Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer Choices
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Spudly
Trailer Choices..... For everyone but jumpy, want a trailer for a real boat, not some tac welded sheet metal ;)

Still waiting for a few others to get back to me..

Boing Trailer $4920

Sales Trailer $4000
Jumpus GooDarus
Yeah right
Who else but jumpy bothers talking to ewe laugh.gif laugh.gif
Spudly
ewe would talk to anyone or anything!

quintrex101
Why do you need a new trailer mate ? the prices are pretty high, but i've only heard good things about Sales Trailers.. Got a Dunbier trailer myself, also had a Marlin before that and they have both been great trailers, i'm sure you'll be happy with the Boeing or the Sales, just stay clear of Brooker Trailers and those Chinese trailers, terrible parts !
Fed
Would you need a tandem Rumpus?
Spudly
I want tandam cause of the km and the haines is a heavy boat.. just for security if im driving from home to the coast or up to the inlaws or an of the dams out here..
Fed
I like the lead on guides on the Boing are you going to drive on or winch on?
Spudly
QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 19 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I like the lead on guides on the Boing are you going to drive on or winch on?

Drive on...
salty fil
Hey Rumps.
Congrats on the new boat.
Looks just like my one, Signature 520 C.
They do ride good for a 5 m boat, had it for a few years now and been out in all kinds of shit.
Regarding trailers and why you want a tandem.
I bought my boat up in Brisbane and towed it home in 1 drive with the old 97 Hilux. That was on a single axle.
Later on i had a new trailer built to suit the ramp at Long Reef. That cost me about $4000 and is also a single axel.
Ive towed it back up to QLD and back, Port Maquarie and a few other places and the single axel trailer hasnt had a prob.
If i remember, the boat only weighs 550 kg (hull only).
Maybe you can save yourself some $$$
Jumpus GooDarus
Guys who own a hains are only wittle short fellows approx 2 1/2 feet high
Spudly
Regarding trailers and why you want a tandem.

Travel some of the roads out here and you would understand.. the gravel roads are better than the tar ones..
nimrod
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Jan 19 2012, 07:47 PM) *
Why do you need a new trailer mate ? the prices are pretty high, but i've only heard good things about Sales Trailers.. Got a Dunbier trailer myself, also had a Marlin before that and they have both been great trailers, i'm sure you'll be happy with the Boeing or the Sales, just stay clear of Brooker Trailers and those Chinese trailers, terrible parts !

Tell me Danial, with all your vast wealth of knowledge about boat trailers.
could you explain Why you would advise people to stay away from Brooker trailers ?
quintrex101
Not sure about the older ones (i've got an 80s model and it's the best thing ever) but the newer ones use alot of cheap parts..

My uncle who i was close to had 2 brooker trailers and even wasn't too fussed on them. The rollers no matter how many times you tightened the nuts on them would always come loose and the rollers would go out of line, everytime we went to put the boat on the trailer we'd have trouble balancing the boat. The strap on the winch snapped after 4 months and the winch wasn't looking too good. The bearings were rusted after 6 months (they were nosiy so we checked them and found out we needed to replace them)
The lights got water in them and needed to be replaced within 6 months

Just seemed it always needed something done or replaced on them, i'm no expert but i've spoken to other people who have had similar problems.. the trailer was always washed and looked after as well...

Hey maybe we just got some duds, just doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle..
Fed
You have to laugh, remember how 'everyone' raves on about supporting the boat on the keel supposed to be the strongest part and then Sales come out with a trailer where the two back rollers don't even touch the keel in the loaded position.

My Sales trailer is the same on the rear roller, it's 6" lower than the keel.

Let's see what the rest of them have to offer.
Jumpus GooDarus
The only thing i'm laughing @ is your comment Fed laugh.gif laugh.gif

You go lift last roller flush with rest of them & try getting boat up or off for that matter
Fed
Every roller trailer I've ever owned aside from this one had all the centre rollers touching the keel.
Roll on roll off that's what rollers are for.

You are fast becoming the wackjob of the internet Jumpy.
Spudly
here here FED!

Dunbier glider series.. would get tandems and spare wheel holder added..
quintrex101
That's exactly like my trailer just the bigger verison, best thing ever to drive on mate, easy
kkw
What's wrong with the trailer you have Rum? Looks ok in the photos.
Fed
That blue skid stuff on the dunbier was the stuff that started to mark my hull on the trailer I refurbished.
It's a little bit rounded on the top & doesn't allow for much contact area.

Any more in the pipeline?
Spudly
Easytow have a nice trailer but $7000 is alot more!
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 20 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Every roller trailer I've ever owned aside from this one had all the centre rollers touching the keel.
Roll on roll off that's what rollers are for.

You are fast becoming the wackjob of the internet Jumpy.

Fed you really need to get with the program & 4get what you had back in the 50's time have changed & so have trailer designs
Fed
Someone should make flatpack trailers, pump them out like sausages c/w 2 shifters.
Get the price down to a sensible level.
oz man
take it to china and they will Fed
Fed
I'm sitting here imagining Rumpus with an IKEA trailer, a shifting spanner and a bottle of rum. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.