Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ci's
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 22 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Wot ewe guys reckon to my new wittle toys ????????????

http://www.viva.com.cn/fish-reel-ci-en.htm

Guess I'll have to pull my finger out now & go wet a line to see wot they're like hysterical.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 22 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #2

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

I still want to know where they put all the damned bearing? laugh.gif

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 22 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

That's an easy wun 2 answer

2 or 3 in the bail arm mech, then there's the handle etc etc

Inside the main gearing there'd still only be your main roller & prob 2 0r 3 others

If it was in the specs I missed it but these CI's are also worm driven& dont rotate using oscilating gears

Velly smooth reels, reckon if ewe used wun back in the school days instead of a bottle to play spin the bottle

You'd be Wai Ting a Wong Time to kiss the girly's cause they just keep on Spi Ning & Spi Ning then they do Sum more Spi Ning & Spi Ning after ewe stop turning the handle hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 22 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Any idea on how much they cost Jumpy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 22 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #5

His Eminance

Nope !

As far as I know they wont be coming in to Aust @ this time

I saw them in Viva's factory catalogue & the boys did a special order for me.

I did however coax them into a few extra wuns for their showroom, if the interest is there & shops start placing orders then they'll bring them in

Cant sell out of a catalogue I keep telling them & a velly nice showroom has been set up that's where I saw the new range of rods.

Yep Viva are now setup & building their own rods in their factory even poached 300 staff from Shimano rod building

Sum time back I showed off one of my LOX rods here

I had wun of the 1st to land here, well those rods are really taking off in sales Complete Angler has sold a shite load of them

Not that I've done a great deal of fushing of late but the few times I'd used my wun I thought it was a great wittle rod

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 22 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

My little Silstar died so I picked up a small Okuma bait runner from Ace Tackle the other day.
I gave it to Denise & I took her old Silstar, she likes the bait runner, very exciting when it goes off. hysterical.gif
BTW, Ace Tackle is for sale, I hope it remains a tackle shop because it's pretty handy for me and I don't like the guy up at Mako, he's 'strange'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
storms72
post Aug 22 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Shark

Member No.: 393

What the drag rating on them Ange?
Why don't the manufacturers put this figure on their websites? Even shimano australia doesn't have them-have to look-up the US site.

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 23 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

Not sure but safe to say 10 kg drag

Why don't the manufacturers put this figure on their websites?

Prob because the average angler

Hang on I'll re phrase that

99.99 % of anglers are yobs & clueless when it comes to drags & I'm not just talking novice beginers eithers just have a read around the forums & you'll get my drift esp when it comes to those Kungy Fisho's.

Their idea of a good drag is to be ables to lock it so as the fushy cant take any line, same goes with just about every wun else the moment a fish takes drag they tighten it.

I can say that about 5 months back sum samples were sent over from China in regards to Viva's CD series in the 7000 size.

I had a whinge cause @ the time I was looking for a SP/Popping reel for the YFT Viva had nutting that I would've used so I had no shoice & got myselft wun of the Shimano Stella 20000.

They are a beatifull reel even though I've caught nut ting on it but I have loaded it up on scales & the drag is superb not to mention the spool can carry line capacity which to me is velly impotent.

The Viva CD 7000 didn't come close but then again neither did it's price tag around 1/5 th of the Stella price.

Now after I started whinging about the CD & told the boys I'd only throw it in the cupboard after they offered me wun cause it twas of no use to me.

Back to the factory went a request I asked for a bigger line capacity spool & the drag to be upgraded if they wanted sales on that reel

Requests were met, and back came a couple of bigger spools with the upgraded drag system, put wun spool on a CD 7000 body & onto a rod spooled it up with sum 37 kg braid & started pulling drag.

Reel handled it velly smoothly but it was the rod we were using that I was worried about thought it was going to snap so didn't fully load it hysterical.gif

The new drag is rated @ 40 kg & we got an extra 60 meters of line on the spool, still not enough line capacity to go chashing YFT BUT not a bad reel @ all for those wooking for a Kungy trolling reel drag is there & the spool holds more than enough line for Kungs.

This is the reel below as standard I have the 1000 up to the 5000 models& have been spinning with them for over a year now, they were those reels I wasn't allowed to show & allways had covered up on the rods

The 7000 with suped up drag & larger spool will sell around the $250 mark when it comes out well within the price tag of the average fisho, beats paying $1,200 for a stella

4got I got some other goody's sum time back including a 6 : 1 ratio overhead again that reel was a sample but hey it also has a 40 kg rated drag if I remember I'll take a pic of it

The CD's

http://www.viva.com.cn/fish-reel-cd-en.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post
storms72
post Aug 23 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #9

Shark

Member No.: 393

good info there, cheers for the reply. I like to know so I can set the drag correctly-my spring loaded scale scale is probably not too accutate but its better than just guessing, did test it when I bought it with some weights @ home and it was only measuring a little light..

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 23 2009, 04:50 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

Quite simple to set your drag tention

Just use a set of spring scales

Rule of thumb says ewe set it @ 1/3 breaking strain of the line class

Ewe can go a bit tighter if fushing for species that dont go for long runs but I wouldn't

If fushing for species that scream off alot of line ewe must factor in water pressure on the line & back off the drag else ewe'll get popped off every time

To many peeps do the opposite & tighten the drag for fear of losing the fish & that's a bad mistake ewe'll pop the line right away

1/3 of the line class also gives ewe the option to do wot I do virtually every time whe pumping in a fushy whether it be a brims or a YFT, I use my thumb of finger on the spool to apply that wee bit more pressure on the lift But if ewe feel the fushy wants to run again [ easy to do ewe'll feel it in the rod action] ewe release your thumb/finger off the spool & let the fish have it's wittle burst.

Thumb on the spool is a great asset to have esp when fighting species like YFT esp on an up/down fight in swelly conditions cause every wave will see line come off the spool the thumb stops that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 2 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #11

His Eminance

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Aug 23 2009, 08:13 AM) *
Nope !

As far as I know they wont be coming in to Aust @ this time

I saw them in Viva's factory catalogue & the boys did a special order for me.

I did however coax them into a few extra wuns for their showroom, if the interest is there & shops start placing orders then they'll bring them in

Cant sell out of a catalogue I keep telling them & a velly nice showroom has been set up that's where I saw the new range of rods.

Well tickle me Fanny hysterical.gif

Looks like they will be coming into Oz

Seems the extra couple that went into the showroom sparked interest from the retailers

And I thought I was Special & the only wun to have them hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 03:26 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates