> 21st May
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 21 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Snuck out for a fushy Wushy yesterday
Had YFT or Alby's in mind pretty flat sea's opted to get some livies 1st & ewes wouldn't believe it every time i go there livies are everywhere except the day you want them mado's & blurters were taking the jigs so opted not to waste any more time & headed out.

Bit of radio chat had a marlins or 2 hooked but most of chat was dingalings using 21 to convey their bottom bouncing exploits on browns.
These guys should get their own channel dry.gif cause if you're not following who they are easy to get the illusion they're hooked up to a quality fish instead of a bloody gemfish hauled up on rope.

Hammers down didn't take long to shoot out to Browns twas like a mini pitt street out there, still a bit early to start a cube trail was only around 1pm so opted to run lures & to troll Sth to marks that i fished a few years back out in 500 fathoms, a few boats said they were out @ heatons hill & figured my marks down sth weren't that far off the depth fish were being called in out east & it would be a much shorter run home from sth when it was time to head in.

Saw nothing on the troll down until a mile or 2 from my marks a boat started appearing as we got closer looked @ GPS & commented he's on my marks in fact only 200 odd meters from them boat was a longliner saw all his buoys in the water.

So moved 1/2 mile nth of him & started drift & liked what i saw on the sounder a 40 meter deep thercline under the boat, took about 1 hr or so when something caught my eye, said nutting till i saw it again 1/2 mile nth of us there was a spray on the water no wind made it easy to see spray was sauri's leaving the water to escape predators.

3rd time they came up i liked what i saw YFT busting up the sauri's this went on for ages & they were getting closer 1/2 hr later they were behind the boat prob a 100 or so meter out past where the baits were, it was a weird drift we were going SSE but our lines were going west.

Fish were out of our range but held off pulling in baits & swapping to lures which may have been a mistake when i finally called baits in fish were 400 odd meters sth by the time we got there with the lures they'd finished feeding.

Trolled around for awhile then opted to head back to my old faithfull spot back on the canyons for a last ditch cube effort like fishishing this spot into the night, i didn't fish started getting pains in stomach & went for a lie down glad ConTheFruiterer checked on me cause i was in pain & stayed under cab for the trip back

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nimrod
post May 22 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Sounds like another adventurous day out on the wild blue yonger. Long time since I seen Sauries being harrassed by Fin, wow sure brings back some good memorys.
No good getting crook out there and precisely why I won't go fishing by myself these days.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 22 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Yeah i haven't seen sauri's about like this for years
Boat did spook other schools when we were pulling lures as well
Hoping it's going 2b a good year on the fin

No good getting crook out there and precisely why I won't go fishing by myself these days

Wouldn't been out there frank if that was the case, pains were very mild @ the start & if i was fishing solo i would've headed back in

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 09:59 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates