Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wot A Joke
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Jumpus GooDarus
Geez I was pee'd off yesterday

Last couple of trips out on the big boat port motor was playing up a bit, more a nuisence than a hassle thought it was a lack of fuel caused by sum shit blocking fuel evaporator ot inline filter.

So 1/2 pulled off the manifold & stripped fuel system down yesterday to have a looky got to the injectors & noticed O-ring on top injector not looking to crash hot

Injectors on port motor where not mine I'd borrowed them 6 months back when Duck Flakka came out & cursed the boat laugh.gif laugh.gif

Mine had been sent away to get cleaned & I hadn't bothered swapping them back mainly cause boats had lack of use

Anyways twas late arvo & left stripping down the motor to run down to Sea Sea to pick up my injectors knew chris was on holidays lucky I looked in the bag 1st cause noticed wrong o-rings had been returned with injectors.

Asked Breno if there was any new wuns lying around answer was no so it was a dash over to nearest Yammy dealer

Hunts aka biggest rip off merchants going around

Pliks wanted $ 22 - each for an O Ring worth 50 cents if that wasn't bad enough try $ 55 - for gauze filter size of the old 5 cent piece

I looked @ the guy & asked wot DRUGS he was taking ???????? & walked out

Did the bolt back my way to a guy my mate Wozza aka Sheep Shagger knew who re-did his own injectors

Guy laughed @ me when I asked him wot I owed said he'd feel like kkw [crim] laugh.gif laugh.gif if he were to charge the 50 cents they were worth

Anyways got home fished stripping fuel system down found no crap nor blockage slapped motor back together 1st crank like allways started right away got to luv the 4 strokes.

Best I can figure out injectors may have been a bit dirty but that o ring would've caused a vacumn loss find out next trip when I get to open them up under load

Morale of this story is

Hunt's Marine R Pliks
kkw
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 22 2011, 04:54 PM) *
Guy laughed @ me when I asked him wot I owed said he'd feel like kkw [crim] laugh.gif laugh.gif if he were to charge the 50 cents they were worth
Hunt's Marine R Pliks

Wots he doing??? Letting the side down. I would have charged at least $1
Fed
I'm not a Hunts fan either mate, at least you might have it all sorted out now.
Time for me to sneak back over and pee in your tank again eh?
quintrex101
Haha, pissed myself laughing reading that.

Hunts are overpriced for everything, seen a little 4.2 estuary angler ? brand new, 30hp motor, unpainted, 20 grand ? gotta be on drugs to pay that price.
jack
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Jan 22 2011, 11:25 PM) *
Haha, pissed myself laughing reading that.

Hunts are overpriced for everything, seen a little 4.2 estuary angler ? brand new, 30hp motor, unpainted, 20 grand ? gotta be on drugs to pay that price.

I got mine (estuary angler) from there brand new with 40HP and travel cover for about 14000 3 years ago
so I guess they are lucid at least some of the times.
Jumpus GooDarus
Boats are different Jack
Charlie just got a new quintrex from them b4 xmas @ a good price
If stock isn't moving they will reduce the price same as motors no good advertising a new 2009 model in 2011

It's spare parts where they'll rip ewe off alot of the parts are exactly the same as that on a motor vehicle good example are the injectors on my Yams exactly the same injector as that of a mitsubishi magna both made by the same company.

Hunts sells those injectors for $ 290 each

Mitsubishi sells theirs for $ 69 each
nimrod
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 23 2011, 11:50 AM) *
Boats are different Jack
Charlie just got a new quintrex from them b4 xmas @ a good price
If stock isn't moving they will reduce the price same as motors no good advertising a new 2009 model in 2011

It's spare parts where they'll rip ewe off alot of the parts are exactly the same as that on a motor vehicle good example are the injectors on my Yams exactly the same injector as that of a mitsubishi magna both made by the same company.

Hunts sells those injectors for $ 290 each

Mitsubishi sells theirs for $ 69 each

Amazing what uses those Mitsubishi Injectors,,, I used to sell more of them for other fitment other then Mitsubishi then I did for Mitsubishi, still popular with Holden v8 conversions.
Jumpus GooDarus
Amazing what uses those Mitsubishi Injectors,,,

Not just injectors frank
Outboard manufactures may cast their own blocks etc but they dont make their conponents

Examples

Spark plugs, starter motors, alternators etc etc etc

Ewe'll find they're the same components used in cars/motor bikes made by co's like bosch etc

But when ewe buy for a boat the marine industry make sure they get every cent out of ewe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.