Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And You Thought You Had A Bad Day
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Sir Reel
5:15 am This morning. Australia Day
Was called to a accident on the main road.
2 Fisherman were heading east bound.
Probably heading to the boat ramp.
A new car was heading west bound.
Speed limit of this road is 50km
Driver of car fell asleep and hit an on coming 4wd towing a boat.
Boat ended up in the back seat. Thankfully no childen were in the back.
Driver of the car needed extraction as he was trapped by confidement.
Both drivers were air lifted to canberra hospital.
My thoughts and prayers go out to these drivers & I hope both drivers recover quickly.

Below are 2 photos. PLEASE DONT FORWARD THE BELOW PHOTOS ON, as there is an investigation in progress.
Also I have purposely not named any important details as someone may google search information and this has not been made public yet. Although it may be secure here on this site please be carefull in your descriptions.

I have posted here as a timely reminder to take care on the road.
Jumpus GooDarus
Geez john how brurry long did it take ewe to upload those pics ??

Reckon a few hrs judging by their size

I deleted them & replaced same as a much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much Smaller file size wuns

Dont like travelling anywhere on holiday times should've seen all the idiots on the road when I snuck down to JB recently
Fed
That's a bad start to the day Sir, did you notice if the boat winch cable snapped, it's strange how it got up there.

(Hard to see, some blurry iriot made the pictures blurry)
Spudly
Ouch....
quintrex101
Ditto ^
oz man
WOW someone will have some explaining.
Fed
Think of the paperwork.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 26 2011, 11:15 PM) *
(Hard to see, some blurry iriot made the pictures blurry)

Doing the Wally thing again I see Fedarika

I didn't take the pics nor did i make them blurry

Suggest you go get your eyesight checked out ewe'll find a big pair of goggles are in order, that generally happens when a person reach's the senior years that ewe are @ laugh.gif laugh.gif

ps] if ewe had a brain which had sum sort of working function ewe could have had a stab in the dark saw the winch behind the hull put 1 & 1 together applied pythagoras's theory realising the weakest link on a winch is the anti-reverse doobalacky.

Hence working out that the able is prob still attached to goat

I have no probs with blurryness looking @ the pic can even see Sir reel & his mate wearing their mellow yellow tops

Ouch....

Where you in the car Spud ????????????

Couldn't see any mashed potato any where laugh.gif
Fed
Settle down wanker I only wanted to know how the winch got so far away from the bow eye, maybe a broken cable, maybe a straightened out hook, maybe the winch pawl, I was hoping John noticed it.
What about the safety chain, maybe the bow eye pulled out of the boat?
Spudly
FED, I suggest you look at the other picture, its much more interesting...
Fed
Did I miss something Rumpus?
Jumpus GooDarus
Breakfast
Sir Reel
Didnt take me long to upload jumpy, I just hit the upload button lol

Couldnt see any cable or attachment point.
It must b still attached as it isnt dangling.
We had to stand clear.
Was difficult to get these photos as we wernt alowed to take them
The trailer broke at the jocky wheel u bolts.
oh and fed read the logo in the other pic.
Jumpus GooDarus
They were big files mate 1.7 mb if memory serves me correctly took ages for this sites server to open them up so I reduced them morso for any bloody's who were on a slow upload speed.

Couldnt see any cable or attachment point.
It must b still attached as it isnt dangling.

If it had snapped it would've despooled itself making it more obvious unless no cable @ all & winch had a strap instead
Sir Reel
Talk about a bad day.
Take a mate fishing, doing all the right things, dont even get to the ramp.
Everyone ends up in hospital. Broken bones, years of phisio and probably a few visits to the pschyciatrist.

Driver who fell asleep wasnt ment to be doing that extra 12 hr shift.
Had worked the day before in another trade.
Was called in last min.
Heaps of paperwork and full investigation

Got me thinking about securing my boat so it cant slide forward in an crash.

Wouldnt want to be involved in a head on even without the boat.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Sir Reel @ Jan 27 2011, 10:03 PM) *
Talk about a bad day.
Take a mate fishing, doing all the right things, dont even get to the ramp.

Pull your finger out tongue.gif

Now your best chance of nailing a goodarus fish out wide B4 the water disappears

Ulladulla to Batemans is going off for those who find the water
Sir Reel
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 27 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Pull your finger out tongue.gif

Now your best chance of nailing a goodarus fish out wide B4 the water disappears

Ulladulla to Batemans is going off for those who find the water

hopeing for some good weather sat. Went out wide last Sunday and the weather was crap, seas heading sth @ 3 mtrs and blowing its head off hrs before predicted.

Would even consider heading to jB or Montague in search of some kings and or dolfin fish
Fed
fed read the logo in the other pic

Can't read the logo mate, some blurry iriot made it too blurry.
Can you read it, what does it say?
jack
QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 28 2011, 11:38 AM) *
Can't read the logo mate, some blurry iriot made it too blurry.

My guess: "POLICE"

Cop fell asleep behind the wheel
Fed
No it doesn't say Police, I looked it up on Google & the Logo is in Latin which says something like "Be bad & we'll get you".
jack
Man it's that time of the year again.

I need my eyes checked

Jack
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 28 2011, 11:38 AM) *

It says

Federal Wally's Pol Ice laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.