Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sand Blasting
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
philzero44
I've sanded the old paint off a year ago,So I'm ready to paint now that means resanding.

And then I found this sand blasting thing,So I Was wondering has anyone ever used one and how to use one.

It might save me hand sanding.
Bees Knees
That will save you a heap of work mate. Buy a couple of bags of sand and get blasting. When you get low on sand just sweep it up and sift it back into the bucket. You could of done that from the start mate fish.gif instead of all that sanding...
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (philzero44 @ Aug 7 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I've sanded the old paint off a year ago,So I'm ready to paint now that means resanding.

Dont need to resand phill

Only reason ewe sand in the 1st place is to take the shine off the material or old paint so as the new primer can adhere.

Used to be called Alusum ting cant recall the name that product is now relabelled Blitz

ewe can get it @ whitworths about $12 litre bottle, dilute it with water use a piece of scourer & wash bare alloy with it b4 painting [ wize to apply etch primer within 6hrs of using it.

Brilliant stuff cleans all the crap from the alloy, I use a gernie to wash it off

Trick with sand blasting is to keep sand dry if it gets wet it'll block the gun, you'll also need a decent size compressor else it'll take ages.

Like WATTO said ewe can re-use the sand wot I do is stretch a piece of fly scream over a bucket to filter out any crap or large debri

Make sure ewe wear goggles as well cause ewe'll have 2 eyeballs full of sand, those disposable suits with hoods are ideal as well stops the sand from running under your clothing & into your hair not to worry if your a bald badger hysterical.gif

Most important tip of all !

The sand gets in everywhere make sure ewe thoroughly get it out of every nook & cranny b4 spraying else it'll come out into the paint
Fed
What's the new colour scheme Phil?
philzero44
QUOTE (Fed @ Aug 8 2009, 07:24 AM) *
What's the new colour scheme Phil?

Hi Fed,Well that's the hardest part.I've done the inside with aquafleck.

I thought white bottom red sides and white top.But I Like a bluey green sides to be honest I do not know.
Fed
Go something exotic Phil, at first I seriously didn't like Jumpy's spew green but now I'm over the 'shock' I think it looks really good.
I bet that aquafleck could hide a lot of stuff I should get some, does it come in pressure pack cans?
Bees Knees
Is the Aqua fleck water based?
philzero44
QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Aug 9 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Is the Aqua fleck water based?

Yes so it said on the can,But you don't thin it you have to use it straight.But when it come to clean the gun out I used thinners.

poly
how much did you need to do the insides mate

Paul
philzero44
QUOTE (poly @ Aug 9 2009, 04:04 PM) *
how much did you need to do the insides mate

Paul

About 4 liters but the guy at the shop said 1 liter.you can do it two ways you can fully coat it like I did or you can just splater it.

Some thing like this.
Jumpus GooDarus
Geez phil ewe must have caked it on

I only used 1 litre when I did the inside of my wittle 4.8 meter tinny mind ewe I put colour on the goat B4 the Aquafleck

does it come in pressure pack cans?

Nope !

Ewe really need a low pressure putty gun to apply the stuff cause it comes out thick

I seriously didn't like Jumpy's spew green but now I'm over the 'shock' I think it looks really good.

Get ready 4 the next shock hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

There's even going 2B some canary in my wun hysterical.gif

when it come to clean the gun out I used thinners.

Water is that's needed to wash out the gun, thinners can harden the water based product & gunk up
poly
phil this may be what you need, have a look and see if it can work for you

http://www.sharkhide.com/acinfo.html

Paul
philzero44
QUOTE (poly @ Aug 10 2009, 08:06 AM) *
phil this may be what you need, have a look and see if it can work for you

http://www.sharkhide.com/acinfo.html

Paul

Thanks Paul i'll look them up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.