Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Oz 403 Forbiden Access!
Fishing oz style > Chat > Help & Computer Support
Spudly
Hey OZ, at home on my linux box i used to have no prob getting onto site but suddenly getting 403 errors? any ideas.. cant get on
Sir Reel
QUOTE (Rumpus @ Aug 10 2010, 07:12 AM) *
Hey OZ, at home on my linux box i used to have no prob getting onto site but suddenly getting 403 errors? any ideas.. cant get on

Hi Chad, try turning your router and modem off. Now turn on & see if that fixed it. You should also do a disc clean up 2 remove your brousing history
Jumpus GooDarus
If that dosen't work
Throw a stick @ it hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
jasonb
or throw it at a stick,,jas
oz man
Lol that can been your local ISP not having sufficent BW or 1 of many things , even my server.
But I haven't been down for anything more than 2 minutes for a reboot on a apache update in the last 3 months.
So my suggestion is a soft reset of your modem and router, then lets see.
Spudly
its working, just came home and its all good, so ill call it telstras fault....

ps, stick is now on fire!
Jumpus GooDarus
Talk about a bunch of F****** Wally's

Spent the last 5 hrs on the dog & done between my ISP & the mob hu supplied my router
Lost internet connection this morn & had to re-program the wittle shit

Wun passing the buck onto the udder Finally I'd had enough of the Bullashitter hung up on the tried last time on my own & got the bruddy thing working

Geez there's a bunch of gooses employed in ISP
oz man
You can say that Jumpy, most are kids and are given a computer script to work to.
If the red light is on , it not wotrking .
1) check that there is signal being sent by reverse ping. lol
2) turn it off and on again.
Telestra would be the worse followed by Optus for support.,the best support ISP I have every seen is Westnet followed by IInet.
Spudly
TIG, The Internet Group! (ended up becoming Ihug which are now iinet)

Dunno what they are like now but used to be the best, were first to come out with unlimited dial up plans.. long before broadband was around!

Worked for them for a few years back in my sillyer days, still know a few people there..
Spudly
Its happening again, on linix laptop... will load up the windoze machine later and see if i can get on on that.. thank god for proxy's hey..

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
oz man
yes I had an error in the xmas script so have removed it.
Plus if your anywhere out west eg cowra etc you will be having trouble no matter what isp as there is a problem with the main lines.
Fed
Yeah out West the lines are coffee cans & string.
Jumpus GooDarus
Yo ozzyman
Cop'n that error every 2nd/3rd day

Like spud on the laptop & only on this site

You sold me a dud laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fed
Pull the string tighter mate.
oz man
nah but have had problem on server , but they are just about in the past . Upgrades of security patches on apache and mysql.
Jumpus GooDarus
But Wot does it all mean ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Fed
You just don't get it,... DO YOU?
oz man
all fixed. now.
Jumpus GooDarus
Bullshitta

Wouldn't let me in till now
oz man
Well that has to do with something you have setup as the server is running 100% with the script.
And I have not had anyone else state they have problems logging on.
It might be the way you log on thru the admin panel.
Fed
It's running like a clock ozman and fwiw I haven't had any problems at all.
Spudly
Been locked out of site all week again with 403 errors???? cleared all my cache and cookies etc, still nothing!!

any ideas
Fed
Have you been a naughty boy?
oz man
Weird Rumpus as the site has only been down for less than 1 minute about a week ago when they did an update.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Rumpus @ Sep 16 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Been locked out of site all week again with 403 errors???? cleared all my cache and cookies etc, still nothing!!

any ideas

I cop it every week

Wi ewe no risten to His Eminance
Easy fix
Shut down browser
Do a disk cleanup of C drive & make sure all internet files are deleted
Reboot pc
Spudly
its back???? didnt work this morning but works tonight!!! Havnt done anything today?
Jumpus GooDarus
Sum times you dont have to as OS will automatically do a cleanup of temp internet files
OS does this weekly from memory
If prob arises again just do it manually
Fed
When does it happen Rumpus, when you first open the webpage or when you try & log in?

Is this the bookmark you're using?
http://www.fishingozstyle.com.au/forums/index.php?act=idx
Does that appear in your address bar when you first open the webpage?
If it happens again check your hosts file, open it with a text editor.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Look for any entries with fishingozstyle in them, your hosts file should be pretty much bare.

Are you a pirate like nimrod, do you have a black eye patch & a parrot on your shoulder?

FWIW I find ccleaner a very quick way to do the clean up Jumpy suggested.

You're running windows and linux? Does it happen in linux?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.