> Styra Ba, Baitcastor
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 11 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Got asked if Viva had a Baitcastor in their range by sum wun here

Funny ewe should ask I said to him cause for the past couple of weeks I've had a doz of them sitting @ home playing around with the drag system trying to soop them up

Samples sent from the factory had alot to be desired with drags going jerky pulling just over 1 kg of drag

Rest of the reel was up to scratch though, very easy to pull apart & do maitanance on.

So the boys had carbon sheet flown in from the USA for me to play around with set out & made new drag washers with the 2 different grades of carbon

1st time I'd worked with the stuff & it was a goodarus learning expirience as it taught me alot.

Found with the courser stuff it's not suited to the low drag reels & is the go with reels suited to bigger drag pressures as it expnds & contracts with the force laid on it.

Drags did fair a tiny bit better with this stuff but not enough to warrant using it

The finner stuff did fair alot better & managed to get just over 2 kg of smooth drag out of it B4 it started to jerk

Took the reels back last week to show the boys & it was good to see that they weren't that impressed & taking their tackle importing alot more serious than when they 1st started out.

Think alot to do with that is that they've now gotten into fishing themselves & can finally understand wot peeps like myself have been trying to tell them for sum time now.

Anyways it twas back to the USA with sum more inquiries on the carbon & another sample sheet was sent over

Knocked up sum new drag washers whacked them into wun of the reels & even I was impressed

Pulling over 4 kg of smooth drag without a single bump very smooth indeed

Anything over that ewe were locking up the reel

We did set reels up on a few of the sample LOX baitcasting sticks [couple of them in pic below] & the reels performed nicely on them

Looks like the reels will be a go over here in Aust but the factory has to build drags to our specs standard reels aren't good enough

Below is a link to the reel itself with it's current specs

http://www.viva.com.cn/fish-reel-ba-en.htm

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
poly
post Feb 11 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #2

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

j.g.i saw this when i first looked at the specks and its a bit of a worry

Aluminium star drag/Plastic star drag

will the boys be bring in both Aluminium star drag and Plastic star drag reels ??????????

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 11 2010, 01:09 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Specs refer to the drag tightening up thingy

All the reels I pulled apart had alloy thingy's & that'll be wot they come out with

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 02:52 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates