Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-spooling
Fishing oz style > Chat > Tackle Talk
Bees Knees
Sufix mono... what are everone's thoughts.

I like the price. Some input would be nice biggrin.gif
Sir Reel
QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Mar 22 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Sufix mono... what are everone's thoughts.

I like the price. Some input would be nice biggrin.gif

I use Sufix, it is stong and better of some of those named brands and cheaper too
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Sir Reel @ Mar 22 2008, 09:11 PM) *
I use Sufix, it is stong and better of some of those named brands and cheaper too

Thanks Sir Reel. And being a poly owner, i value your opinion hysterical.gif hysterical.gif :LolBlueFlame:
Spudly
QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Mar 22 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Thanks Sir Reel. And being a poly owner, i value your opinion hysterical.gif hysterical.gif :LolBlueFlame:

This place is fallin to peices..... im going to bed before phil and poly get here and all hell breaks loose!!

Ive never used suffix so no opinion.. all my spools are diff brands only cause i grab what i see when im in the shop!
Christos
QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Mar 22 2008, 09:17 PM) *
Ive never used suffix so no opinion.. all my spools are diff brands only cause i grab what i see when im in the shop!

Oh Rum you have left your self so wide open I am lost for words to come up with a reply.

Ok. Just one. Don't let the easter bunny bite.
Nitehawk
Sufix line has a thin line diameter, which is good for surface fishing and other big game fishing.. But I always use Ande line or Berkely Big Game line. They are very reliable and I never lost a big fish with these line before..

Try out the Sufix line and tell us how it goes!

Have fun
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Nitehawk @ Mar 23 2008, 04:10 AM) *
Sufix line has a thin line diameter, which is good for surface fishing and other big game fishing.. But I always use Ande line or Berkely Big Game line. They are very reliable and I never lost a big fish with these line before..

Try out the Sufix line and tell us how it goes!

Have fun

I'm giving it a whirl today. tongue.gif
Mully
never been happy with knot strength in suffix line all my big fish in a comp were lost due to breakage at the knots and before anyone says tie better knots ive been fishing for quite some years with lures and other new products and can assure you every possable knot stlye was used to no avail, the only decent knot was the bimini but I could not be bothered tieing this every time i needed to upgrade or change {a real waste of time} plus who ties a bimini direct to a hook unweighted ,what a joke.[ I was very very annoyed to say the least cost me a comp.] im talking 10lb line by the way dont use heavy stuff my drags do the work for me....
New rule is never try a product that you have never tested even if others say its great test your own out and it may save the blood pressure rising laugh.gif
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Mully @ Mar 28 2008, 02:27 PM) *
never been happy with knot strength in suffix line all my big fish in a comp were lost due to breakage at the knots and before anyone says tie better knots ive been fishing for quite some years with lures and other new products and can assure you every possable knot stlye was used to no avail, the only decent knot was the bimini but I could not be bothered tieing this every time i needed to upgrade or change {a real waste of time} plus who ties a bimini direct to a hook unweighted ,what a joke.[ I was very very annoyed to say the least cost me a comp.] im talking 10lb line by the way dont use heavy stuff my drags do the work for me....
New rule is never try a product that you have never tested even if others say its great test your own out and it may save the blood pressure rising laugh.gif

Yeh, point taken Mully,
I did buy the 13kg for my heaviest outfit.. cost $20, not expensive. I'll keep my eye on it. was using for bottom bashing on tuesday but nothin substantial fish wise to test your theory,.

Thanks mate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.