Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Samurai Sc 002
poly
post Jun 14 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #1

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

on my last trip to Greenwell Point i asked my very good friend Bob Russo to build me a new rod in the two to three kg class,it will be carrying my new reel a Daiwa Viento bait caster, this outfit will spend a lot of its life knocking around in the back of my 4b so it will need to be pretty tough to take the bumps and bangs it will get.
Bob suggested a SAMURAI SC002 if he could find one as they are on longer available it did take a few days to find, but he got one.
now to the build, the very best of fuji has been used to put this stick together .the rear cork has had a shrink rap placed over it to protect it when grabbing it from the rod holder plus i like the feel of it, the front grip has been coated with bees wax, the wax has a two fold role to play here one to protect the cork and two it improves grip.
what can i say about the runners other than this, the first striper is of the bubble footed type and the rest are single foot type bound with a grade black cotton and a single gold thread, the four grip bind has been done in a diamond patten again with a single gold thread and it looks very classy to say the least.
with the weather closed down here in CANBERRA I haven't much chance to use it yet all though Bob and i spent a afternoon on the water when i picked it up, to bad the fish didn't know i needed to test it on them
also this rod is the first one to be built on Bobs new rod lathe from Willsons at a cost of $700 Boby tells me it worth every penny so if u are thinking about a lathe have a look at the Willson, they are much cheaper than most of the others on the market.

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Jun 15 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #2

*The Dog Master*

Group: Members

Member No.: 17

I Like it rolleyes.gif

--------------------

The George Street Shuffle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 09:18 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates