Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Burrinjuck Dam
Fishing oz style > Chat > Fresh Water Chat
nimrod
Hi guys I am heading down to Burrinjuck Dam for the 3rd 4th and 5th of December with a couple of old mates.
I go each year as the Cod season opens on the 1st Dec, I usually camp at Carroll creek and have had a cabin a few times, this year I have decided to get a cabin for a few comforts.
I still have a spare seat on the boat and a spare bed in the cabin, IF any one is interested in 4 days fresh water fishing for the mighty Murray Cod, there is also good yellowbelly to be had and of coarse Redfin, with the ever present Carp.
Burrinjuck is approx 3 1/2 hours drive from my place and is just south of Yass.
The dam is a fantastic fishing hole and there are some really big Cod in there, the biggest I have taken there is 83 cm but some bigger ones are there. I release all the Cod I catch, and most of the yellas, but keep all redfin as they are good tucker and it does no harm to keep all you catch.
Hope at least 1 of you guys can come down with me, and IF more want to come I can easily transfer and get a bigger cabin, wemen welcome also as long as they are comfortable sharing space with a mob of smelly old grumpy men.
you have plenty of time to think about it.
nimrod
Well chaps it's that time of year.
I'm heading down to Lake Burrinjuck near Yass to try my luck at a few Murray cod.
Yellowbell are always a possibility and the Redfin make a good meal.
I will be in cabin #51 if anyone wants to drop in and say hello.
Hope I can get some photos to share with you guys.
jack
have fun
Spudly
Good luck frank! hope the weather is good... The majority of us will just have to sit at work and think about fishing
nimrod
Got down there and went for a fish for about 3 hours before getting blown back to shore by a 40 knot breeze, which didn't let up for the next 36 hours so here I am back home and pretty pissed off.
jack
That is no good, at least you were in a cabin rather than having to deal with setting up tents in that gale....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.