Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amazing Tackle Transformations
Fishing oz style > Chat > Tackle Talk
storms72
In the middle of a fun little tackle transformation-pic's up soon guys....Anyone else done anything out of the ordinary with fishing tackle/associated gear apart from the obvious catching fish!
salty fil
I bought myself a couple of new storage cases from Bunnings yesterday that will make great tackle storage, so il be getting onto that.
Ive also been meaning to clear out the boat, ive got so much shit in there i dont need.
storms72
I'v been trying to work out a inexpensive way to get music onto my boat without fiddling with marine radio's and speakers which are far from cheap! Had an old tackle box in the shed that hasn't seen light of day for a few years and found some old car speakers and was given a old radio cassette last weekend....Decided to get them all together and construct a tackle music box. I had a car radio antenna sitting around and used it too-all sealed up with some silicon.....Yeah it isn't pretty but it will do the job and the price was right 'John'...........
TomMc
Thats a classic!
Great work jason
Bees Knees
When i read this thread the other day, i was wondering what you were talking about hysterical.gif Ingenious mate super.gif It brought a smile to my face smile1.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (storms72 @ Jun 13 2008, 09:57 PM) *
I'v been trying to work out a inexpensive way to get music onto my boat without fiddling with marine radio's and speakers which are far from cheap! Had an old tackle box in the shed that hasn't seen light of day for a few years and found some old car speakers and was given a old radio cassette last weekend....Decided to get them all together and construct a tackle music box. I had a car radio antenna sitting around and used it too-all sealed up with some silicon.....Yeah it isn't pretty but it will do the job and the price was right 'John'...........

Tell us the price son ???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Out on a boat !

MP3 player !

No comparison you can burn a CD & it will store up to 200 + songs & they're actually quite cheap these days as well
kkw
I don't think there are 200 polka and beer festival songs in the world. How would I fill it up? I could borrow some of your ABBA and Ricky Martin cd's to burn. hysterical.gif
STEVE.P
QUOTE (storms72 @ Jun 13 2008, 10:57 PM) *

A fishermans boom box great stuff
storms72
Jumpy, the price-ahhh just looking at it is worth its weight in gold! tongue.gif

I'v got a MP3-little creative jobby(not a i-poo fan) and have the cassette adapter to hook it up so bring it on....I wonder if I can get the fish biting with the right music biggrin.gif

Bees, you thought there was going to be some pants down puppetry didn't you! hysterical.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Well if you ask kkw nicely I'm sure he'll burn you a copy of Akka Bilk's hits

kk has got the whole collection laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bees Knees
QUOTE (storms72 @ Jun 14 2008, 10:02 PM) *
Bees, you thought there was going to be some pants down puppetry didn't you! hysterical.gif

yep, i thought i was going to need my glasses poke.gif hysterical.gif
Christos
So far no one has responded to hit question.

Anyone else done anything out of the ordinary with fishing tackle/associated gear apart from the obvious catching fish!

Well yes. I used a pair of sissors to cut fishing line, instead of a knife. smile.gif
storms72
I have used sinkers in the past on the end of string lines in place of chain for running cables! Also found hooks are great for getting gold earrings/rings from the shower drain hole!
salty fil
QUOTE (Christos @ Jun 16 2008, 08:45 PM) *
So far no one has responded to hit question.

Anyone else done anything out of the ordinary with fishing tackle/associated gear apart from the obvious catching fish!

Well yes. I used a pair of sissors to cut fishing line, instead of a knife. smile.gif

Ive used 4 small yakka hooks to stitch together my skin after a knife cut on the thigh.
Managed to keep it closed long enough to make it to the doctor to get real stitches.
Taking the hooks out was a pain though!

Also used fishing line as a kid to put across pathways to trip my sisters over around the house, good stuff that fishing line..........
Had to stop after one of my sisters fell and cut her eye lid, dad turned my ass black and blue for it!
Got him back some years later after i stashed a piece of squid in a tight spot in his car so he couldnt find it.
Black and blue ass again...

Also, hooks are good to get splinters out if you have no needle around.
storms72
Geez guys, I think a challenge has been issued....The stitching beats my tackle box stereo hands down......maybe someone can come up with a beach rod beach umbrella hysterical.gif
Christos
QUOTE (salty fil @ Jun 16 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Ive used 4 small yakka hooks to stitch together my skin after a knife cut on the thigh.
Managed to keep it closed long enough to make it to the doctor to get real stitches.
Taking the hooks out was a pain though!

Next time remove the barbs. tongue.gif

QUOTE (salty fil @ Jun 16 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Also, hooks are good to get splinters out if you have no needle around.

Only good if the hooks are sharp. dry.gif Blunt ones are not so easy to use.
Christos
This was years ago when I first goot into fishing.

My friend had to replace a runner on his fishing rod. Back then I was not aware that this could be replaced. So I got to thinking why not. Well while thinking about this I went to the baiit and tackle store and they told me what I needed and what to do. Wow so simple. I also found some written material (Before the internet) about this and armed with this information I went to the friends house to let him know.

Well he replaced the runner using fishing line to hold it in place. rolleyes.gif

Need I say more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.