Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Few New Bait Sticks
Fishing oz style > Chat > Rod Building
Jumpus GooDarus
3 down & just the guides to go on the last rod.

Decided to re-do a couple of the 3 kg sticks the non corked onesare new

poly
j,g any chance of a photo of the way u have the bench and lave set up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Nothing special poly

Living in a unit I dont have a garage to sprawl everything about in so I just clap rollers & turning motor onto my computer desk & bind there.

But I apply the resin in another room different motor alltogether it does about 1 1/2 rpm you need a slow rpm when applying resin, you can stuff up everything with a bad resin job.

Spudly
thanks jumpy, ill be there to pick them up next week... ;)

HAHAH
kkw
I can see all the essential tools on the desk. Smokes, lighter and V laugh.gif
poly
thanks mate, are they sowing machine motors as it dose not look like the flash laves u see in the tackle shops

if they are what type of chuck do u use to hold the rod ???? dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
kkw
Oh and jellies
Jumpus GooDarus
I can see all the essential tools on the desk. Smokes, lighter and V

It's called a SURVIVAL KIT laugh.gif laugh.gif

thanks jumpy, ill be there to pick them up next week

No you're not SEND GRAN laugh.gif laugh.gif

poly I paid $20 for the sewing machine motor & thats with the foot pedal, rollers are about $20 each couldn't be bothered making my own for that price.

BUT if you wanted to buy my drying motor then that was around $160 trade price
poly
BUT if you wanted to buy my drying motor then that was around $160 trade price

shit

j.g. is there any chance u could talk us through a rod build from bench set up to completed rod it would make some good reading i think
jasonb
poly i got one much the same but i used the new style scooter ,skatebaord wheels ,ya can get them wheels cheap as chips about $3.00 a pair and they work great
poly
QUOTE (jasonb @ Mar 2 2008, 06:08 PM) *
poly i got one much the same but i used the new style scooter ,skatebaord wheels ,ya can get them wheels cheap as chips about $3.00 a pair and they work great

thats great Jas, but what sort of chuck do u blokes use to hold the rod. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
I dont use chucks.

Prob be a bit heavy for the sewing machine motor when you get to doing rods with near 1" butts.

Instead I drill a hole in various sized rubber chair feet with a heavy base of rubber.

Then I just pull them on/off to suit the rod diameter.
poly
o.k. that makes sense
jasonb
mate ive got a tapered peice of solid rod that is held in an ol 10mm drill chuck ,then the tapered peice just slides up into the rod but ,sometimes i have too tape the rod to the but so it will spin but not much
quintrex101
nice rods jg but i do not see any 10 kg live bait sticks there that you on about laugh.giflaugh.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Haven't finished that one yet.

These are the new blanks RAP 2's so thought I'd try them out.

Super light dont know you're even holding them
Christos
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 2 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Living in a unit I dont have a garage to sprawl everything about in so I just clap rollers & turning motor onto my computer desk & bind there.

Oh my word. I tend to use all the space in the garage and back veranda and second bedroom and lounge and first bedroom and hall and laundry. Yeah that's it.

Not all for fishing gear some for woodworking gear and other hobbies. tongue.gif
jasonb
thats what sheds are for christos lolololol
Christos
QUOTE (jasonb @ Mar 2 2008, 09:24 PM) *
thats what sheds are for christos

I do not have a shed. biggrin.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (jasonb @ Mar 2 2008, 09:24 PM) *
thats what sheds are for christos lolololol

Smart arse we dont have Humungus Barns to throw our toys in laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seen any Barn Owls of late ???
Christos
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 2 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Smart arse we dont have Humungus Barns to throw our toys in laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seen any Barn Owls of late ???

That is another question that begs. Where the hell do you put your two boats and where do you wash and clean them?
jasonb
see ya dont need all the money in the world to be comfortable ,,,aaaaaaaahhhhhhh the country ,,no better place ,,,,,if ya only seen all the shit in there hahaahaa,,the boats are outside ,,,,and i have plenty water here ask jumpy hahaha
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (Christos @ Mar 2 2008, 09:36 PM) *
That is another question that begs. Where the hell do you put your two boats and where do you wash and clean them?

Parents House cause jason lives to fart away laugh.gif laugh.gif

AND LET ME TELL YOU HE CAN LET FLY SOME RIP SNORTTERS hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
jasonb
rip snorters like what hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.