hustler57
post Dec 2 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #1

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

hey fellow fishos,

went out fishing yesturday, there will be a report soon in fishing reports, but

we decided to put the boat in at revesby national park down at the end of river road,

that place used to be ok on a weekend during the day with the 2 double ramps, but now its just totally mayhem, there have spent a fortune stuffing it up, i was down there about 12 noon and even on a pretty quiet sunday it was mayhem, no 1 knew what the other person was doing, they have totally stufed it right up, then after i brought the hustler in and was parked in the carpark i noticed this stupid idiot of a woman in a sharkcat cruising up and down past the boat ramp, she was totally blocking the way for all boats and jet skis from putting there boats on the trailer and taking them off the trailer, there was 1 guy backing his trailer down the ramp with the boat on the back and he put it in and if he must of realised this idiot was there and if he didnt stop he would of ramed right into her boat, she was just making life hard for ever 1 trying to put there boats on there trailers and taking them off, now the thing was no 1 had the guts to have a go at her because she was wearing a water police uniform and in a water police boat, i can tell you that i will never put my boat in down there again but i will be going down there on a hot sunday afternoon just to watch the chaios and punch ups that will happen down there, typical national parks to stuff things up yet again, now i grew up in the area and spent much of my younger years down there every weekend sitting in the little shed as you enter and cruising around in the national parks and wildlife truck doing patrols, but what was once a good place to put ya boat in is now a place to avoid

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 2 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #2

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

now the thing was no 1 had the guts to have a go at her because she was wearing a water police uniform and in a water police boat

That's because Jumpus GooDarus wasn't there

You're never gonna stop the idiots @ ramps & it's very rare that they are bot there.

I did a goodarus dummy spit last week @ a couple, sitting in the que waiting to launch for 10 minutes or so & traffic wasn't moving @ all so hopped out the car to see what was going on.

2 car ramp & both lanes had car/trailer on them with no boats to be seen cause the boats were bogged on the sandbar some 100 meters or so away, I figured out one guys motor had broken down prob a 20 knot wind @ time & he had drifted onto the bar.

Then Super Idiot went to the rescue & bogged his boat as well so there were now 2 idiots bogged well I figured someone had to have reversed trailers down & yelled out Who owns these heaps of sh*ts ? then went to open the door on one of the cars to move it off the ramp.

Some tool then proceeded to tell me he wont be long & that I should be patient, patient my arse I said I'd allready been waiting 20 odd minutes & told him to wake up to himself & be a little more considerate yes he was the tool who belonged to the car.

Anyways by this time a whole heap of boats had started coming in cause of the wind & they to were abusing this tool who was not even attempting to move his car that's when I really did a dummy spit & told him to move it B4 I got really pissed off.

Not to mention by this time all the others in the queue were standing behind me having a go @ the goose & he had no choice but to move it mind you the other car belonging to the guy who went to help & also got bogged had left his headlights on so prob would've had a dead battery when he finally did manage to get his boat out.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Dec 2 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #3

*LaVistaBaby*

thats for sure jg, but ok u will always get idiots at the ramp but you wouldnt expect some thing so stupid and so dangerous from the water police

--------------------

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Fed
post Dec 2 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

You're right Huster, they have turned the best ramp in Sydney into a sh!t fight, I flatly refuse to go there on the weekends.
School holidays are starting soon too, NOT HAPPY.
How's the car going?

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Dec 2 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #5

*LaVistaBaby*

thats for sure fed, and as for the car, well i was meant to pick it up on the tuesday morning, but lucky i did a revs check on it on the monday morning and it came up saying that there is money owed on it, i asked around a few mates , 1 which is in the force and found out the finance company is looking for the car, so im staying away

--------------------

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Christos
post Dec 2 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Here's my two bob for those that can remember what that is.

I do not have a boat so I depend on uncle Majed for his boating prowest. dry.gif

We have been very lucky as all the times that I have gone out with Majed we have had no queue to worry about and it has been an all day boating experience. So when we return there is again no queue. We try not to go during the weekends and so weekends have been best time to go fishing.

And by the way you do not have to yell at someone in order to get your way. Your can ask a question as to what has happen and expect a reply. Would not be very common to get sent to jail for asking question.

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Dec 3 2007, 02:58 AM
Post #7

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Well Put Christos, a little bit of decorum can solve the problem an old Chi Nee man always said (you will catch more bees with honey).

Hustler, If I had been there I would have taken the name or number of the offending Person or vessel and written a nice letter asking for answers to my questions, One would be addressed to the Water Police one to the local Member,one to the National Parks and one to the State Premier. On the bottom of the letter I would list the names of the departments that copy of this letter was sent to.

Believe me I have done it before, you should see the excuses and apologies that come through, and you pick the best one and send a copy of original letter and the excuse and give them to the media, Believe me this practice will stop immediately and the next time you see them the boat will be out on the water or parked beside the ramp.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 3 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #8

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

I used to love useing my little old boat for that reason .

I remember a few times at the ramp at Batemans Bay , that ramp gets so packed i hated it . So i used to tow me boat down the oldies on the trailer than borrow the old mans box trailer & whack the boat on upside down just so i did'nt have to go through that crap .

I'd get back to the ramp , as usual it'd be packed .We'd glide in to the beach ,usualy last , pack all the stuff in the trailer & as we'd pack & rush about we could tell everyone was watching & thinking we're gonna jump que , you could see it on their faces . argue.gif

Then we'd just pick it up flip it over & whack it on the trailer without moving the car once & all bbefore the first blokes even thought about anything . Then they'd all smile & comment on how much better we had it .

Another pet hate of mine is the goob's who back down the ramp to the water before getting out & doing the straps & bung's & stuff .....man that cheese's me off !!! boxing.gif

I used to love sitting upstairs at the Fisho's & watch the chaos at the ramp after comp days , we'd sit there untill we ached from laughter . hysterical.gif

But then there were the times we'd have a slight stuff up & you just knew someone would be up there watching . :boat:

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Majed
post Dec 3 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #9

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Hey Benny...i now try and avoid going out on Sundays at it is utter chaos at the Revesby ramp...too many bloody idiots and too many bloody jet skis...they have stuffed up the ramps... mad.gif mad.gif

This park used to be great with 2 double boat ramps. I cannot for the life of me understand why they would remove 1 double ramp and still have the nerve to charge people $7 to use it. The park is only open from sunrise until sunset and is utter inconvenience. Some moron politician who has no idea about water sports must have thought he or she is a genius with the idea of removing the ramp. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Christos and I go out during the weekdays..we take the boat down at the Picnic Point boat shed with no hassles at all. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif But it is a different story on weekends..it is hectic and no parking to be found. mad.gif mad.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Dec 3 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #10

*LaVistaBaby*

i totally agree Majed,

im still trying to work out why they would take the 2nd ramp away. i can only come up with 2 possible reasons,

1stly , maybe some highly qualified uni degree consultant thought it would be a good idea to stream line things laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif , not to sure how that would be stream linning things since on sunday there was a npws worker at the gate and 1 in the car park with security drivving around the car park,

2ndly, maybe they did it because they know it would upset us fellow fishos and boaters and wanted us to all go some where else since i believe that npws main aim is to keep the public out as much as possible when it comes to national parks,

and why that place ever became a national park i will never know, it was much better when it was run by bankstown council,

--------------------

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Fed
post Dec 3 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #11

*Mr Shiny Head*

They didn't take the 2nd ramp away Hustler they only moved it, you'll see it if you have a look around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Majed
post Dec 4 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #12

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Fed @ Dec 4 2007, 11:50 AM) *
They didn't take the 2nd ramp away Hustler they only moved it, you'll see it if you have a look around.

Where did they move it to Fed?

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Fed
post Dec 4 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #13

*Mr Shiny Head*

The original ramp is now 4 lanes wide Majed, sort of stupid when they already had 2 double ramps with nice beach beside them all to pull up at. I suppose the centre lanes will get some use with people driving boats and jet skis on and off but what a waste for no apparent gains. They seem to have isolated the whole ramp area from the rest of the park where you can drive up around to the right but they could have just as easily blocked that off anyway. I for one would like to know why they did it, can you imagine how much it cost and we're paying for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Dec 5 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #14

*LaVistaBaby*

Fed Posted Yesterday, 07:46 AM
The original ramp is now 4 lanes wide Majed, sort of stupid when they already had 2 double ramps with nice beach beside them all to pull up at.

hey fed,

they have made it wider but i can tell you now that it will not be used as a 4 car ramp, last sunday with every one linning up , they only had 3 cars on the ramp, for fellow boaters to have 4 cars on there at once i think would be asking for way to much, alot of people like to beach the boat next to the ramp and walk there boat around to the trailer once its backed down , as for some strange reason a lot of boaters dont like to drive there boat on, personally last sunday i dropped my old man off at the pontoon and he went and got the car and backed it down there ramp while i slowly cruised in circles waiting for him to back it down the ramp and i just drove ma boat onto the trailer but in the hour that i was there, only 1 other boat drove theres on and that was another fisho, so i can almost gurantee that it will only be used as a 2/3 car ramp at any time and not a 4 car ramp,

sure maybe if every one who went down there was very experienced then maybe it could be used as a 4 car ramp and even then its still a very narrow 4 car ramp but 70% of the boaters down there really dunno what they are doing,

--------------------

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Fed
post Dec 6 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #15

*Mr Shiny Head*

I always winch my boat on so although it's a 4 lane ramp I'll only ever use the 2 outside lanes.
What is it with those jetski guys they all seem to suffer from the same brain defect?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Dec 6 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #16

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Aqua Cows!! haha... Tell you what, when i gets me a boat of my own ill be setting up the trailer just like jumpus's.. Very easy setup....

There have been plenty of time where i have actually said to people, Get out, Ill reverse it for you after watching them suffer and losing valuable sporting time..

It seems to be happening all over the place though, ramps are beeing modified and updated by people who have probably never towed a boat... They make them, look all pretty with gardens etc but remove all the parking and turning etc areas!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 6 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #17

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Majed @ Dec 5 2007, 12:01 AM) *
Where did they move it to Fed?

Majed upon Feds request & he got his way in the end the ramp was moved to Roselands !

Alot easier for Fed to get to his favourite fishing spot

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Dec 6 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #18

*LaVistaBaby*

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

only thing with fishing at roselands is sometimes you gotta be carefull what you catch, you never know what it might have Gumballs.gif Gumballs.gif

--------------------

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:36 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates