Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Epirb
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
kkw
Not many on this forum would need an Epirb, but if you do, then they are currently $399 for the GME MT400. I got a new one on Thursday, and have not seen them cheaper anywhere else.
Jumpus GooDarus
Wots an Epirb ??

Is it like a Blood Knot
kkw
It is like a 'why not'.
Jumpus GooDarus
Just a wittle note in regards to eperverts !

I'd ducked into whitworths the other day to pick up some bits & pieces & remembered to order an extra mouting bracket for the epervert I've got on my big goat.

Pointless buying a seperate epervert for the wittle goat as I'll only be riding wun goat @ a time.

Anyways I've had eperverts for yonks & yonks [that's alot of moons ago]

I was also not aware that ewe have to register your epervert & was told I wasn't allowed to use same epervert 4 both boats cause boat details go on the rego

Well that's not my prob I replied law requires an epervert to go out to sea I'm complying with that law as far as I'm concerned.

Whole purpose of the epervert is so as they can zero in on your signal if it ever is activated
kkw
I registered mine online and it allows for a primary and secondary use. So as I interpret it, then yes, you can register it for two boats. I did the boat and the car. Doesn't say you can't do boat and boat, from what I remember.
nimrod
I have my latest epirb registered with 2 boats. I think you are allowed to register a epirb with up to 3 different boats.
kkw
Yes, you're correct Frank. I do recall seeing details for multiple use.
Fed
KK, can you register your epirb with my boat details too please, I have a plan.
kkw
Maybe. Does it involve polishing my deck?
Fed
No mate I won't even polish my own boat. Did you get your windscreen out yet?
kkw
No. It has been too hot and no-one to help. Maybe this week end. Have to organise my 'glass man' as well.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (nimrod @ Dec 17 2009, 07:44 AM) *
I have my latest epirb registered with 2 boats. I think you are allowed to register a epirb with up to 3 different boats.

Yeah well that was my line of thinking as well & I'm a bit short tempered when I hear stupidity & did well not to call the sales person a GOOSE

I sat there & listened took in the bit about having to register the perv

BUT ! wot if ewe dont have on line access to do so ??????

Like I've said allready owned pervs for 2 decades cause I do fish out wide & believe the expense is trivial if wun day ewe need to use it.
kkw
Do you want me to photocopy the form for you? rolleyes.gif smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.