If you wish to Help Oz man Pay for the site
> No Fishscarer 2day
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 19 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Knew it with No Bees Knees today we were going to get sum fishy's cause there was nobody to scare them away laugh.gif

After last saturdays raging current things had to improve, heard a mate of mine had nailed a stickhead on munday so i ling ling him
Twas not munday but sunday he'd nailed a 150 kg blue came up dead after a 2 1/2 fight & they finished a long way sth with the current still raging they also picked up a couple of jellybean YFT that day around 8 kg mark.

Anyways Smelly came out 2day, along with TOOVLO & the Sheep Shagger but the Fish Scarer was nowhere to be seen laugh.gif

Small blacks were in very close last sunday as well so decided to drop lures into the water 2 miles short of the peak & run down to the close in FAD
Wun of the pro's then ling ling to tell us marlins were off coggee in close wun came swimming within 10 meters of his goat.

Pretty sloppy out there so we kept with original plan on the FAD guys were hooking up to baby mahi's of no interest to us, water was 25 deg on the FAD but with overcast sky hard to tell how good colour was 2b honest looked a bit greenish to me.

Ventured out to the plonk hole FAD did a few laps saw nut tings but water started looking blue & temp rose to 25.9 headed nth to 12 mile where we found striped tuna was running only a 4 lure spread & didn't want to run xmas tree's cause of the with so the stripy's decided to eat the skirted lures.

Worked them for a while then opted to go look on sum marks i've got on 100 fathoms found series of traps just short of 100 fathoms & opted to worm them all of us saw it 70 meters in front of the boat a monster Mahi jumping out the water good gues the 20 kg mark.

No luck raising him & the day was was looking dismal fish wise till I tracked back to FAD 2nd lap port rigger screams off fishing 24 kg outfits this thing was howling line of the reel 8kg of drag.

I dont stop boat upon hookup give crew time to clear deck wunce that is dun I back off, still no idea wot took lure & with no bend in rod i thought the worst bloody stickhead & he's spat the lure so got TOOVLO to crank in line.

Then rod starts bending again figured mahi or small YFT by now so boys got ready

Turned to be not a bad Mahi that went just 14 kg on the scales

Jumpus aint sirry he went no where near the back of the goat only wun hu stayed clean of blood stains & didn't get whacked by the lunatic fish laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 25)
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 21 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #21

His Eminance

Wot many fail to realise is that your boat is the best FAD out there it's wot attracts gamefish like mahi's

Ewe should've posted earlier

Was looking @ the goodarus SST's yesturday not the rubbish wuns, didn't bother looking @ water down your way

Pt Stephens will start going off like a bat out of hell on the 24th & week following for blacks/stripes

Cheap fuel day for those targeting Blues off Sydney dont have to travel far @ all

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jan 21 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #22

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

The best results I have had with Mihi is use a chrome plug long skinny and shiny
cast beyond the fad or cray float etc allow to sink till about 30 feet or so deep and then
wind like buggery ( stop winding when near the boat ) if no hookup .
A practice frowned upon these days is tethering the first caught, which keeps the
school around the boat, and thereafter jigging is successful.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 21 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #23

His Eminance

QUOTE (nimrod @ Jan 22 2011, 03:20 PM) *
The best results I have had with Mihi

Hey frank !

Is a Mihi a baby Mahi ???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 21 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #24

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Member No.: 30

Isn't a Mihi one of those cocktail drinks with an umbrella in it

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jan 22 2011, 02:34 AM
Post #25

Marlin

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 22 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Hey frank !

Is a Mihi a baby Mahi ???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

HaHa could well be mate oops.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 24 2011, 01:10 AM
Post #26

His Eminance

QUOTE (Sir Reel @ Jan 21 2011, 08:54 AM) *
Going to try to head out to the shelf on sun for some dolfin fish out of batemans bay.

Wot ewe ketch ????

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:54 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates