Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poly
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
kkw
After continuous and relentless harrassment by Bees Knees, regarding SteveP and my fishing trips always being cancelled due to weather, we decided to head out in 70kph southerly wind and sheeting rain storms, to a slightly protected location where I have caught many a fine specimen of Luderick.
Water was clear and a little cool, but we braved the elements and rigged up. I stepped out onto the rocks and a wave rushed past, hit a submerged rock and splashed right up my shorts leg. Good start.
Steve didn't have the 'right' gear but he ratted my basket and stole what he needed. After a few minutes, I got a good down but missed the hookup. Re-baited and lost another one. Steve came down to 'MY ROCK' and cast in front of me and hooked up pretty quickly.
When we are out in the boat, he is the one who catches all the numb rays, toads, pike and eels. Today he caught the first Cockie (rock cale). I had a bit of a chuckle and then hooked into .......... a cockie. That was it for the couple of hours we were there.

My spray jacket was blown into the drink, twice, and my crotch got soaked a couple of times, then we got rained on and decided we had had enough fun for the day. Maybe next time. You can come as well Bees. hysterical.gif
Bees Knees
Get ready for the Cliche' of the fishing forums...

'Hey, at least you were out there' ' Better luck next time'

Great report, that fish in the last pic looks in pristine condition. Is that an underwater camera

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
kkw
It is a stock photo off the 'net. Mine looked a little worse for wear when I stepped on its head with my plates.
The son in law asked me, "hey K are you going fishing?" I said, 'no son, you take Alison shopping - like a good husband. hysterical.gif Teach him to call me K and not 'Dad' laugh.gif
Bees Knees
STEVE.P
QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Nov 4 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Get ready for the Cliche' of the fishing forums...

'Hey, at least you were out there' ' Better luck next time'

Great report, that fish in the last pic looks in pristine condition. Is that an underwater camera

Your just jeleous Bees , cos at least we were out there. smile.gif

Well you just killed this thread laugh.gif what will peaple say now Im sick of the same jezzz you look good there steve laugh.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (STEVE.P @ Nov 4 2008, 06:32 PM) *
Well you just killed this thread laugh.gif what will peaple say now Im sick of the same jezzz you look good there steve laugh.gif

Which wun are you again ?????????

Cause the 1st 2 pics look a hell like the 3rd pic laugh.gif laugh.gif
salty fil
Hey K, atleast you were out there, better luck next time!

(Has that been used already?)
Majed
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Nov 4 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Which wun are you again ?????????

Cause the 1st 2 pics look a hell like the 3rd pic laugh.gif laugh.gif

The creature in the 3rd pic is better looking than the one in the 1st pic...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
A pirate
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qjdEohdYcvQ&...feature=related for you to dream about, while wet standing on your rock...hehehe
Christos
I will say that it is a good report.

If you do not want people calling you K then why use the call handle of K.
kkw
You have any kids? Do they call you Christos? Should they call you Dad? I don't care what people call me, so long as it isn't late for dinner. smile.gif
catchnrelease
I want to know what kind of creature could eat that marlin! JG how big do you rekon the beakie (the whole thing) would've gone?
Jumpus GooDarus
JG how big do you rekon the beakie (the whole thing) would've gone?

I cant view You Tube

It's the way I set up my OS cause I omit certain Windows items flash player wont get accepted
philzero44
Hi,Mate I was wondering how old your boat and what year the boat is.I was looking at some polys a few years ago and people said the sun and the boating conditions plus weather would take it's toll so how your boat holding up.Thanks Phil
poly
QUOTE (philzero44 @ Jul 29 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Hi,Mate I was wondering how old your boat and what year the boat is.I was looking at some polys a few years ago and people said the sun and the boating conditions plus weather would take it's toll so how your boat holding up.Thanks Phil

its an 05 phil, and is holding up very well indeed, there has been no fading or any sign of sun damage.
one of the things i was told, by a so called expert, was that the hull would become hard and brittle with in 3to5 years, well there is no sign of it yet. there are lots of polys around much older than mine with many more hours on the clock and are still going strong.
polycraft seem reluctant to up grade there range with only one change in the past 4 years when they up graded the old 4.55 the major change was to the transom which has made it a much safer boat, there has only been one new boat offered in the same time and that is the 4.8, if I were to up grade it would be to the cudy in that size.

Paul

smile1.gif smile1.gif smile1.gif smile1.gif smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.