Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boat Mods
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
nimrod
Jumpy. The mods look great, thought you didn't like launchers ?.
Anyhow hope the addidition keep your bumb dry,,, but In my way of looking at it My guess is that a lot of the dampness comes from backdraft from the sides of the cab moreso then what drops off the roof,,, probably wrong but IF you find you still get a wet arse it might pay to put a deflector down the starboard side of the edge of the cabin.

Please don't change the boats name.
kkw
When I was stationed at Cronulla, I submitted a report to have the old 25ft Trojan replaced with a 23ft Shark Cat. Head office agreed and put out tenders. I was spewing when the final result came in. They went for price and not quality. Markham won the tender and seeing they didn't have a 23footer, they 'stretched' the 18ft whaler. It was a narrow beamed boat with a half cab and it used to suck in the spray like a vacuum cleaner. I had a wet shirt and shorts all the time as we were under way. I used to go through a set of hydraulic Bostrum seats a year, due to rusting out. 'Mine' was a test case and after 6 months, they ordered three more twin hulls for various localities. You guessed it - they were Shark Cats........
Yes, cabins can certainly suck in the spray, but I think Jumpys was a slightly different issue, where his seats sit outside the cabin sides.
Fed
My cat used to get the dreaded mist but only in smooth glassy conditions.
I always thought it came out between the hulls at the back & sucked into the cabin, really weird to be driving along then out of nowhere your back was dripping wet.
At least the boat doesn't look ugly due to the changes Jumpy.
Spudly
I think he is trying to make it look more like a barcrusher!
TomMc
that ladder/spare wheel holder looks great!
Jumpus GooDarus
Only get a wet arse when i wear waves over the top of if it's raining water ran off the roof onto seat back

Had to do the ladder long way up now that there's no tailgate to step on

Was feeling like salty last time out & went looking for milk crates laugh.gif laugh.gif
quintrex101
The Launchers make the boat look awesome, the boat looks great Jumpy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.