Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shoalhaven River
Fishing oz style > Chat > Fresh Water Chat
Spudly
Was questioning a few weeks ago about what fish would be buzzing around chasing smaller school's in waist deep water in the shoalhaven. The main reply you guys gave me was Mac Perch, and since then all the bridges and causeways have had signs puy up saying that mac perch in the area are protected and not to be caught taken or eaten.

Just thought id let you know..

Also, to add, the creek next to my dads place (jerricknorra and the Corang River) have fish also, goldfish (the coloured carp) and supposably some trout have been stocked? Was watching fish jump at duck the other night but could not seee what they were as light was to dim, so tried a few lures and baits with no success, was thinking might stock some trout or somthing myself and see what happens?
hustler57
you down from that way are you rum ?

we used to have a holiday house down at a little place called Fishermans Paradise, i spent my holidays exploring the south coast with my grandfather and we went by boat from batemans bay up to shallow crossing by boat 1 day , well we got to within say 200 metres but it was a great day , i have often wanted to go down and have a beer at the nerrigar pub again love it down there
Jumpus GooDarus
You're better off stocking with Bass Chadd either way you dont want to eat those freshwater fush they taste like CRAP
Spudly
yep yep, im from nerriga way, nerriga was my local for many years!!! probably seen ya there!!!

let us know when ya down. might catch ya there, all my family still live and work in the area,

bass hey.... Ya recon they would hang about or all dissapear up river?
Jumpus GooDarus
They'll go where the food is no different to any other fish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.