Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eiffel 65
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Jumpus GooDarus
Well It's getting there started fitting it up today some might have seen the pic of the little goat in the trailer thread it looked like this B4 I attacked it

Well Now It's

Yo listen up: here's a story
About a little boat
That lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees is
Just blue like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue Corvette and everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he aint got nobody to listen:

I'm blue (da ba dee)
I'm blue (da ba dee)
I'm blue (da ba dee)
I'm blue (da ba dee)

Will post updates took this pic this morning thats the consol & fishbox in the pic they're all painted now got the carpet in & hooked up the fuel tanks along with other bits & pieces
Jumpus GooDarus
Well it's ready to get motor mounted thats the easy part all the hard work has been done now & boat will be going onto the new trailer tomorrow
Everything is wired in & working only thing left now is bolting on the motor & hydraulic steering.

Preferb to do the pin stiping & fix on new boat name out side as Dave would say It's Dark In There laugh.gif

Side view with consol bolted in thats my fish box/seat did a mod to it cut out a hole & fitted drawers much better storage system have it on the big boat & it's so easy to find things.

A pic from the transom the radio sounder & new MP3 player are mounted in the new waterproof niche I welded in lid stays up via a spring lock pretty tight in there but the switch panel is also under cover in there, mic for the radio sits up inside the lid & there a clear acrylic facia as well as a secondry tinted one in case it rains everything stays dry.

You can also make out the stereo speakers underneath the souder sits in front of radio's but not shown in pic

Looks like a shamosall dust all over it but this is the transom built the pod back when I originally got the boat but the burley bucket is new + the rod rack you'll see a better pic of it down the track

Well tickle me pink Jumpus decided to clean the goat tongue.gif
On the L/H side fixed to the consol you'll notice vertically mounted a strip LED light also have one either side under the gunnels they are the way to go use bugger all power from the battery also fitted LED Nav lights.

New carpet which reminds me if anyone is ever looking @ buying new carpet let me know I paid around $43 per meter & this is one of the top of the line carpets have seen it in boating shops as high as $85 per meter.

Originally only had one underfloor fuel tank & used to carry one of those pastic yammy tanks which was a pain in the arse fishbox covers the fillers & in turn flips over on hinges to allow access to fillers.

Taken with a flash which dosen't make it look to crash hot the interior skin was painted in fleck & looks a hell of alot nicer than the pic shows & there you have one of my Rod Storage area's under the gunnel

Live bait tank was already there just put new cutting board on top of lid, fuel filter/water seperator seen under transon a must as far as I'm concerned & I'll be pissing of that stupid fuel line clip into the motor once motor is on, just like on my 4 strokes hose will clamp on to the motors internal fuel filter.

There's a better view of the rod holders saw them on I think Rex Yipperty Yapperta Show ages ago & thought what a great setup esp the way I fish using baitrunners & overheads they keep your rod tips down low esp handy is there's a bit of wind about angled in 5 different positions all you need to do is pick up the rod quick release.

Oh Yeah Dont forget to Thank Rexy's Mother For The Rabbits

xtosea
You da man Jumpus, i did not know you were so good at everything!
She's coming along so nice.
You really like that blue colour hey? It needs some Silver Pinn Striping?
Just to make it look real fast?
Nice job

Kamil
Jumpus GooDarus
Already got the pin striping + I've already made the new boat name out of that reflective material which I used on my 4 strokes.

It's a pity I haven't got the fast dry commercial inks & printer else I'd come up with some mad mural sticker

I'll see what the end product looks like after the pin stiping if still to blue may have to design some murals & get a mate to print them up as stickers
poly
well J G that is one hell of a build and a credit to u, there is but one other thing I would have fitted to the boat and that is a fuel expansion chamber as the fuel expands in the heat and forced up the breathers it is collected and returned to the tank as it cools.
this may or may not suit the boat but i think it is a good idea.
Spudly
Looking great jumpy. Like the rod holder idea, however it does take up alot of space that would make a good bait board?
wonder if there is a way you could combine it?

maybe have 4 hokders, 2 either side with bait board and box in the middle

(i did notice the board on the port side trandsom
Jumpus GooDarus
Tell you guys what ?

It was DARK in there I must be getting old or my earsight needs fine tuning mind ewes I did have bad light where I did the mods cause I did notice a couple of small runs in the paint job.

But when we got it out & onto the trailer those wee little runs turned out to be Bloody Big Tidal Waves laugh.gif laugh.gif

And there were a few more that I didnt see whilst boat was indoors, took me a few hrs to cut them back & buff the goat up fortunately I had a good base of paint & didn't rub through.

I'll take some pics 2morro got name on boat do the pin striping 2morrow ran out of daylight.

poly dont need one of those having 2 underfloor fuel tank I can just T off the breather lines leading into just one breather vent it would work on the same princible as the Doobalaki Contraption you posted instead of expanded fuel running out the vent it would run back into the other tank.

Rum there's cutting boards either side of the rod holders + if you look @ the pic I also screwed nylon to the top of the rod holders for 2 reasons

So it can be used as a cutting board
Just about all my rods are cork grips & the nylon will protect the cork from cutting into the alluminium
Jumpus GooDarus
Anyone interested in seeing the end product ??

All finished ran the motor & tested everything today

Spudly
Looking good jumpus'n
Fed
Good stuff Jumpy, Bay trials coming up soon?
Smelly
that looks fully sic bro,
Here's a warning for all the fishy's that i'm sure will hit the deck of the good ship Jumpus'n.

First one to scratch the duco is gonna be aDEAD fishy !!!!!

That goes for you and your PINK jigheads too STEVE.P laugh.gif
SMELLY
Jumpus GooDarus
Theres a few blocking out scratch's in the duco smelly got some runs in the paintwork & couldn't be bothered using 1500 paper to rub them out
It's only a boat & it will get scrathed no matter how carefull you try to be other than that it came up pretty good
Smelly
Yeah was thinking about that last night,u know how you've got that channel go'n down the guts of the trailer,well was thinking the paint around that area is gonna get scratched and damaged,have you got it lined with that nylon stuff there?

Or ya not worried bout that?

BTW i may have lost it in translation but whats with the title (eifel 65)?
SMELLY
Prawnstar
QUOTE (Smelly @ Aug 2 2007, 01:11 PM) *
Yeah was thinking about that last night,u know how you've got that channel go'n down the guts of the trailer,well was thinking the paint around that area is gonna get scratched and damaged,have you got it lined with that nylon stuff there?

SMELLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL2UsAbI1hg
poly
my young friend that is so very very very blue, how could some one so young find some thing so blue as that hysterical.gif hysterical.gif Bannana.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Smelly @ Aug 2 2007, 12:11 PM) *

SMELLY

Not much chance of it scratching under there Smelly the Keel runs on a teflon skid that's the whole purpose of the design & if I may say so

I'm Brilliant laugh.gif laugh.gif

In fact in the trailer thread I mentioned to Fed that I had a couple of scrap pieces left over originally I'd cut them as a guide for the keel but found they were not required

Took it out for a fish 2day & the whole setup was just so easy getting both on & off the trailer

Prawnstar knew who Eiffel 65 was & he's only a kid shame on you Smelly laugh.gif laugh.gif
Smelly
DOH! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not much chance of it scratching under there Smelly the Keel runs on a teflon skid that's the whole purpose of the design & if I may say so
No wukka's,glad to hear it all worked fine.Don't ya just love it when good planning pays off,do it right first time round biggrin.gif

SMELLY
jasonb
jumpy what brand and size is this one ,,,,,,does the pod youve added on the back make much difference ?
Jumpus GooDarus
The boat is a Savage & I'm pretty sure the model is the Kestrel

Looked nothing like it does now whenI got it just a plain tinny with no gunnels or transom.

I made all that up & welded it in reason being I was going to do a trip around oz with it & didn't like the idea of a single skin transom which dropped down to accomidate the motor.

To easy to get water coming in from there & I'm glad I did it cause it can get quite sloppy in Botany Bay when the wind comes up & I've yet to get any water in from the transom.

The boat itself originally was 4.8 meters but if you add the pod length it's grown a wee bit
I've got a spare GPS just haven't fitted it up yet so dont know how fast it goes but a good guess with 2 on board the 50 hp 2 stroke gets it up past the 25 knot mark
jasonb
oh ko thanx mate ,ya done a great job ,,,,hhhhhmmmm now i know where to go if i want some work done ,ahahhaaaahhhhaaaha,just have to start a list now
MartinF
I made all that up & welded it in reason being I was going to do a trip around oz with it

uh oh.. I can just see this now. I'll be over there next week and when I come to JGD's place he'll be standing there with a suitcase, a million rods and this little boat going "so, bunyip man, when are we leaving?" hahahaha

had a good laugh at the opening post btw.. nice work. Love what you've done with the walls of the garage you had it in also ;)

But very nice work on the boat.. looks sweet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.