Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellowfin Tuna
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Game Fishing
Stickman
I went out on the weekend with Flapper looking for my first blue marlin. The blues were very far and few between on the weekend with only one very nice blue marlin being caught that we heard of over the radio all weekend. At a estimated 250kgs shows there are some big blues marlin around at present. Even though no blue marlin for us this weekend we did manage a nice little fat yellowfin tuna estimated at around the 30kg mark. Flapper has this uncanny knack of finding the yellowfin long before others year in year out and its not luck at all he is always thinking when out there looking for fish.

Thanks for a great weekend Jumpus!
nimrod
QUOTE (Stickman @ Apr 2 2012, 03:15 PM) *
I went out on the weekend with Flapper looking for my first blue marlin. The blues were very far and few between on the weekend with only one very nice blue marlin being caught that we heard of over the radio all weekend. At a estimated 250kgs shows there are some big blues marlin around at present. Even though no blue marlin for us this weekend we did manage a nice little fat yellowfin tuna estimated at around the 30kg mark. Flapper has this uncanny knack of finding the yellowfin long before others year in year out and its not luck at all he is always thinking when out there looking for fish.

Thanks for a great weekend Jumpus!

That is a good size of fin to keep, the bigger ones seem to create more waste as that size you tend to bone out.
Also about as big as I could handle these days, a great fight on the right gear, and you have the right skipper to find them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.