Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Fishscarer 2day
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 19 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Knew it with No Bees Knees today we were going to get sum fishy's cause there was nobody to scare them away laugh.gif

After last saturdays raging current things had to improve, heard a mate of mine had nailed a stickhead on munday so i ling ling him
Twas not munday but sunday he'd nailed a 150 kg blue came up dead after a 2 1/2 fight & they finished a long way sth with the current still raging they also picked up a couple of jellybean YFT that day around 8 kg mark.

Anyways Smelly came out 2day, along with TOOVLO & the Sheep Shagger but the Fish Scarer was nowhere to be seen laugh.gif

Small blacks were in very close last sunday as well so decided to drop lures into the water 2 miles short of the peak & run down to the close in FAD
Wun of the pro's then ling ling to tell us marlins were off coggee in close wun came swimming within 10 meters of his goat.

Pretty sloppy out there so we kept with original plan on the FAD guys were hooking up to baby mahi's of no interest to us, water was 25 deg on the FAD but with overcast sky hard to tell how good colour was 2b honest looked a bit greenish to me.

Ventured out to the plonk hole FAD did a few laps saw nut tings but water started looking blue & temp rose to 25.9 headed nth to 12 mile where we found striped tuna was running only a 4 lure spread & didn't want to run xmas tree's cause of the with so the stripy's decided to eat the skirted lures.

Worked them for a while then opted to go look on sum marks i've got on 100 fathoms found series of traps just short of 100 fathoms & opted to worm them all of us saw it 70 meters in front of the boat a monster Mahi jumping out the water good gues the 20 kg mark.

No luck raising him & the day was was looking dismal fish wise till I tracked back to FAD 2nd lap port rigger screams off fishing 24 kg outfits this thing was howling line of the reel 8kg of drag.

I dont stop boat upon hookup give crew time to clear deck wunce that is dun I back off, still no idea wot took lure & with no bend in rod i thought the worst bloody stickhead & he's spat the lure so got TOOVLO to crank in line.

Then rod starts bending again figured mahi or small YFT by now so boys got ready

Turned to be not a bad Mahi that went just 14 kg on the scales

Jumpus aint sirry he went no where near the back of the goat only wun hu stayed clean of blood stains & didn't get whacked by the lunatic fish laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 19 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #2

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

Very very nice dollie. Wahoo, cobes, marlin, dollies, YFT..... there's a lot of life around off Sydney at the moment!

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
bafoo
post Jan 19 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #3

Jewfish

Member No.: 2,601

very nice fish mate - Bees would be very dissapointed that he was not out with you.

Is it Bees who has the curse or did you just take jhim out to a dudd spot????

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE COMEBACK.

BAFOO

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jan 19 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #4

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

Bafoo, I think he just tries to hard to impress me mate... worship1.gif clapping hands.gif

And he is definately is not a morning person.. So cranky hysterical.gif

Love ya Jumpy.. poke.gif super.gif hysterical.gif

Wish i saw that Dolly in the flesh, i would of made love to it like salty did with his YFT hysterical.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jan 19 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Not a bad fish at all, Every fisho would be pleased to see that come aboard,, a few slightly smaller ones would be good for the plate.
good report and glad to see the boat get some blood in it.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
boris
post Jan 19 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #6

Jewfish

Member No.: 737

Nice nice fish mate. clapping hands.gif

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 19 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

QUOTE (bafoo @ Jan 20 2011, 07:38 AM) *
IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE COMEBACK.

BAFOO

He's got no comebacks me tinks I burried him laugh.gif
Tis all fun & games luv taking the piss out of Bees but yesterday it got serious told the crew we weren't coming home till we got a fish, didn't want egg on my face nor to give Booby Man any excuse to blame me.

Proved my point Bees is the Fishy Scarer laugh.gif laugh.gif we were back in early as well to boot

there's a lot of life around off Sydney at the moment!

Um yay & nay not as much as wot peeps think

Still no great schools of baitfish nearly 20 hrs on the water last 2 trips saw none on sounder only bait I know off was a big school of slimmy's off cronulla & odd school of striped tuna udder than that not a great deal @ all.

Love ya Jumpy..

I'll get ewe a blowup Jumpy Wombat Doll for your bertday laugh.gif

good report and glad to see the boat get some blood in it

Worked hard for it frank lot of hrs on the water last 2 trips & yep pleased finally got a decent fish on the boat but we've done poorly compared to other boats.

Just haven't been where the fish were @ for ages yesterday ignored all reports etc went back to old school fishing days b4 gps etc followed my nose to all the good old routes & we saw fish all day

Nice nice fish mate

Yeah not bad wun boris but would've loved to have hooked the wun we saw jump out in front of the boat

Been slack last couple of years gamefish wise rarely ventured out but got the taste for it again even got a new set of Tiagra's & was busy spooling them up night B4.

Have to admit even though we haven't seen to much action so far this has got to be best start to BIG Mahi Mahi season i've recalled for a long time prob get out on the dreaded weekend again

--------------------

+Quote Post
bafoo
post Jan 19 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #8

Jewfish

Member No.: 2,601

And he is definately not a morning person.. So cranky hysterical.gif

Wish i saw that Dolly in the flesh, i would of made love to it like salty did with his YFT hysterical.gif

Tell you what Bees - I hope he dont turn green when he"s angry and cracks a fatty whist his at it, maybe he needs to keep off the V s the night before and drink herbal tea instead .It may relax that physique of his.

Making love to that dolly????????? - I could understand that Bees, - its definetly crack a fat material.

Bafoo.

This post has been edited by Jumpus GooDarus: Jan 19 2011, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jan 19 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #9

Twoeyesea

Tell you what Bees - I hope he dont turn green when he"s angry and cracks a fatty whist his at it, maybe he needs to keep off the V s the night before and drink herbal tea instead .It may relax that physique of his.

See, this is where you lose people Bafoo, Jumpy doesn't have a physique.. Jake is packing more muscle....smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Making love to that dolly????????? - I could understand that Bees, - its definetly crack a fat material.

It's about the only time I would manage to crack one, when Jumpy is around..smile.gif

Yours in Fats and Fishing,

Bees Knees biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 19 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #10

His Eminance

See, this is where you lose people Bafoo, Jumpy doesn't have a physique..

Ha !

Not all of us think Love Handles & Barry White music is the look of the century
Nor do we play with our own Man Boobies, sum of us prefer those type of lumps on the opposite sex laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey Bees got a wedding to go to on Saturday when are ewe coming over to give me sum Dancing Lessons ????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jan 19 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #11

Twoeyesea

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 20 2011, 03:42 PM) *
Hey Bees got a wedding to go to on Saturday when are ewe coming over to give me sum Dancing Lessons ????

Never, you will try and do dirty things to me tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 19 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #12

His Eminance

Garauntee'd ewe'll have the time of your life

No ewe've never felt like this again

Ewe'll have the time of your life

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 20 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #13

His Eminance

QUOTE (bafoo @ Jan 20 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Tell you what Bees -

Bafoo.

Ooh Ooh I know this wun tongue.gif

Bees aint smarter than the average bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Jan 20 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #14

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

That's a big size Dolly mate, very nice

+Quote Post
danch777
post Jan 20 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #15

Tiddler

Member No.: 3,194

Very nice Jumpy!

Its funny how one good fish can make all that time and effort soooo worth it!!!

Can't wait for my invite biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sir Reel
post Jan 20 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #16

*Narcho's*

Member No.: 2,557

Going to try to head out to the shelf on sun for some dolfin fish out of batemans bay. What size leader and line do i need to use. If trawling what speed and lure and when baiting what bait, do i burley for them with cubes. No fads out that wide but could try the fad out at 80 mtrs of durras. Weather looks great. Might try the downrigger and jigging as well.

--------------------
insanity takes it's toll, I make sure I have plenty of spare change

Catch ya L8ter

John

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 21 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

QUOTE (Sir Reel @ Jan 21 2011, 08:54 AM) *
What size leader and line do i need to use. If trawling what speed and lure

That's a hard wun to answer I dont go out setting a spread to target just mahi my spread targets stickheads more than anything but the same spread has caught virtually every species in waters i've trolled.

Again my goat is different to yours as well I can run 2 transom, 2 rigger & shotgun along with a couple of short bibless as well if desired.

Mate if your looking for mahi's just as easy & more likely to hook a stickhead

I use 600lb mono leader most will say it's an overkill but dont have the need to matchstick my hooks like most have to do & I find the heavier leader makes it alot easier to trace the fish my traces are 20 ft long.

Most fisho's use 300 lb leader on lures that will cover ewe for even the stickheads

Line class is up to ewe 15 kg is prob a good wun to start off with, if I'd sighted mahi in pic & had the choice to feed it a bait my choice would've been a 6 kg outfit but that's me.

No such thing as a constant troll speed & I get sick of all the idiots on the net who jump up & say 8 knots those guys are wankers who dont have a clue.

Last sat in the quick current my troll speed was 3 knots going nth & 11 knots when I travelled sth

Your troll speed is governed by how well your lures work, if they're jumping off waves then slow down, ewe want the lures to travel underwater & rising to break surface leaving a nice smoke trail as they go, if all but say wun is working fine change the wun that's not, not all lures run the same heads like the appollo or similar are the safest & will allways run true.

I like to throw @ least wun radical head in the spread

when baiting what bait,

Ewe should not have any probs ketching slimmy's down your way & they would be my 1st choice followed by yakka's
If targeting mahi's with bait 50 lb trace will surfice no need to go super heavy.

Bear in mind tis the small mahi's which will sit under the fad, if ewe want the big models these are generally 100 + meters off the fad & dont keep working the fad in same direction vary approach when troling just an observation over the years i've noticed fish on certain days will only hit lures in wun direction wunce that direction is established work it.

Mahi's will allways follow hooked fish to the boat so be ready to drop a livey into the drink wunce you've established hooked fish is indeed a mahi

do i burley for them with cubes

Works for me go up current from the fad & start cubes ewe'll see mahi's in the cube trail if they're small try loading hook with a cube or 1/2 pilly

No fads out that wide

Dont need them this time of year the pro's drop lobster traps out in around 90 fathoms find them & they're as good as a fad

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Reel
post Jan 21 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #18

*Narcho's*

Wow 600lb what are you using, street power cables from telegraph poles? Man thats heavy. Dont you mean 60lb.

Nope I'm using as I said 600 lb

Is a radical one that does not have a bib?

Nope just a skirted lure with a bigger slanted face they wonder left / right hence name radical

Some heads here

http://www.fishingozstyle.info/forums/inde...?showtopic=1502

Left - right top

1st 2 are LNG heads they are radicals next 2 Parkers not as radical next 3 are Tubes radical again

bottom lot

LNG then next 2 are my design & last 2 are apollo heads they run true & straight

Heard an intresting trick today. Lay out a black plastic sheet on the water near a fad, drop a feather type lur down under the plastic.

Bit of a stupid idea it'll only blow away in the wind or get in the way, if fish are under the fad then wots the point ???

Tis the rope with it's growth that's the attraction not the buant fad itself

Also heard that not to spill any blood as this scares the dolfin fish away

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

ewe tell me ??

Your cubing those cubes have blood do they scare or attract fish ?????????????????

--------------------

Catch ya L8ter

John

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 21 2011, 04:40 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Velly Solly I didn't realise till after I hit reply button that I'd edited your post

Hit edit instead of reply just as well I took quotes else ewe wouldn't know wot i was on about

Wow 600lb what are you using, street power cables from telegraph poles? Man thats heavy. Dont you mean 60lb.

Nope I'm using as I said 600 lb

Is a radical one that does not have a bib?

Nope just a skirted lure with a bigger slanted face they wonder left / right hence name radical

Some heads here

http://www.fishingozstyle.info/forums/inde...?showtopic=1502

Left - right top

1st 2 are LNG heads they are radicals next 2 Parkers not as radical next 3 are Tubes radical again

bottom lot

LNG then next 2 are my design & last 2 are apollo heads they run true & straight

Heard an intresting trick today. Lay out a black plastic sheet on the water near a fad, drop a feather type lur down under the plastic.

Bit of a stupid idea it'll only blow away in the wind or get in the way, if fish are under the fad then wots the point ???

Tis the rope with it's growth that's the attraction not the buant fad itself

Also heard that not to spill any blood as this scares the dolfin fish away

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

ewe tell me ??

Your cubing those cubes have blood do they scare or attract fish ?????????????????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Reel
post Jan 21 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #20

*Narcho's*

the plastic would be tied to a line i surpose, but wont bother.

The blood was in refernce to drops of blood from a caught fish, was thinking the same about cubing

--------------------

Catch ya L8ter

John

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:51 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates