Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Viva Gear
Fishing oz style > Chat > Tackle Talk
storms72
Hey guys....dropped into tackle shop at Auburn couple of days ago and had a look at some gear, came away with a Viva landing net-bloody top value only $15, compared to the same thing in other brands for almosst twice that price and the handle grip isnt falling off like the other brands I looked at!....Had a look at the new Viva baitrunners-very smooth, the guy there said he had been using the 3500 size for kings to 80cm lately and the drag has performed without fail every time.....Might be an option and would allow me to get a new rod with the reel as opposed to just buying the reel in another brand when I'm ready to update!
Jumpus GooDarus
There's a few here who'll vouch for the drag systems.

I wouldn't have a reel if the drag didn't perform & yet to use one that was jerky

If you're really in the market for a baitrunner/dual drag

Have a look @ this model

http://www.fishing-oz-style.info/forum/ind...?showtopic=1486

It's the sort of reel which should last you a lifetime & pretty sure it's in shops now @ a silly 1/2 price of $99

but that price only applies to certain stores
Spudly
Il second it jumpy, Im Very happy with the Viva / Browning gear ive been using, Including a ballet 3500, Ballet 4000, Nerues NS10 and the Baitrunner TB's in 30 and 50 sizes...

Would Love to get a new little metalium Spin reel in 2500 size though.. When will these be around Jumpy?
Jumpus GooDarus
Container arrived last week but they weren't in that container
have been told they'll be in the next one due in 4 weeks.

There's quite a few peeps eying my reels off & want to get their hands on some laugh.gif laugh.gif

I did a sneaky sneaky the other day & went through all their larger threadlines in a bid to find one that I could SP a larger YFT on but found none that I thought could handle line capacity or the flogging the reel would cop.

They do have 1 or 2 but not avail in Oz which is a shame
storms72
Unlike others I'm more than open to give new products from those offering less promotion/marketing and big brand name a seroius bashing a go!!!! As I said the reel felt really good and the guy in the store-do you possibly know him GJ??????said it easily delt with larger than normal kings-geez I love my larger hysterical.gif !!!! JG I'd really like to at some time in the future have a hands on with these reels-speedo's are optional. mind you if its cold and raining I'm open to anything happy2.gif Would be more than happy to get into a bream or a flatty or two to see how they are like first hand!!!!!
storms72
Just another Q, am looking for a medium weight stick-something round the 5-10kg weight to mainly deal with light trolling and snapper fishing....What would you recommend???????? I'v more than enough in the light-2-5kg range and a couple of 10-15kg range but missing the mid range. Open to all advice guys!!! biggrin.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
As I said the reel felt really good and the guy in the store-do you possibly know him GJ??????

Depends which shop & who you spoke to ???

If you went to Fish R Us then Micheal is the owner but he's got 3 other stores, allready had a word with him ages ago in regards to looking after the guys here price wise.

Just another Q, am looking for a medium weight stick-something round the 5-10kg weight to mainly deal with light trolling and snapper fishing....What would you recommend????????

I have quite a few here just haven't put them up in the Auction Forum cause interest tapered off.

Prob start again in a couple of weeks, see if we cant get a bit of interest up again so as we can hand over a 1/2 decent cheque to a Charity.
storms72
Shop was on Parramatta road in Auburn, not sure of the fellas name but he was in there with his dad-pretty sure they were Lebanese!

Look forward to auctions later on then JG, I'm in no rush ATM so we'll just wait and see! smile.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Yep that's Micheal

If he's there mention this site & you'll get a discount
storms72
Thanks for thatJG.....I drive by there every week so will keep it in mind!
storms72
Well finally used the net and it works, can recommend one to anyone needing a new one!

I now have 2 viva items in posession, the other is a 9ft treasure graphite rod I have used for spinning off the rocks-it has dealt with a few stripeys, salmon and taylor and so far so good guys!
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (storms72 @ Jun 21 2008, 06:57 PM) *
the other is a 9ft treasure graphite rod I have used for spinning off the rocks-

Bloody 2 piece rods laugh.gif laugh.gif
Christos
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jun 21 2008, 08:15 PM) *
Bloody 2 piece rods

What's wrong with the two piece rods. I have a two piece rod that I use from the rocks. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.