The Return of the Jedi Fin well one anyway little bugger looked like Master Yoda to tell ewes the truth.

STEVE was doing sleepy sleepies @ the time & my bait was well back in the cube trail so I hand lined it back in as quick as could meanwhile throwing out handfulls of cubes to keep Master Yoda feeding then he disappeared & I felt a take on my line about 15 meters out so I let it go with rod still in holder wound the loose line on as quick as I could to be honest thought I missed him when the double started appearing then I looked down & the bugger was right under the boat gulping up more cubes.

That was that I was in a bit bigger than it looked in the water once landed originally called it @ around 25 kg & it would've gone just over 30 kg ewes will have to excuse the pics not many cause the batteries went dead in the camera & only got 2 pics none of the YFT till later tonight when I used the other camera thats why pic of fin is taken in the dark a shame really cause I love the colours on a yft mind ewes it still had a bit of colour.

Anyways the 15 kg outfit made easy work of the fin didn't take me long @ all to land & it was the 1st fish on those new rods on a winner with those very impressed with the blanks.

About 1/2 hr later Darth Plastic must've sent out another probe cause again I got hit handlining in my bait & the pilly was pretty smashed up this time.

Some of ewes may wonder whats the brurry irriot handlining his bait in for instead of using the reel ??

Well it's an old indian trick passed down to me by The Last Mohecan laugh.gif

Well with 24kg line I generally handline it in onto the floor so when feeding it back out it drifts out gradually & let me tell ewes you'll always know when you've got a taker the line will flood out the back even if the fish is still coming back up the cube trail looking for more.

15 kg line is to hard to lay on the floor as it will knot up so I let it feed back into the water the reason I handline back in well only days like today no or very little current what I do is jerk @ the line try it next time & watch your pilly jerk let sit jerk let sit have gotten many a fish doing this but very few winding line back onto reel in a consistant wind.

Anyways that'll do for now carry on story later.

Jumpus using the FORCE on Master Yoda with his new stick

Not a crash Hot Pic It was Dark in Dare

Spudly
Well persistance has paid off jumpy, congrats on your first YFT for the season and for the Board!
xtosea
The force was definitely with you today!
At last he has succeeded!!!!
Well Done JG, well deserved fish!!!
You have a good sleep Steve? lol
Kamil
Jumpus GooDarus
Well this trip was planed in advanced

Found myself a BIG Virgin to sacrifice the other day let me tell ewes I got her in the nick of time as well cause Skippy the Bush Kanga Rooter had his eye on her poop hole laugh.gif laugh.gif

And not to 4get I burnt a CD for the MP3 player with Bloody Scottish Music think it was the Bay City Rollers that did the trick
xtosea
You are the Cunniest Funt ive ever met in my life!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Kamil
kkw
I caught a YF Luderick today. Went 11kg.
catchnrelease
WOOHOO! B) B)

Onya jumpy, finally a YFT gets on your goat! ^_^ BananaCrazy.gif :thumbs_up:

Tell me, how did it taste RAW? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Did you enjoy your sashimi? ;)
Jumpus GooDarus
The Goat has had many a yellowfin on it's deck just not this season

Tell me, how did it taste RAW?

My mother didn't raise a SEAL & I like my food cooked thank you laugh.gif laugh.gif
catchnrelease
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 28 2007, 11:28 AM) *
The Goat has had many a yellowfin on it's deck just not this season

That's what I meant, this season. ;)

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 28 2007, 11:28 AM) *
My mother didn't raise a SEAL & I like my food cooked thank you laugh.gif laugh.gif

You girly girl.... laugh.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.