Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Car
Fishing oz style > Quackerdoo ! > Four x Fourbies
nimrod
Jumpy. Show us your new mode of transport.

PLEASE
Jumpus GooDarus
Which wun
I got 2 new donkeys
Fed
I saw a swarm of moths last week & thought Jumpy must have opened his wallet.
Jumpus GooDarus
Yeah right
Says the bloke who keeps his coins in a jam jar with a label that says

Never Open laugh.gif laugh.gif

Only just got the ute back probs from the start with blown module

Ended up spiting the dummy @ ford

Udder than that i like the car & it drives like a charm got sum grunt behind it

Started on a few mods considering only got it back udder day

quintrex101
Not a bad car at all. I like the Rangers (dads got one as well, 2 door turbo diesel) makes my car feel slow !
Fed
Looking good mate I bet you were pissed at the teething problems.
Jumpus GooDarus
You've got no idea

Even more pissed with idiots in servicing full of shite
Plics had car 2 days got it back no odometer reading had to take it back again but not b4 i had a chance to do a bit of my work on it

When i took it back i asked to speak to mech who'd worked on it i chewed his ear off i was not in a good mood plic had left wiring dangling , bent a pin on battery cover & just left it siting under the bonet
nimrod
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 3 2013, 09:13 PM) *
You've got no idea

Even more pissed with idiots in servicing full of shite
Plics had car 2 days got it back no odometer reading had to take it back again but not b4 i had a chance to do a bit of my work on it

When i took it back i asked to speak to mech who'd worked on it i chewed his ear off i was not in a good mood plic had left wiring dangling , bent a pin on battery cover & just left it siting under the bonet

Sounds like a pretty normal start for a Ranger. Tried to tell you, but what would I know'

Anyhow good luck with the new car and hope you get a few weeks enjoyment out of it before the next thing goes wrong,,, OH and I wouldn't be taking a lot of notice of the trip computer either, that is IF it's still working.

All jokes aside, I hope you have lots of fun with it, it does LOOK good.
poly
JUMPY if the ranger is a diesel have a water separator fitted as soon as you can, it can cost up to $10,000 for the repairs on the common rail diesels if you pick up as much as a spoon full of water

Paul
frozenpod
QUOTE (poly @ Mar 12 2013, 09:30 AM) *
JUMPY if the ranger is a diesel have a water separator fitted as soon as you can, it can cost up to $10,000 for the repairs on the common rail diesels if you pick up as much as a spoon full of water

Paul

Will that solve the water separator prevent damage if you do get water mixed in with the fuel?
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (frozenpod @ Mar 13 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Will that solve the water separator prevent damage if you do get water mixed in with the fuel?

Not really esp if seperator is tucked up out of view you'll never ketch epsy of water till it's to late

Did do a few mods to ute much deeper tray on ranger than was on navara so opted not to do a new tray instead utilized existing
There's a 25 litre s/s fresh water tank fitted under tray with tap situated on towbar

Great big trundle tray going from back to front had to make up my own runner system using bearings to take the weight
Battery wun side compessor udder side & remaining area over wheel arch storage

There's more wing is going to paint shop 2mollo
poly
Not really esp if seperator is tucked up out of view you'll never ketch epsy of water till it's to late

thats very true j.g., the one i have fitted to my 4/B has a very loud buzzer mounted in the bash, any more than a tea spoon full will set it off
the unit is made by cooma diesel here in Canberra.
talk to your local 4 wheal drive people for the best advice.

Paul biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
nimrod
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 13 2013, 08:04 PM) *

Did do a few mods to ute much deeper tray on ranger than was on navara so opted not to do a new tray instead utilized existing
There's a 25 litre s/s fresh water tank fitted under tray with tap situated on towbar

Great big trundle tray going from back to front had to make up my own runner system using bearings to take the weight
Battery wun side compessor udder side & remaining area over wheel arch storage

There's more wing is going to paint shop 2mollo

What I did with a cruiser I had was turned the side steps into water and oil tanks,. I welded two steps together mahing them twice as deep, I had water the full length of one side and devided the other side into two and had engine oil in one half and gear/diff oil in other half, so if I ever flodded the engine and diffs ( unlikely ) I would have fresh oil to fill.
This was a huge success as the low gravity and extra weight eather side low down made it great off road vehicle, only thing was I had to watch my height as the tanks were 3" lower then standard, but never damaged them, and in those days I used to do some heavy off roading.
Fed
4WD wankers.
What's wrong with you people?
nimrod
QUOTE (Fed @ Mar 15 2013, 06:47 AM) *
4WD wankers.

Loved my off roading when I was a young fit healthy bloke, bought my first 4x4 a 1963 land rover SWB in 1969, shooting, fishing and general site seeing and sleeping under the stars, every week end without fail, when it was raining it just added to the fun. got my 2nd one a LWB 1972 model with a 186 S motor bored to 192 and it had a fairy overdrive, wow what a vehicle, although not as good in the rough stuff as the SWB, it was a very comfy vehicle, could drive from Sydney to Adelaide on the one fill up, mind you it took a while at the pump to fill the tanks. Had several different makes and models since, now for the first time since I bought that first Land Rover I am without a 4X4 .
poly
QUOTE (nimrod @ Mar 15 2013, 09:40 AM) *
Loved my off roading when I was a young fit healthy bloke, bought my first 4x4 a 1963 land rover SWB in 1969, shooting, fishing and general site seeing and sleeping under the stars, every week end without fail, when it was raining it just added to the fun. got my 2nd one a LWB 1972 model with a 186 S motor bored to 192 and it had a fairy overdrive, wow what a vehicle, although not as good in the rough stuff as the SWB, it was a very comfy vehicle, could drive from Sydney to Adelaide on the one fill up, mind you it took a while at the pump to fill the tanks. Had several different makes and models since, now for the first time since I bought that first Land Rover I am without a 4X4 .

try this one Frank

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/classifie...-v8-chev-diesel

Paul
nimrod
QUOTE (poly @ Mar 15 2013, 03:34 PM) *

Paul. Not thinking or wanting another 4X4 but sometimes I do miss the old days.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Mar 15 2013, 06:47 AM) *
4WD wankers.

FED WE ALL KN0OW YOU'RE AN IDIOT

No need to keep reminding us
Spudly
QUOTE (Fed @ Mar 15 2013, 05:47 AM) *
4WD wankers.

we have life's
quintrex101
Great setup Jumpy. Making me want to buy a ute more and more, stupid good for nothing sedans tongue.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Mar 16 2013, 01:04 AM) *
stupid good for nothing sedans tongue.gif

Sedans are wot the Fed's drive laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ripped the front end off 2day setting up winch
quintrex101
What does that say tongue.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
When ewe grow up ewe want to be just like Fed

A Goose laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Just about done
Wow have even just clocked up the 1st 1000 klms tongue.gif

Full length draw had to come with my own track system powered by bearings

Pass corner under targa/ switch box, compressor, lighting etc for gear runing off 2nd battery

Opted not 2go full bullbar this time just enough for HID's & winch, headlights have also been converted to HID

They wanted sumting like $5 k for targa wun could buy alot of chookens for $ 5 k
So i built my own out of alloy

Spudly
where is the bull bar?

Targa?
NetPez
ALL THAT ALLOY IN THE BACK?
Hope youve put some heavier springs under it
Spudly
you might run into air flow problems with that bar?
kkw
Not bad for a Ford. Did you know they now have heated tailgates? Keep your hands warm when you are pushing them home.
Jumpus GooDarus
Had wun of those stupid female drivers run up my arse 2day
Very common around here those stupid female drivers, very easy to spot
They think they can drive & operate a phone whilst doing their makeup all @ the same time

Wittle scratch on my GOOSEneck no not Fed refering to my towbar laugh.gif laugh.gif

Her car didn't fair so well though
kkw
Know what you mean. Picked up a brand new Mazda one time and was driving it over to show my folks. Saw a woman driving along behind me - sometimes real close other times way back. Stopped at several sets of lights and saw her brake late at most. About the 4th set, bam straight into the back. Car was only a few hours registered. She was uninsured!!!! Has to go around a few weeks later, appropriately dressed and in the appropriate car, to get money out of her for repairs.
Bees Knees
So you used your place of employment for leverage? Thats 'criminal'... smile.gif
Fed
She was uninsured!!!! Has to go around a few weeks later, appropriately dressed and in the appropriate car, to get money out of her for repairs.

Batman in the Batmobile?
I would have shot you out for trying to pull rank, would have been worth it just to see the look on your face.
Your response to... "SOSUME, SLAM!" ?
kkw
It would have been "sosume!!!! and then 'Slam, Bam'.
poly
is that the same stuff the boys up north call there discount clothing??????????????????????????????????????????

Paul

hysterical.gif poke.gif hysterical.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.