Reply to this topicStart new topic
> .270, .308, 30.06, What would you prefer
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 18 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #61

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

I go through Admin to see what walleys are trying to register on site & wun was viewing this thread so i had a quick looky

Got me a new 270 fired 5 rounds from it so far & killed a 44 gallon drum 3 times with it & Spud killed the same drum wunce.

Near took my shoulder off 1st zot 4gotten what firing a big boom boom stick was like after years with the hornet laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bloody thing makes alot of noise to boot so noisy the 44 gallon drum woke up 4 times laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 19 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #62

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

ok rumpus, 270 or 30.06????????????????????????????????????????????? what did you get?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and what brand tell us, we need to know tongue.gif

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Oct 20 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #63

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Got a tikka 30;06 mate... Absolutly love it and anyone who cant justify spending the hard earned $$$ on a Sako (my other love, the wife knows about her) should buy a tikka.. forget all that yan crap (rem, winchester etc) buy a tikka.. smoothest action and very well put together!!

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 22 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #64

the yack man

indeed a fine looking bang stick, now tell us about braking it in, like did it shoot a minute of angle from day one or did you need to tune it up free float the barrel that type of thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Oct 22 2011, 04:24 AM
Post #65

*FruitLoop* 53

Haha, actually bought it off a mate who was working on a station on the Qld/Nt border. He had used it to shoot everything from buffs to bunnies. Shoots under a MOA with my reloads, 150gn Game Kings and Hornady SST's with 60gn on 2209 behind em. Nothing flash done to the rifle, pretty much standard!

No Buff with it for me yet but plenty of goats and pigs and drops them on the spot.. Jumpus can assure you of that, he has seen the damage it can do.

My other love Poly, My Sako 223 is all customized up... smile.gif Floated, Full Bedding job, trued action.. And shoots .05" 5 shot groups one after the other.. Will quite often shoot a nice 5 shot clover leaf pattern smile.gif

Its an old pic.. Now has a Kahles steel body 8x56 sitting on top..

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 22 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #66

the yack man

there is a very good home waiting here in Queanbeyan for both of those riffles Chad, that's if you ever get sick of using them.

loads for the Sako mate, I'm thinking there will different loads for different jobs.

on the last trip to loch sport in Victoria the hog deer were thicker than roos, weighing in at about 50kg the 223 would be the perfect round for these shy little buggers, that if you could find some were to hunt them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Oct 22 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #67

*FruitLoop* 53

Yea, my normal load is 55gn nosler shots, they are a cheap bulk pack round designed for the pro roo shooters. Very explosive. 25.5gn of 2206H moves em quick enough and gives super accuracy, less than .05".. Also use the Nosler ballistics in 55gn too, same load but they cost double the shots and give no better accuracy. Been playing with some 60gn VMAX latly for use of goats and pigs.. Have tried others in the past but have found the price and the accuracy of the Shots to be unbeatable.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 23 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #68

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Dont risten to him poly he's telling porkys

Had to train him in the finer art of stone throwing last trip cause he was hopeless using a telescopic stick laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:00 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates