Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 29 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Seems this forum has been a bit on the quiet side so thought I'd do a thread

Wanted a Lecky for the new goaty B4 Xmas

Not sure that a 55 lb'r would be good enough but since I allready had a Minn Kota on the old wittle blue goaty thought I'd mount it to see how it went

Pushed the new goat along but nutting like it did the smaller tinny, the biggest prob was the shaft length 56" was way to short cause evlly time the boat bounced the prop came out the water in chop.

Shopped around for a 80 lb thrust / 60 inch shaft

Minn Kota's were nearly double the price & after speaking to a few mates who'dalso shy'd away from the Minn Kota cause of the heavy handed pricing & gone with the Water Snakeys I elected to do the same.

Used it twice & it had sum balls [had to use 2 batteries in series cause motor is 24 volt]

To tell the honest truth really think the Water Snakeys foot control is far supirior to Minn Kota's much more user friendly

Did hit a snag with the motor last trip though

Die Cast housing broke, motor was still usable

Opted to ling ling Javis Marine direct after hearing wot the retailer wanted me to do [or should I say wanted Bees to do since he was the wun who purchased it for me]

I sent Jervis pics above last night after our ph conversation left my no with the email

Cause I was doing sum work on my mates boat I missed a few calls till I knocked off for the day

I returned the call to Peter from Jervis & he'd allready pulled apart another lecky to send me the broken cast

I'd told him prior I would be happy to do the work [4 screws & 15 minutes of my time] as long as it didn't void my warranty

Reason I offered was had I returned it to place of purche who knows when I'd get it back.

Anyways shit happens & the new cast left Melbourne this arvo

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 29 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #2

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

i am very happy with mine at a cost of 600+ dollars its just the ducks guts, and for those that don't know I also post on pbo were i asked about water snakes and here is the thread

http://www.polyboatowners.com/pboforum/vie...d=11&page=1

the guts come down to this one post by SQUIZZY TAYLOR

Youll be right Paul, after salt water use take the prop off and spray inox or similar right up past the plastic washers though as the bearing retainers can rust, and check all the cabling and make sure the gland nuts have all been tightened adequately, other wise give it a good rinse after each use and a darn good hit with inox on the locking mechanisms.

Geoff

p.s. mines the 54pound shadow model

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 29 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Didn't know ewe had wun poly

I give the whole boat a gernie when I get home to remove salt

Like I said I didn't get any bad feedback from anywun B4 deciding to go with the Water Snakey

Sum ting ewe wouldn't know that I mentioned was the foot control being a hell of alot to my liking than the Minn Kota's control

Not to mention I really liked the service I've gotten so far from Jervis Marine

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 29 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #4

the yack man

mate Jeff [squizzy taylor] has been using lecky's for some years and told me the snakes are as good as any thing on the market if looked after properly.

Paul

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 29 2010, 02:12 AM
Post #5

the yack man

this is the only shot i have of the snake on my baat

Paul

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 29 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

Why did it break Jumpy and do you think the new one will last OK?
We all know you're restricted to under 10Kts without a license so it couldn't have been you driving too hard.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 29 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

QUOTE (poly @ Jan 29 2010, 09:12 PM) *
this is the only shot i have of the snake on my baat

poly ewe've mounted it on the wrong side of the goaty hysterical.gif

just joking

Why did it break Jumpy

My guess was a flaw in the cast, the guy from jervis suggested the bearing [rusting thingy in pic] may have been pressed in incorrectly back in the factory

there's alot of pressure back @ that point esp if I turn up the speed dial 60 inch's of shaft is alot of leverage

if ewe have a looky @ poly's pic his is only a 56 inch shaft & look @ how high the top of motor sits up
on mine it's all the way down to the bracket cause of the depth i need to have being a bigger goat

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Jan 29 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #8

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

i got a transom mount one its been good for 3 years but i want a bowmount model for the little tinny smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 29 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #9

His Eminance

Just pretend you're going backwards Danial Sun hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 30 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #10

the yack man

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 30 2010, 08:53 AM) *
poly ewe've mounted it on the wrong side of the goaty hysterical.gif

it looks wright I think, may be o.k. I'm hoping

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 30 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

Hey poly !

just got it from a GooDarus source that Nylex the company that had been making the polycraft have gone BROKE bellyup hysterical.gif

Huh so wot are ewe going to do now when ewe start looking to upgrade ?????????

Guess you're gonna have to start looking @ the Pope watering system huh hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Guess ewe'll have to get yourself the nu look pope fushing attire as well complete with binauculars to spot the wittle fushys with

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 31 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #12

the yack man

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 31 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Hey poly !

just got it from a GooDarus source that Nylex the company that had been making the polycraft have gone BROKE bellyup hysterical.gif

Huh so wot are ewe going to do now when ewe start looking to upgrade ?????????

Guess you're gonna have to start looking @ the Pope watering system huh hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Guess ewe'll have to get yourself the nu look pope fushing attire as well complete with binauculars to spot the wittle fushys with

ohhhhhhhhhh dear cough this be true

Poly

think i will go to bed and have a good lie down

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 1 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #13

His Eminance

Well peeps I was out most of the day even visited Mr Shinny Head & Skirtless Seafairy who was wearing a skirt this time hysterical.gif

I got back to the wittle project I'm working on around 3. 30 pm & chris jumps out & asks if I'd ordered anything cause a package had been delivered.

Give me a looky I said.

Low & Behold it was the replacent part for my Wakey Wakey Hands On Water Snakey Thingymajiggy hysterical.gif

Not bad considering I hadn't spoken to Jervis Marine till around 5 . 30 pm on fliday, virtually same day delivery & it came from Mexico [melbourne]

Anyways took me about 45 minutes to strip leckky down & fit new part only took me that long cause I decided to pull it virtually all apart & give the whole unit a good spray internally/externally with lanolin.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 10 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

Final Straw has Broken

I'm gonna bury that bloody water snakey, it's pissed me off to no end spent more time getting repairs than on the boat

A few other things have gone wrong with it since last post Jervis Marine even gave me a brand new wun to replace the original
Since then I've snaped 2 shafts, 1st tie I took responsibility cause I failed to lift lecky out & took off with outboard mind ewes I wasn't going fast by all means.

Finally get new shaft fitted it up but sum ting was not right, motor would engage with hitting speed control figured I had + & - back to front so I swaped them over same result so not wanting to risk frying motherboard opted to send whole thing back.

Got it back 3 weeks later & was told I'd connected wires back to front didn't want to argue with them nor did I mention I tried both terminals.

Got to use it once after that without incident but 2nd trip out I was tracking with it whilst squidding & heard some bang bangs

Thought it EESSA was Kay Kay Winks throwing dem Boomers @ me hysterical.gif

I was @ back of boat & walked 4ward to see what I'd hit, Nut Ting @ all it was the bloody lecky bashing against the hull with prop still turning geez I was piss'd off, went aft of boat to turn it off then pulled it in & kicked it.

Rang Jervis to tell them the latest reply was they'd never had a broken shaft B4 [find that very hard to believe] that was a week or so ago still waiting for them to get back to me said they would find me me a new shaft, a bit hard to do when they have none in stock.

I'm not very patient with people who say they'll do sum ting & dont get back to me so decided to bury the snake.

Went out & bought a new Motorguide today didn't have time to fit it up prob do it tomorrow & take it out for a run.

Did opt for the wireless foot controll this time & also grabbed the remote hand controll as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 12 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #15

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

Red to Red, Black to Black, Pos to Pos, Neg to Neg but not between the batteries.
Let me know if you can't figure it out.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 02:51 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates