> Burma Goowee
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 4 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Plics twisted my arm last week to do a twip down to Burma GooWee
Never fished there B4 & weather predictions looked very favourable for the weekend according to the weather forcasts & all i can say is what a bunch of liars mad.gif

Got there Fliday arvo & it was magic weather, settled into motel & went on walkabout catching up with mates who live there & hadn't seen for years.

Visited ramp/cleaning tables ran into peeps i knew from here, fish had turned it on all week, later that night had dinner @ pub with skippo the bush kangaroota & his crew they'd brained the SBT est 40 fish that arvo watched a bit of video taken looked awesome & i had a stiffy.

My crew didn't rock up down there till after midnight knew i should've locked the door cause plics woke me up, up early 5 am on the water still dark took it easy out cause i had no idea where anything was just followed markers & gps then it got light & it was hammer time.

30 knots all the way out was a good 35 mile run out to some marks i was given stopped 6 miles short & put lures out after marking fish on sounder took 1/2 hr & we had a triple hookup.

Ended up with a 3 : 3 :2 third fish spitting hook @ boat

Have to admit i wasn't impressed @ all with the fight capabilities of the SBT's very poor compared to similar size YFT so opted to put away the 24 kg sticks & out with the 15kg & 10kg outfits.

Out they go 20 minutes later triple hookup wunce again one fish cut across other line & we lost that lures then the plic fish that did the cutting spat it's hook so DomiDiDomDom was the only one still attached again not much of a fight on 15kg stick.

Opted to cube after that to no avail so out with the lures again kept marking fish on sounder but plics didn't want to play & the few who were on the radio were all complaining lack of fish seemed like all the action was b4 11 am.

Wind had started blowing by then we pulled lures for a few more hrs to no avail had a long trip home with sea's picking up & wind blowing it's arse off

Wasn't what they predited & not looking goodarus for sundy

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jul 4 2011, 01:23 AM
Post #2

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

"" Have to admit i wasn't impressed @ all with the fight capabilities of the SBT's very poor compared to similar size YFT ""

Have to give them their dues Jumpy, they don't go bad,,,, you are comparing them to the greatest fighting fish in the ocean, which no fish will fair better, encluding Marlin, but can't speak for the Blue as I have never landed one of them.
SBT go really hard in shallower water, under 100 thathems they seem to find another gear,, the deeper you get them in for some reason the softer they are,,,,
Sorry I couldn't meet up with you, I was supposed to go down on Sunday, but Saturday my drains blocked up and I spent all day Sunday digging holes and pushing hired snakes down a sewer pipe, managed to clear the blockage and better then calling in a Plumber.
Looked at the conditions and figured it not worth driving all that way to be faced with rough seas and high winds.
Talking about winds,,, we are in for a hammering tomorrow, so it's a lay day for all fishos in the Sydney region tomorrow...
Christ use to be the week-end that were blobby window when I worked, and now I'm retired the week days are the windy ones,,, far too busy for me to get out on the week ends, unless going away camping.
Good to see you got a chance to have a fish in MY stomping grounds.
What's your honest opinion of the area,,, I know you didn't see it in all it's splender, but what's your first impressions,, and would you like to go back again some time,, You could stay with me and my mate and have lots of fun, ribbing each other.

This post has been edited by nimrod: Jul 4 2011, 01:24 AM

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 4 2011, 01:53 AM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Looks like a good days fishing to me! Id be wrapped to haul one of them in....

When are we going, My Tiagra is still a tuna Virgin!!

+Quote Post
bafoo
post Jul 4 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Jewfish

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,601

Great report mate,

Looks like you guys tackled some serious fish.

Im suprised one of those fish never pulled that frame of yours into the drink lol. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 4 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #5

His Eminance

What's your honest opinion of the area,,, I know you didn't see it in all it's splender, but what's your first impressions,, and would you like to go back again some time,, You could stay with me and my mate and have lots of fun, ribbing each other.

Except for the weather had a ball down there frank took the piss out of the Mehicano's fliday night had the guys i'd hooked up with cracking up all night i was on fire with the jokes laugh.gif laugh.gif

Scotty got me lost with his directions looking up a old mate from up here he's just out of town on 4 acres building a mansion didn't stay long fliday arvo flew that quick it wasn't funny.

Supposed to go see see Crusty for info & marks but didn't have time or the need talking to guys @ the ramp fish were easy to find

Geez some big trailer boats get down there pick the Mehicano ones pretty easy laugh.gif didn't like alot of them @ all dont know how they can rave about them dont think those mehicans know what a good sea going boat is esp those hidious bar crushers would've liked to given one of those a run on sunday in the worser conditions but think we were the only trailer boat that ventured out wide on sunday only trailer @ the ramp when we got back.

Overall a goodarus trip except for drive home blowout just after gerringong damaged rim & wasn't going to waste time looking for one 4gotten to pack spare b4 i left so unhooked boat threw gear in car drove back to sydney got spares drove back down did wheel change & finished tow home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
storms72
post Jul 4 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #6

Shark

Member No.: 393

You went, you caught, good stuff. biggrin.gif

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jul 4 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #7

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

how could you possibly blow a tyre, at the speeds YOU travel?? hysterical.gif

The pubs at Bermi and Narooma are great.. The fishing isnt bad either... poke.gif

Glad you got the boat bloody pal.... super.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 5 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #8

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

got to love the south coast fishing, top report mate, and dam good fish

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 5 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #9

His Eminance

QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Jul 5 2011, 12:02 PM) *
how could you possibly blow a tyre, at the speeds YOU travel?? hysterical.gif

Go Fluk yourself laugh.gif laugh.gif

Under 5 hrs to get down there, 9 hrs to get home laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:23 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates