Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dvd Rip
Fishing oz style > Chat > Help & Computer Support
Spudly

I need some software to RIP my daughters DVD's to put onto USB stick as in the car they are getting destroyed and the car player has a USB input?

No idea what software to use? any help?
kkw
Spud, audio or video dvd's?
oz man
vlc FREE
nero 2015 platium
ashampoo burner.
DVD Fab Platinum
WinX DVD Ripper FREE
HandBrake FREE

That is some and there is lot more

Out of the free ones VlC or Handbrake would be my choice.
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Google both there is tutorial on how to use them to rip.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Spudly @ May 16 2015, 07:41 AM) *
I need some software to RIP my daughters DVD's

Wi Du Yu want to tear stucks movies
Spudly
ashampoo is on here from purchase OZ but cant find the RIP part?
Spudly
???
oz man
That is an early version I gave you when you purchased the computer.Need full latest version from them by memory for the dvd ripping function will have a look .
Fed
What about the icon that says burn or rip music spud?
oz man
Ripping a DVD

Download DVD ripping software, such as Ashampoo Burning Studio Free, Acala DVD Ripper Professional or MediaMonkey Standard (see Resources). This software is designed to "rip" the content off of a disc onto your computer. These programs are fairly easy to find and typically free. Each program is different, so follow the installation instructions provided.

Insert a DVD into the computer's optical drive. Launch the DVD ripping software. Choose the file format, size and quality of the exported movie file you want. Most software offers the MP4 video format option, which gives high-resolution while minimizing file size. Ripping a movie can take anywhere from a few minutes to half-an-hour, depending on your processor speed, how much RAM your computer has, what version of USB you have and how quickly your DVD drive reads.

Play back the movie file on your computer to make sure that it works properly. That means skipping through the movie to the end to ensure that the entire movie was copied. Look for glitches and errors that might manifest themselves as audio or video dropouts, frame skipping or pixelated images. If this has occurred, you may need to adjust the settings and try again.

Copying Files to a USB Drive

Plug in the USB flash drive. If this is the first time plugging in the USB drive, wait for Windows to automatically install the correct driver.

Copy the file to the USB drive. In Windows, open the movie file and select "Save As." From this menu, you can change the location where the filed is saved. Choose the USB drive as the location and click "Save." If you have a Mac, simply drag the movie file's icon onto the USB drive's icon on your desktop.

Play back the file to make sure that it works properly. Open the USB drive's contents on your computer and click the movie file icon. If it plays back normally, you can proceed to the next step. If not, you may need to copy the file again.

Unplug the USB drive and if possible, test it on another computer to ensure compatibility. Sometimes a copied movie file can work perfectly on your computer and not work at all on another.

oz man
https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/7110/bu...ing-Studio-FREE

Here is the free version 14.5 the latest is 15. but this will do what you want if you follow the above.
Spudly
Cheers OZ, i think its only 14 that ive got, opnly lets you rip Audio CDs FED
oz man
I,m trying handbrake and was sent by a m8 a copy of Winx DVD ripper platinum which is not free but a top program I must say.
oz man
my choice now is Winx dvd ripper platinum a top program to use.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (oz man @ May 19 2015, 06:46 AM) *
my choice now is Winx dvd ripper platinum a top program to use.

Yes i used sum Windex on my windsreen
It's now squeaky clean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.