If you wish to Help Oz man Pay for the site
> Resting My Weary Bones
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Allright all you trend setters & nose pickers I went out for a fush today Nya Nya Nya tongue.gif

Had gotten reports of some big Reds & had to go check out a couple of my outside spots to see if this was true.

Well let me tell you's ! The Bastards Lied To Me just to get me to take them out on the boat laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
SUMOFISHIN
post May 2 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #2

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

WELL, didn't you get anything.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Ha Ha Ha ! Tricked ewe's there's more :o

Top day weather wise headed out around lunchtime after waiting around for that Jimbookie chappy to roll up told him to bring light outfits & wqhat does he do ?

Bloody rolls up with broom handles & rope on his reels laugh.gif

With the moon the way it is thought the Hewgong might come on around dusk so snuck into Little Bay to get some livies en route to Coogee.

Pleasant surprise when the burly started working we had garfish in the burly trail as well as yakka's so filled the bait tank & we were off on our merry way.

Quick sound of reef didn't show a great deal of activity but knew fush would cime around once the burley cubes started working their magic, only one prob when the anchor picked & we started to fish very rare @ this spot but the current was running Sth to Nth with a slight NE wind blowing, in other words we were fishing up the anchor rope.

Not Good, not even Don, When is Good Is Don !

Anyways thinkl I got the 1st run & dropped the fish pretty sure it was a snappa's & if yu dont believe me ? just ask & I'll tell you laugh.gif

Shortly after I got an undersized KUNG FU FUSH a bit of fun on the 3kg outfit, then the BloodyBumShitBugger got a nice salmon around the 3kg mark plenty of acrobatics on the light rod, I didn't have my Megapoodle camera with me else would've snapped some good leaping pics I'm getting the hang of the camera now.

Well Jimbookie thought he'd put a live garfish down think he missed the 1st hit but the next livey produced a KUNGY 61 cm's nothing to brag about considering he caught it on a broom handle & rope laugh.gif

Wind picked up a little more & it was very difficult to fish backwards so decided to pull pick & go fish the bay instead.

Anchored up & waited @ least an hr for the tise to start running pretty dead in the meantime except for Jimbookie putting out another garfish on his broom handle & it went off, gave him some curry as well.

The rope he was using was 50 lb braid & he still managed to lose the fish after about 15 minutes when it went for a last dive, we didn't get to see it but definately a good KING FU FUSH was even going to get the BUM GAFF out for Jimbookie stop him from getting pulled over the side his face was red trying to turn the fish & I just laughed @ him laugh.gif laugh.gif

Current finally started running & yours truly started getting in amoungst the reds unfortunately all were identical in size exactly 28 cm's & not legal had to come back in cause BloodyBumShitBugger had to take the Cookie Monster to water polo training.

Thats the wasy it was today Wednesday the 2nd day B4 Thursday the 3rd Jumpus Hendersen channel 9 news

--------------------

+Quote Post
fish
post May 2 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #4

*Fingers*

Group:

Member No.: 10

Hello Master & crew

Good one, great story, pix and OK fish laugh.gif looks like a fun day

Regards

Fish

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post May 2 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #5

*The Manilla Gorilla*

That sounds a bit more like it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Yeah let me tell you I feel 100% better now, last night I couldn't move I was so sore.

Amazing what a days rest can do to ones weary bones.

Nothing special about the day out & not everything fell into place, would've liked to have fished for the Jew but them's the breaks would've been a top night for it but could see alot of probs fishing back up the anchor rope.

See what happens in the next few days

--------------------

+Quote Post
possum
post May 2 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #7

Tiddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 28

wish we were there,sounds like fun B)

+Quote Post
poly
post May 2 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #8

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

when the gods are with u its gr8 but when they turn there back it can make it very hard but i think possum summed it up wish we were there

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #9

His Eminance

Thats why I've been working my butt off want to finish that little project so as I can start looking for a place down the coast.

A nice place on the water where I can launch out of my back yard.

Really do think one of the reasons we always seem to catch something & still enjoy fishing is because we target a wide range of fish & unless spending the day trolling for gamefish DONT get up B4 the sparrow's start farting rarely do I ever go out B4 lunch pick the tides & fish them.

I will start targeting the Big Bream which start making an appearance this time of year, love fishing for them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post May 2 2007, 03:41 AM
Post #10

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Nice report Jumpus,
yeah i've always read the fish'n outside's no good when the curent runs up instead of down,but tend to think it'd hav to fire at least some times with the current go'n this way.

What's ya thoughts,does the current have to go down and if so,any ideas why???

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #11

His Eminance

You'll still get fish !

I've actually had some good outings where the current has been runing Sth - Nth including on the Peak fishing for Yellow Fin Tuna you just have to anchor up a different way to fish the drop off's.

Prob we had 2day was that we were fishing back into the anchor rope even if I positioned the boat so as the transom was facing Nth we'd still be fishing back into the rope & any good size fish would've found the rope esp since we were fishing floater's with a bit of lead.

Ideally either no breeze or very lttle from the Sth & we would've stayed after all we were getting fish

--------------------

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post May 2 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #12

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

hey smelly
when the current runs sth-nth we alwas get the noreasters blowing , so the ars of the boat is facing south and the current is tacking the lines north, hence your fishing back up ancor rope.NO good .
and the boat swings back and forward , one min lines are out to one side then running up the front of the boat
regards steve

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Majed
post May 2 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #13

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Good report Jumpus. Its fun all the time fishing whether we catch or not.

I have never been outside the heads in my life. With my 15 footer i am not so brave anymore to venture out even though the guy i bought the boat of used to go out. I will just stick to the bays and estuaries unless i venture out with some really experienced person.

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 2 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #14

His Eminance

Venturing outside is more about common sense than anything else in my books.

Pretty sure just about every expirienced boater has done stupid things when 1st starting out I know I did all because I was to keen to catch some fish laugh.gif

I have a little 15 ft boat as well & there's days which are no probs for it to venture outside but I never do it's more fore estuary fishing one off the reasons I got it was because my bigger boat couldn't get into area's that I wanted to fish.

Know your limits when you're boating & you'llbe fine, what gets up my nose these days is all these people who own GPS's & venture out to place's they should never be @ only because they've got the marks for the spots.

Geez I've seen little 14 ft tinny's out @ Browns Mt & shake my head in dis believe thinking what a bunch of fools even worse is when I used to see more fools on another site like this rave on & tell others of their exploits in small boats & boast how far they travel to fishing spots.

Yep smaller boats can travil those distances but it's the way peeps boast that gets up my nose they make it sound like it can be done every trip.

Never been for a ride in your hull type but say the 15 ft V-Sea like Feds are a good little hull for venturing outside with not all boats handle the same in relation to size & you just have to use your noggin to determine whats safe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post May 2 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #15

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

The 15 ft V-Sea like Feds are a good little hull for venturing outside

17 ft Viking tongue.gif

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post May 2 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #16

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Never mind ED, we know what he means.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post May 2 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #17

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Thanx for the info fella's,thought you'd still catch fish,so the prob is the usual...WIND :(

Majed if ya eva want anyone to tag along,let me know,am no expert but have a wide enough yellow streak down me back to keep us safe.

Your boat is good,if not gr8 outside for what it is,do'nt over estimate it yeah,but you should'nt under estimate it either smile.gif

Get it out there,start by poking around but get it out there,you'll love it if ya do'nt burley(get sick)!

Just make sure you have ALL the right safety gear first smile.gif

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Majed
post May 3 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #18

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Thanks Smelly, will take you up on that on a nice calm day. Don't like the rough seas, might get sea sick.

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 3 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

What are you on about Majed ?????????????

That when you catch all the fish !

Haven't you heard the old saying No Sea to Rough No Muff to Tuff ? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Those who know me shake their heads @ the boat ramp, they're all coming in & I'm just heading out laugh.gif

Then they keep asking how come I catch more than they do laugh.gif

I tell them it's because they're idiots & spent all morning burlying up the fish for me to catch

--------------------

+Quote Post
fish
post May 3 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #20

*Fingers*

Group:

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ May 4 2007, 12:48 AM) *
What are you on about Majed ?????????????

That when you catch all the fish !

Haven't you heard the old saying No Sea to Rough No Muff to Tuff ? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Those who know me shake their heads @ the boat ramp, they're all coming in & I'm just heading out laugh.gif

Then they keep asking how come I catch more than they do laugh.gif

I tell them it's because they're idiots & spent all morning burlying up the fish for me to catch

Makes me want to burly laugh.gif . . . berly,burley,burley (how do u spell it) seen it 3 dif ways in one story :huh:

Fish.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:38 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates