> Gun Law Changes
Spudly
post Jun 19 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

NSW upper house passes new gun laws.

New gun laws passed in NSW parliament will start unravelling strict measures brought in after the Port Arthur massacre, the NSW Greens say.

A bill, passed on Thursday by the upper house, removes the 28-day waiting period for people with a registration waiting for a second or subsequent gun.

The Shooters Party-initiated bill also removes the need to register guns made prior to 1900 and introduces more exemptions for people without a licence to participate at shooting clubs.

Greens MP Lee Rhiannon said the changes brought NSW "closer to the US with its liberal attitude to firearm use".

Gun laws around the nation were changed after 35 people were killed and 37 wounded on April 28, 1996, by lone gunman Martin Bryant at the historic Port Arthur tourist site in Tasmania.

Bryant is serving 35 life sentences in Tasmania's Risdon Prison, and will never be eligible for parole.

"The Shooters Party's private member bill represents the first unravelling of national uniform gun laws developed after the Port Arthur massacre," Ms Rhiannon said.

The bill was passed with the support of both the government and the coalition.

Ms Rhiannon said the government backed the bill to gain Shooters Party support for its electricity privatisation plans.

The government does not hold a majority in the upper house and will need the support of minor parties to pass its planned sell-off of the state's electricity retailers.

The Shooters Party bill will now go before the lower house.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jun 19 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

It just wrong i think......

I mean..... The only thing that stops me buying more is that i have to wait for them....

Now ill be double broke..... between fishing, drinking and rifles ill need a second job...

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jun 19 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #3

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Does that mean you want to buy the Brno twins I have here, and their cousin Miss Tikka?

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jun 19 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #4

*FruitLoop* 53

Ill give you 2 chickens and a duck........ I saved them from the Auctions!!

Im Imagining Sumo, may have heard more? Obviosly they have to pass the lower house as well???

What sorta package deal you offering KKW

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jun 19 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #5

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

I can package them in bubble wrap for you - no problemo.

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jun 22 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #6

Kokino Vraka

Group: Members

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Rumpus @ Jun 20 2008, 08:19 AM) *
Now ill be double broke..... between fishing, drinking and rifles ill need a second job...

What you do not already have a second job?

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jun 22 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #7

*FruitLoop* 53

Nope... I work 4 days on and 4 days off..... thats it.... no more.....

+Quote Post
Outlaw
post Jun 30 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #8

Tiddler

Member No.: 2,573

I still haven't gone for my licence.
Dunno about "down south" but up here, I had to wait 5 years for a clean sheet, and now I need to do a gun safety seminar, and then go to the police station and pay the $160 I think it is,a copy of the gun sfety cert, and 3 good reasons as to why I want a licence. and then wait up to 6 weeks to see if they approve or deny my application.

After I found out about all the hoops they wanted me to jump through, I let my SSAA membership expire, and brought the ps2 Cabella's games.lol.

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jun 30 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #9

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

What you have time to play ps2???

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 2 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Rumpus @ Jun 20 2008, 03:19 AM) *
NSW upper house passes new gun laws.

New gun laws passed in NSW parliament will start unravelling strict measures brought in after the Port Arthur massacre, the NSW Greens say.

A bill, passed on Thursday by the upper house, removes the 28-day waiting period for people with a registration waiting for a second or subsequent gun.

The Shooters Party-initiated bill also removes the need to register guns made prior to 1900 and introduces more exemptions for people without a licence to participate at shooting clubs.

Greens MP Lee Rhiannon said the changes brought NSW "closer to the US with its liberal attitude to firearm use".

Gun laws around the nation were changed after 35 people were killed and 37 wounded on April 28, 1996, by lone gunman Martin Bryant at the historic Port Arthur tourist site in Tasmania.

Bryant is serving 35 life sentences in Tasmania's Risdon Prison, and will never be eligible for parole.

"The Shooters Party's private member bill represents the first unravelling of national uniform gun laws developed after the Port Arthur massacre," Ms Rhiannon said.

The bill was passed with the support of both the government and the coalition.

Ms Rhiannon said the government backed the bill to gain Shooters Party support for its electricity privatisation plans.

The government does not hold a majority in the upper house and will need the support of minor parties to pass its planned sell-off of the state's electricity retailers.

The Shooters Party bill will now go before the lower house.

Well the NSW government just made mockery of that Rumpus !

It seems that that sleaze bag Frank Sartor needed the shooters party vote to pass some other legistlation & no longer will you need to pay for a peremit & wait for the 28 day cooling off period.

Heard this tonight but will stop off to see a mate who'd be able to give me a few more details as he's involved with the shooters party

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 2 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #11

*FruitLoop* 53

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jul 2 2008, 10:14 PM) *
Well the NSW government just made mockery of that Rumpus !

It seems that that sleaze bag Frank Sartor needed the shooters party vote to pass some other legistlation & no longer will you need to pay for a peremit & wait for the 28 day cooling off period.

Heard this tonight but will stop off to see a mate who'd be able to give me a few more details as he's involved with the shooters party

Spoken to a few gun shops about it this week jumps, they have been told that its a few months away. There will still be a few days wait for the transfer and paperwork, ut not the 28 days cooling off that there is now.

Will make things a bit easier, but really, not much of a differance, just less time to wait to get the gun..

+Quote Post
Guest_rapspakix_*
post Feb 2 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #12

Guests

Agreed. Will take care of any varmint that needs to be taken care of. Can be had in bolt action as well but I like it with open sites as a truck gun.

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Feb 2 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #13

the wizz kid

Member No.: 9

see this is why i never got my shooters licence again ,all the bullshit you gotta go through ,thats why i bought a bow and my 3 girls are into it big time ,and there aint no crap to go through ,,dont get me wrong with the way the greenies are now it probably wont be long before bows are like guns ,,,jas

--------------------
allways in the shit ,its just the depth that varies

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 2 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #14

*FruitLoop* 53

Forgot about this topic.... The changes were passed.. If you already own a firearm in a catagory the turnaround for a new PTA is around 10 days..

There were a few other small things that changed to but I forget, Something do do with license classes, Ie Rec Hunter and Target shooters..

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 2 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #15

*FruitLoop* 53

Jas, its probably easier to get a license now than it used to be.. Just pop into a gun shop. Tamworth firearms been great to me up there, Jim in there been looking after me for a while now.

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Feb 2 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #16

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

ive always thought and still do to today that the amount of hoops you have to jump thru to get ya firearms lic is amazing, i believe that guns arnt dangerous, its the people holding them, and this comes from me who spent a few years walking the streets of sydney with a glock holstered to my waist.... as part of the job.... legal guns dont worry me its the ilegal ones that do.... for example i had a group of 7 guys put a semi to my head 7 weeks ago...

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 2 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #17

*FruitLoop* 53

too right husler..... Taking the guns off and putting heavier restrictions on the legit firearm owners is doing nothing to stop gun crime... Its the Illegal owners with no license and unreg guns that do the damage!!

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Feb 2 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #18

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

yep but the the suit wearers who make the rules are to scared of them so they pick on the legit owners to make it look like they are doing something... when there really doing nothing...........

its all smoke and mirrors

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 2 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #19

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (rapspakix @ Feb 3 2010, 02:16 AM) *
Can be had in bolt action as well but I like it with open sites as a truck gun.

Exept for my under/over zot gun all my firearms are bolt action there's no other way to go

Spoken to a few gun shops about it this week jumps, they have been told that its a few months away. There will still be a few days wait for the transfer and paperwork, ut not the 28 days cooling off that there is now

That is a real pain in the arse, a few times I've walked in & couldn't be bothered sending paperwork off so didn't end up buying a new gun

I like to see & buy right away then take it home with me to Zot Fox's with hysterical.gif

see this is why i never got my shooters licence again

Why would ewe want wun for jason ???????

I've been told that ewe throw rocks @ the Wabbits then Dave retrieves them with his telescopic stick hysterical.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Feb 2 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #20

the wizz kid

Member No.: 9

we just do the sumo flop,,,jas

--------------------
allways in the shit ,its just the depth that varies

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:52 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates