Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fushing The Banks
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 11 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Since ewe lot are a bunch of A holes never go fushing [not ewe kk I really enjoy daily Vegemite reports laugh.gif ]

Did a trip down to Greenwell Pt last week fushed 4 days & so not to confuse all your wittle brains I'll do it in sections day @ a time

Left home last munday bright & early around 7 am took the big goat, we arrived @ GP just after 10 am stopping for fuel & wee wee's along the way.

All settled in the cabin by lunch time didn't really know wot to go fush for but it was a magic day without a breathe of wind, launched & snuck out the front to the bait grounds saw acres of yakka's ruffling the surface they were everywhere.

A couple of yung fulla's in a tinny tossing lures into the schools chasing salmon which were under them

I started tossing in sum burley in a bid to raise sum slimmy's but yakka's were just to thick with 20 or so in the tank opted to flick jigs out for squiddy's 1st 2 casts produced couple of drifts later w had 7 or so squids also in the tank.

Started the motors & ran the 7 odd miles sth to Beecroft Scotty2Hotty's down we quickly ran out of squids rat kungs to 70 cm's & salmon ended our supplies & the yakka's weren't attracting the same interest.

Pulled everything in & MC Hammered into JB where we'd found slimmy's last trip & wot a surprise the squids unlike last trip were also there
With a doz squids & 20 odd slimmy's in the tank twas MC Hammer time again.

Pulled up parrallel to Drum & Drumsticks this time only wun Scotty2Hotty went down & opted to walk a slimmy up on the surface on anutter rod.

20 minutes later slimmy starts dancing ratchet starts sounding yep we had a Stickhead @ the back of the boat up came Scotty meantime rod with slimmy went quiet gave it another minute or so & wound in a empty hook

mad.gif F***** mad.gif I used braid as bridle thread & it just cut through slimmy's head when marlins grabbed it loop was still in tact I was spewing.

Used rubber band to bridle next wun up out it went & down went Scotty more kungs & salmon on Scotty & yep ewes guessed it Sammy the Plik grabbed the slimmy.

Motored a mile nth to Currarong bommy after that caught many a marlins there over the years, slimmy goes off within 5 minutes but felt no weight bloody salmon had choked on the slimmy & it died, serves it right Ett'n my bait

Called it a day shortly after cause the PLIK had found us wunce again

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 11 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #2

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

Off to a flying start Jumpy, was that the first time you've had the big boat down there?
The water looks fantastic, gotta say I'm a little bit jealous.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 12 2011, 01:04 AM
Post #3

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

What do you mean never go fishing? laugh.gif I just haven't really caught anything worth a report in itself.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 12 2011, 03:58 AM
Post #4

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

Looking forward to the rest of the reports mate.

It's annoying when you lose a good fish to a mistake, you fix the problem but have no luck for the rest of the day ...

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 15 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #5

His Eminance

Able to move just my posts here have copy of ewe lot's reply's but cant post them without opening your accounts

So not much in this thread is in sinc

Day 2

A nutter great day on the water weather wise like a lake going through the so called bar down there yakka's were still ruffling the surface out front but didn't bother stoping.

With conditions so GooDarus thought hitting out wide would be the go today MC'd straight out to the banks didn't take long @ all but was surprised to see so many boats out there.

Out went the lure spread & a pair of cord lines with stripy lures, stripy's had been non existant on the Banks in my previous trips down there & every time we had gotten wun it twas converted to a marlins.

Spent a couple of hrs trolling the banks without so much as a looky so decided to head out east, had 4gotten to look up gps marks for the Fads b4 leaving but managed to find the wun cause it was located on the Block a few miles out from the Banks worked it for a while for no result.

Water was cobalt 24.8 deg but looked lifeless till we hit 80 fathoms signs started looking GooDarus there birds working schools of stripy's cord lines were going off regularly.

I run cord lines for 2 reasons.

1* They locate fish when ewe cant see them breaking surface or on the sounder
2* Alow me to stock up on bait cant beat stripy fillets for snappa/bream bait

But I never slow the boat down wunce hooked up chance there is a big fush under on the schools cord gives good grip & the twick is to get the hooked fish to the surface where it is skipped on top of the water making it very easy to haul in prob lose 60% of them if hook hasn't found anyting solid to latch into.

Anyways TOOVLO was hopeless kept losing evey wun of them laugh.gif eventually I got the shits & showed him how it was done on numerous occasions but he still kept losing them.

Still a few miles short of the JB canyons thought I'd start slowing the boat down wunce we got double hookups just so we could fill up tank then get on with the task of trying to ketch a marlins.

Double hookup wumce again so I backed of the throatles to 1000 rpm got my stripy in quick smart TOOVLO was hopeless his fish was dictating wunce again started feeding out my cord line turned around my back to stern of goat must've hit a pot hole out there & latch wasn't secured on transon door.

Well I went flying out the back into the drink banging my shin on way out couldn't believe how stupid TOOVLO was was I was yelling @ him him to turn the boat around & he stood there like a stunned mullet laugh.gif

Remember the motors were still in gear sitting on a 1000 rpm & the boat was moving away from me a bit of quick thinking had me grabing the cord line @ least now I didn't have to worry copping a pair of 10/0 hooks from wun of the lures still out.

Still couldn't believe how thick TOOVLO was I'd been in the drink a couple of minutes & he still hadn't done anything to assist well that was about to change twit then hit the throatles & I was water sking that's when I really got the shits & started yelling out to neutralise the motors couldn't trust him if I'd said turn them off in case they had to be re-started without me on board.

Reckon I had the shits got worse from where I was I could hear my gears crunching & he still stood there like a stunned mullet didn't think I knew so many swear words but I did mad.gif

Anyways I pulled myself on board using the cord line knacked as I was turned to TOOVLO & told him if he opened his mouth with an excuse I would deck him I really had the shits not because I fell in water was great
I had the shits @ just how STUPID he was

Anyways back to the task of fushing we'd covered a bit of ground & were nearing JB Canyons came across a pair of floating logs had to be mahi under them I thought but wasn't I wrong did quite a few pass's b4 leaving them behind finally pt rigger comes up tight & breaks rubber band but it was only a big striped tuna, a while later it breaks again this time ratchet gives off a short burst I look out to see a striped marlin bill whacking the lure but no hookup.

Spent a couple more hrs out there B4 starting the track back, couldn't believe how good the water was add to that logs etc we'd found but no fish.

After trailing the goat etc showered went to see a couple of mates who live in GP to say hello & get sum local knowlegde

Used to fish with Greg Finney back in the good old days wated a few video's whilst we chatted got to tell ewe guys sum real impressive footage of GooDarus fishy's.

Wasn't to impressed watching video of yung Andrew's mis app where a tiger had pulled his hand clean through a bollard whilst tracing I'm a sook when it comes to stuff like that.

Mr Shinny Head would've got a laugh watching sum of the footage, Fed they did a Jasper on greg's daughter
Wun of my old tricks got her fighting a Bucket laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyways got told not much happening out wide most of the action on the banks using slimmy's as bait also got told where the slimmy's were these days upon leaving ducked across the rd & surprised a nutter old mate I hadn't seen since LBG days

Chris was fushing next day as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 15 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #6

BEN 10kg

This blokes un-believable mate haha since his fired you have a free spot for me ? i mean come on, i couldn't possible stuff up as much as him laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 15 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #7

His Eminance

Depends !

Do ewe take STUPID PILLS ????? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 15 2011, 04:22 AM
Post #8

BEN 10kg

Nah no stupid pills mate laugh.gif

This post has been edited by quintrex101: Feb 15 2011, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 15 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #9

*Mr Shiny Head*

He saved your life and then you sacked him, are you crazy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Feb 15 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #10

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Feb 15 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Nah no stupid pills mate laugh.gif

I seem to have read somewhere - "We didn't end up getting any Bonito and i started to feel sick, so we headed in and burleyed up in a spot for a few hours." hysterical.gif
You don't need to take any stupid pills, Danny. Seasick pills - well that might be another matter. Take me, take me.

This post has been edited by kkw: Feb 15 2011, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Feb 15 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #11

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

If Toolvo was smart enough to log onto the site we'd be applauding him now for his heroics. hahahahahahaha

i'm about the only one left that can fish with you now Jumpy... rolleyes.gif as long as you dont mind me telling you to 'Get F##ked' occasionally... Oh and my strike rate on the squid is duly noted also... Great credentials right there.. poke.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 15 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #12

*Mr Shiny Head*

I reckon toovlo goosed the throttle to get some peace & quiet. hysterical.gif argue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Feb 15 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #13

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

Jumpy did you try long neck at all.??????????????????????????

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 16 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Feb 16 2011, 03:13 PM) *
If Toolvo was smart enough to log onto the site we'd be applauding him now for his heroics. hahahahahahaha

Ewe joking aren't ewe Man Boobie Man ???????

Guy is so thick, only thing he knows how to do on a computer is to log onto his dating site & organise dates with asian women

They fleece him, then he bitch's about them

This is how I stir him up

Jimmy ewe buy me shoes & I luv ewe long time laugh.gif laugh.gif

Others call them Monkeys, prob the reason he wanted to stop @ a fruit shop on way home

Wanted to send them all Banana's on Valentines Day

I reckon toovlo goosed the throttle to get some peace & quiet

I gave him your ph no & adress , told him that ewe'd take him fishing

Jumpy did you try long neck at all

Nope

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 17 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #15

His Eminance

Day 3

Prob the worst of the weather days raining all day wind got up to about 12 knots from the south @ it's worst.
Pretty easy to find the slimmy's out front cause of all the boats allready there fushing for them but still had to contend with the huge amounts of yakka's getting to jigs 1st.

10 or so slimmy's & a shitload of yakkas in the tank pulled anchor & made way out to the Banks soon as we got there saw boat releasing a marlins & thought that didn't take long cause that boat left bait grounds 45minutes b4 we did twas looking good.

Bridled up a slimmy as surface bait & put a yakka down on the Scotty1Hotty, shitload of goats out there for week day would not have caught out dead in 1/2 of them cause it was bucketing down alot of wet fisho's out there visibility wasn't the best either @ times.

45 minutes later we had a hit on the slimmy [bill whacked wun side] but did not come back for it, so out with a fresh baitRadio chat had Dads Boat hooked up sort of they'd put a couple of guys in a Hobie & Hobie was hooked up felt solly for those 2 it was pissing down laugh.gif laugh.gif

Waited for rain to ease & took a few shots from a couple of 100 meters away made it hard cause a good size swell was running & kept losing them in the swell

They were on the fish for ages but finally got it with a tag, next couple of hrs really gave me the shits lost 8 slimmys wun after the udder

Yep ewes guessed it Sammy & the PLIKS rocked up lose a bait wind in power a mile or so away set baits again & Sammy would find us other boats were having same prob.

Did manage to hook wun of the PLIKS tongue.gif it spooled the threadline

I'd had enough by this stage with only 2 slimmy's left swithched to lures didn't bring outriggers so only ran 2 lures & the cord lines kinda was hoping for a striped tuna to bridle up started heading out to the fad a mile east of the Banks reel went screaming off looked back & @ last a marlins just finished getting in udder rod & cord lines & didn't like wot I wasn't hearing.

Plik had spat the hooks after a 100 meter run mad.gif a couple of hrs later we were back @ the Banks boats had virtually disappeared except for 2

Just when ewe thought it was safe to put out baits the PLIKS found us just as quick mad.gif

Just not our day, picked out a couple of dead slimmys stitched them up as skip baits pulled them for an hr or so & called it a day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 17 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #16

His Eminance

Day 4 final day

Have seen sum stupid things in my life day 4 is up there with the best of them cant believe how stupid wun person can be

Yep I'm refering to the human brick aka TOOVLO

Out front getting livies on the bait grounds slimmy's were a bitch this day managed 4 in over an hr TOOVO's rod starts going skitso knew it was bigger than a slimmy tuned out 2b a nice small salmon so I got the net out didn't want to lose it thought it would look good on a bridle.

After netting it I left TOOVLO to get it in the LBT & put the net away I'd just lit a cigga & was facing stern when I heard this allmighty gushing noise b4 I even turned around 2 C wot the hell happened [1st thing I did was put out cigga my mind was thinking fuel & I shat myself]

Went I looked around all I could see re-phrase that I COULDN"T SEE ANYTHING cause there was this great wall of wot looked like white smoke again I shat thought sum ting had caught on fire till I realised wot had happened.

TOOVLO happened !

Idiot had somehow managed to knock the pin out of the fire extinguiser & activate the trigger all in wun allmighty attempt trying to put the net back a near impossible task unless your name is TOOVLO mad.gif

Boat was covered in white stuff & not the white stuff from this little fello 22.gif lucky only 2 udder boats were around to see they had a good laugh I just stood there shaking my head & yelled out to them

He's not With me mad.gif

May have allready guessed TOOVLO is now barred permantly from my boats not for his stupidity that cant be helped got told his mother used to hold his head under water for long periods of time when he was wittle @ bath time.

He got barred 2day when I was told he'd gone around telling everybloody how he saved my life [those who hadn't read day 2 wont know wot this is about] & the fire extinguiser ?? well he told everybloody pin was allready out & it wasn't his fault.

I may tell porky's but I do it for a stir & you'd have 2b SumDumCun not to know when I'm doing it laugh.gif TOOVLO was serious when he told his PORKY'S

Anyways decided to pull anchor & make do with bait we had not a breathe of wind but the sea's had come up from previous day so mossy'd out to the Banks @ ltesurly pace moreso to give TOOVLO the chance to scrub down the boat.

Banks was vacant except 4 wun boat 1/2 a mile away I knew it was Ajax & knew wot they were up to when I saw the spray system working aft, grabed the cord lines & let them out was hoping they were targeting stripy's, set up 2 rods with traces in anticipation ready with bridling gear.

Soon as we got within 100 meter they packed up hadn't seen them pole a single fish but did see them tossing net fulls of livies in so thought wot a good place to dip a bait.

Worked out after 1st 2 days TOOVLO was a hinderance instead of a hand when I was bridling so told him to steer boat NORTH we were 300 meters from my mark @ this tme but when I'd finally got baits in the water salmon up top & yakka on Scotty & took over the wheel we were 1 nautical mile SOUTH of where we started.

Had allready lost my block 5 minutes earlier with TOOVLO so kept quiet about latest stuff up by the way nose of boat was facing sth guy has got no navigational skills wotsoever.

Ewes want to hear why I spat the dummy earlier huh ????

I'd just finished bridling the salmon all the rods were in their holders centre of boat [fish box] only wun rod had a trace attached twas the wun I'd just bridled the salmon to, when I droped the salmon behind the boat silly bugger wanted to swim around the props so I held it there & asked TOOVLO to bring the rod over to me so as I could feed out bait.

Wot does TOOVLO bring me ????????????

Wun of the rods with no trace mad.gif I lost it mainly because of the bait asked TOOVLO how many stupid pills he'd taken that morning & where they bigger than his brain he didn't know wot he did wrong that should explain the guys mentality to those who haven't met him.

Back to fushing corrected the boats course headed back to my marks it took us 1 1/2 hrs to get there current was raging washing machine was working those who've fished the Banks in heavy current will know wot I'm on about & if I rev'd motor over 1000 rpm salmon started spinning on surface, thought it had been taken broke release clip & ratched was screaming then it stopped.
Waited a few minutes engaed drag & slowly wound in salmon didn't look to healthy but not a mark on it so put him back in live bait tank we were now 1.2 NM's from my mark so with everything in I just hit the throatles had wasted enough time in dead water.

Opted to bridle a slimmy this time up top & yakka on Scotty took about 20 minutes clip releases on slimmy with ratchet howling I ran to Scotty [didn't trust TOOVLO] wunce done my attention went to slimmy ratched had stopped & I didn't like that.

Ruled out Sammy the PLIK 2 much current so slowly started to reel in slimmy new hook wasn't empty but never felt any serious weight, slimmy comes in with broken neck & bill marks. NOT HAPPY JAN mad.gif

Annalised situation thought it best to pack away baits & put out lures current was way to strong did a few laps of the Banks then headed out to the Block where we'd had a strike day b4 velly quiet even out in 80 fathoms where we'd found schools 7 schools of stripy's 2 days earlier tracked out to 500 meters & headed sth to JB Canyons current was raging even more out there but figured wunce on cayons & time to head home I'd just pull in & hit throatles like a lake out there except for the 3 + meter rolling swell.

Just as we arrived @ 1st canyons wind started picking up from the bloody NE big trawler on canyons dragging net squillions of birds behind it eating wotever slipped through net worked behind them for 1/2 hour but it was to hard with current & now a picking up NE wind pulled lures in & called it a day bitch of a ride home as well.

The End

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 18 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #17

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Radio chat had Dads Boat hooked up sort of they'd put a couple of guys in a Hobie & Hobie was hooked up felt solly for those 2 it was pissing down laugh.gif laugh.gif

Was Rob Paxavanous in that kayak with sail.. Was on the radio talking about it.. 48kg or something I think he said, 2hr 45min fight.. Its all going to be shown on his TV show. Might catch a glimpse of Jumpus Fall-out-urus on Telly!!

ABC The Big Fish
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2011/02/the-bi...st_the_big_fish

We also talk about catching marlin from a kayak with Rob Paxevanos as you can see from the photo the marlin is just visible below "yak"in the blue water of Jervis Bay.

Fishing has really gone back to the primitive roots hasn't it. This craft is a hightec version of the islanders lakatois, even to this day they catch giant marlin, sharks, sailfish and tuna from the little outriggers, right out at sea, to feed the village.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fish.jpg ( 51.54K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 18 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #18

His Eminance

Fishing has really gone back to the primitive roots hasn't it. This craft is a hightec version of the islanders lakatois,

Without trying to sound to punishing dont think I can put it any milder

Wot a load of Crap laugh.gif

The islanders actually row their canoes these guys got theirs either towed out or it sat in the back of the bertram for the trip

Tell me how many peeps do ewe see in pic below ???

Udder guy ducked aboard the bertram to get out of the rain

Bet ewe the islanders dont have a bertram to make them hot chocolate on a cold rainy day

Was told on radio guy was on 15kg fighting the fish & he was on it for just under 3 hrs, that's a bloody long long long time for a 70 kg fish they called it in @.

2 b honest I was not that impressed 2 me it's stunt fushing doing promo's on those hobies, these guys were set up with support boat wun day ewe'll hear of sum twit trying to do it solo & that will be the last ewe'll hear of him

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 19 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #19

BEN 10kg

Sure would be fun to hook up in one of those hobbies, insane.

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 19 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #20

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

You might have to download the audio file there jumpy.. Pretty sure i remember him saying they took 35min to sail across the bay from huski, was on 24kg gear and 2hr 45min to catch.. Sound like he is full of shit though. You got the pics to prove it.. haha

Its all going to be shown on fishing Australia (with the bits they dont want you to see cut out ;) )

I recon you should call up the Big Fish next week and let em have it!!

R

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:26 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates