Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Fishing Diary
Fishing oz style > Chat > Lets Talk Fishing
Arnie Dog
Just a thought do any of you keep a fishing diary when you have caught good fish or big numbers know what I mean.

Months,Tides, Moon Phases and Time of day etc. Could even add types of baits or lures.

Now if you don't, it is never to late to start one, you will be surprised @ how repetitive fish can be especially those

BIG SILVER ONES fish.gif fish.gif Anyway it's just a thought

Dog05.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Actually that's a velly good idea Arnie

Just have to figure out a way of turning it into a forum with each species listed

Now if we can keep crap out of those threads with only genuin captures entered think in time it will become a velly popular forum
Spudly
Yep, I agree...

Just the details...

Time on water, Moon Phase, Tide, Fish Caught, Bait/Lures
kkw
I have a diary over about 10 yrs in and out of Pt Hacking. Now if only I can find it. Put it with my map of secret spots and stored it in a safe place. I think it is with my wet weather gear and 7" Alvey and other things which are stored in a safe place.
Arnie Dog
Jump every time I thought I had a theory :offtopic: the fish would shoot me down in flames and prove me wrong at some stage or so I thought. Especially those BIG fin in the LBG days.

BUT there's hope and more. When I decided to keep the diary going and not spit the dummy and want to fight the world and cuss everybody else as I used to when things didn't work out I decided to perservere. While all the big ones didn't stick to what I had worked out, the majority did. VERY INTERSTING. and so some big ones fell to the 50W and Sabre

The Big Silver ones are no exception. While i can't fish for awhile cry_smile.gif cry_smile.gif the lads down here have caught the silver ones in my time frame Surprise ^_^ Surprise.

The estuary is a must I reckon to have your pencil and note pad at the ready

So don't get disheartened just keep it going guys and you will see a trend develop with a species.

That's another point, pick one species and master it before you move onto another. Heard the old saying "Jack of all trades Master of NONE" You can be a MASTER of them all

Again JUST A THOUGHT from an old codger Dog05.gif
Spudly
You could save me some time and post me a copy of your diary Arnie..
poly
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 24 2008, 03:12 PM) *
Actually that's a velly good idea Arnie

Just have to figure out a way of turning it into a forum with each species listed

Now if we can keep crap out of those threads with only genuin captures entered think in time it will become a velly popular forum

yep not a bad idea at all, the only thing i will add to this is it must be in one of the members only forums smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Christos
A agree with that.

Member only forum.
Christos
I must also add that I do not keep a diary but do keep track of the time of year as to when the Trevally would most likely be around.
Arnie Dog
QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Apr 24 2008, 04:17 PM) *
You could save me some time and post me a copy of your diary Arnie..

NOW NOW Rumpy Man that would be cheating. Also no PORKY PIES the only people deceived are those telling the PORKIES Like most fishos I keep alot of stuff close to my chest but it can be up to the individuals if they want to share but it does pay dividens
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Arnie Dog @ Apr 24 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Jump every time I thought I had a theory :offtopic: the fish would shoot me down in flames and prove me wrong at some stage or so I thought. Especially those BIG fin in the LBG days.

Again JUST A THOUGHT from an old codger Dog05.gif

Mate fin are very hard to predict out of a boat let alone the stones no different to the Marlins

A few years back we were braining them on the Banks anything up to 8 hookups a day everyday for a week or so, in the end got tired of catching them & started fishing for reds instead.

Last couple of trips on the Banks didn't see a reel turn but the boys fishing LBG were doing very well on the marlin.

All boils down to baitfish !

There were no stripy's etc on the Banks but miles of big slimy's in close
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Arnie Dog @ Apr 24 2008, 06:46 PM) *
NOW NOW Rumpy Man that would be cheating. Also no PORKY PIES the only people deceived are those telling the PORKIES Like most fishos I keep alot of stuff close to my chest but it can be up to the individuals if they want to share but it does pay dividens

Arnie, just PM me what you have and i'll send you back what i have,, But you first!! rolleyes.gif
Arnie Dog
Nice try Bees we might just have to have a few drinks drunk.gif and discuss our dribbles can't let out tooooo many secrets hysterical.gif
Christos
I like that show me yours and I will show you mine.
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Arnie Dog @ Apr 25 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Nice try Bees we might just have to have a few drinks drunk.gif and discuss our dribbles can't let out tooooo many secrets hysterical.gif

cheers.gif beer.gif Yes mate, nothing like a little truth syrum..
Arnie Dog
Poly just rang me a while back and surprise surprise our little Polymiester has a diary too. He has the same excuse as KK though he told me he can't remember where he put it. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I think you might be the dark horse Pol and give us all a run for our money fishing.gif
poly
who me tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.