Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke The Boat!
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Fed
I forgot to mention last fishing trip I was running down the river at WOT to frighten the rowers out of my way and I had an alarm go off, a continuious beep coming from my controller. YIKES! mad.gif
I checked the pee hole and water was flowing so I slowed down to a stop, water was still flowing and the alarm was still going.
I turned off the motor and waited 30 seconds and fired it back up again, no alarm so off we went for the day fishing without any further problems but I didn't try WOT again.
I guess that will teach me not to drive at WOT anymore, no WOT = no alarm. smile1.gif
Spudly
I wonder "WOT" is Was?!?!
Fed
Is was broke but now is fixed.
kkw
Wot the heck are you on about???
Fed
Watt?

Heads off, water galleries all cleaned out, new water deflectors fitted and compression tested.
Tomorrow I'll give it an engine clean, I like shiny things. BananaCrazy.gif
Click to view attachment
kkw
Don't forget to add double the oil. You know - like last time. Make sure you shake up the tank to mix it through, otherwise you will sputter to a stop and run into the bullrushes.

Can I bring my boat over for you to clean it as well?
Jumpus GooDarus
I checked the pee hole and water was flowing so I slowed down to a stop

Ewe mean this wun ??? Fed peeing.gif

Maybe the alarm went off to let ewe know a no 2 was in order hysterical.gif

Told ewe b4 Fed those envirudes are a plick of a motor

I purchased a pair but bigger HP , 20 odd years back brand spankers & the alarms going off all the time used to drive me Gumballs Gumballs.gif
Fed
Make sure you shake up the tank to mix it through

Just a point of interest KK did you know that to comply with the TCW3 certification the oil only has to completely mix after 10 inversions. Makes me wonder how many people are running a pretty strong mix after a fresh fill up.

That was my first alarm ever on an OMC motor Jumpy aside from testing them, sort of exciting.
Perhaps you needed to maintain your motors a little better?
Seafairy
Can I bring my boat over for you to clean it as well?

KK you are asking the wrong person! hysterical.gif

AND notice who was doing WOT!!! biggrin.gif
kkw
QUOTE (Fed @ Dec 12 2009, 07:49 AM) *
Just a point of interest KK did you know that to comply with the TCW3 certification the oil only has to completely mix after 10 inversions. Makes me wonder how many people are running a pretty strong mix after a fresh fill up.

Yes, I wonder. Heard of a bloke a year or so back, who bought a "new" motor for his boat. Didn't trust the oil injection system or the alarms, so doubled up on the oil mix just to be safe smile.gif Poured oil into his fuel tank and motored off a couple of hundred yards before the river was filled with smoke and the motor quit. As I recall, the oil didn't mix and the motor didn't like running on oil alone. hysterical.gif
I have disconnected my oil tank and premix my fuel. Not that I don't trust the injection or the alarms rolleyes.gif

Seafairy, will you give my deck a polish? I will wash the hull smile1.gif
Seafairy
KK
I am better at washing than "polishing" - AND it's easier biggrin.gif
Bees Knees
I can se the problem Team Fed It has a screwdriver hanging out of it... hysterical.gif
Spudly
You also have to be carefull when mixing Oils, Differant oils will cause seperation and cause ya biiiiggggg issues...
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Dec 12 2009, 07:49 AM) *
That was my first alarm ever on an OMC motor Jumpy aside from testing them, sort of exciting.
Perhaps you needed to maintain your motors a little better?

Cant ewe read Fed ??

I said the motors were brand new & alarms were going off from the start

Seafairy, will you give my d*ck a polish?

That will be enough of that kk !

This is a family forum with wittle kiddy's about
kkw
Had to re-read my reply. oops.gif omg_smilie.gif Hope no-one else read it the same way you did.

Sorry kiddies and Mrs's. Lucky I'm not a Kiwi.
Jumpus GooDarus
Sorry kiddies

Wot about apologising to the Baby Potatoes & Duck Eggs

They can read tu hysterical.gif
Fed
brand spankers & the alarms going off all the time

I said the motors were brand new & alarms were going off from the start

Well not quite, anyway did you ever find out why?
Jumpus GooDarus
Just a plick of a motor Fed.

They started corroding after a month or so, prob dirty sensors caused it

I pissed them off not long after that
Fed
You also have to be carefull when mixing Oils, Differant oils will cause seperation and cause ya biiiiggggg issues...

HUH! Say wot??? hysterical.gif
Fed
They started corroding after a month or so, prob dirty sensors caused it

I think outboards and alloy boats have their own special corrosion problems Jumpy, I still cringe everytime I think of the skegs on your 115s.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Fed @ Dec 14 2009, 06:27 PM) *
I think outboards and alloy boats have their own special corrosion problems Jumpy,

Ewe just cant win with me can ewe Fed ?? hysterical.gif

Those crappy envirudes went on the back of a 23 ft Carrabean I used to own not an alloy boat
Bees Knees
Ewe just cant win with me can ewe Fed ??

Those crappy envirudes went on the back of a 23 ft Carrabean I used to own not an alloy boat

Whoops Fed hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
Fed
Well there you go, I'm not trying to win anything though.
Strange how you got corrosion problems, my motor is now 21 years old and showing sfa corrosion.
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Fed @ Dec 14 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Well there you go, I'm not trying to win anything though.
Strange how you got corrosion problems, my motor is now 21 years old and showing sfa corrosion.

Must be Caribbeans then. I have a Suzuki on mine and it was corroded...
Fed
Did a few miles today at WOT and no alarms going off so all is OK.

Yeah Bees it must be the Caribbeans, I had one with a Mercruiser in it and the gear case cracked from corrosion under the lock ring, typical Merc problem though, I've had a few Merc O/Bs that did the same thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.