IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) The Gallery Links Link Exchange Boat ramps

If you wish to Help Oz man Pay for the site
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rod For Flickin Lures Around, What would you get ?
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 3 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #21

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Googlefushy !

Geez ewe're a twit hysterical.gif

Ewe seem to parade around in your very own dream world completely ignorant to the styles other peeps fush

How many people do ewe think go around using barbless hooks on their lures ?????

Flucking NONE

So why bring it up ??????

I'm afraid you're grasping @ straws in a bid to justify your methods

I've said it B4 & I'll say it again

Jumpus dosen't enter debates he can lose

I dont put shit on tackle I've never used unless sum wun deserves a serve of my tongue with their bullashitta

Whenever I do a right up on gear that's given to me I dont hesitate to include any flaws I think that gear may have

No different to when I reply to a persons querry I access that persons capabilities as a fisherman when I give advice it helps cause quite a few here have fushed with me & the rest tis not hard to work out

Ewe on the other hand go off 1/2 cocked recomending gear you've never used & assuming every wun wants to fush like ewe

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 3 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #22

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 3 2010, 07:16 PM) *
How many people do ewe think go around using barbless hooks on their lures ?????

Flucking NONE

So why bring it up ??????

WRONG!

I personally know many people that use barbless trebles on their bream HB's and I have been doing so for many years. I don't lose many fish due to doing so because I back off the drag when fish come close to shore/the surface when they start to flap around and get in awkward positions. Used properly they rarely fall out and are good to use because they're easy to remove from both the fish and your fingers if you're unlucky enough.

I dont put shit on tackle I've never used unless sum wun deserves a serve of my tongue with their bullashitta

No different to when I reply to a persons querry I access that persons capabilities as a fisherman when I give advice it helps cause quite a few here have fushed with me & the rest tis not hard to work out

You have never fished with me or seen me fish. How can you know my fishing capabilities? From these forums? hysterical.gif

I also haven't put shit on any specific piece of tackle. What I've done is suggest some rods to take a look at (which is in fact complimentary).

The only thing I've put shit on is rod ratings. Oh, and by the way I HAVE used rods up to 5kg for bream and flathead and I didn't like them! Hence why I'm saying specifically for bream and flathead you will get a lot more out of a lighter rod.

assuming every wun wants to fush like ewe

Aren't you doing the exact same thing? It seems that if a person suggests a method differing to yours you immediately dismiss it. If not then that's what it seems like.

Even so, I'm merely suggesting methods, not criticising like you are.

When it comes down to it I don't care what rod he chooses or how he fights his fish, it doesn't affect me I'm just trying to help him out because I've been there and done that when it comes to flicking lures for bream etc.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 3 2010, 05:38 AM
Post #23

His Eminance

WRONG!

I personally know many people that use barbless trebles on their bream HB's and I have been doing so for many years.

Name wun on this site ??

You have never fished with me or seen me fish. How can you know my fishing capabilities? From these forums?

I've never Q'd your capacity to catch wittle fishys or be popular down @ 4sure rd hysterical.gif

Why I have a dig @ ewe is cause like I said ewe go off 1/2 cocked with your replys without tinking about wot your saying.

The only thing I've put shit on is rod ratings. Oh, and by the way I HAVE used rods up to 5kg for bream and flathead and I didn't like them! Hence why I'm saying specifically for bream and flathead you will get a lot more out of a lighter rod.

Again you're missing the whole point, this thread was started by Danial Sun he's never fushed with me but I've a very GooDarus idea of wot he's like as a fisho

Have seen his boat & the way he rigs his rods & have to admit Danial Sun I had a good laugh

I also know he's only just gotten into this SP'n thingamajiggy & is very much a novice @ it & here's ewe trying to fill his head up with info not suited to his style of fushing

Oh, and by the way I HAVE used rods up to 5kg for bream and flathead and I didn't like them! Hence why I'm saying specifically for bream and flathead you will get a lot more out of a lighter rod.

No he wont get more out of a lighter rod, when wun day he gets good enough & wants to spesialise then he may very well end up with a rod collection like mine until that day happens I think the 2 - 5 kg stick is best suited to him.

Ewe haven't used the LOX rods nor know anything about them & the original Q was about the LOX

Not a great deal of difference between the 1 - 3 kg & the 2 - 5 kg sticks [esp to a novice] in the tips so he wont lose a great deal of whip action if casting velly light lures, if he was to spool reel up with 2kg line then I'd say by all means go with a 1 - 3 kg stick irrellevant of brand but he's not going to do that.

Aren't you doing the exact same thing? It seems that if a person suggests a method differing to yours you immediately dismiss it. If not then that's what it seems like.

Nothing of the kind I'm picking on your methods cause they're far fetched & not suited to person asking the Q

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 3 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #24

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 4 2010, 12:38 AM) *
Name wun on this site ??

No one, but this site is tiiiiiiny (no offense). I can name a few from some other sites. If you want go to a place called breammaster.com. It's WA based but I've been a member for a while. The site is dedicated to breaming (with lures) and a lot of them use barbless trebles.

I've never Q'd your capacity to catch wittle fishys or be popular down @ 4sure rd hysterical.gif

Actually you did.

"Tis obvious to me that you're not as GooDarus as ewe make out 2B googlefushy & it's ewe who's laying on the Boo Shit

If ewe cant control & feel wot the hooked fushy is doing through your rod I'm afraid the gear you're using is CRAP or ewe just dont have the knack"

Regardless I don't care. I know I'm good because I've put in the hard yards to develop a way to successfully hook and land nice sized bream using lures on a consistent basis.

if he was to spool reel up with 2kg line then I'd say by all means go with a 1 - 3 kg stick irrellevant of brand but he's not going to do that.

Because you said so?

I think you give way too little credit to a lot of people here.

Seeing how he's fishing the Hacking I would think he would be using 1-3kg leader material. I certainly would be, not because of the rods rating but because Hacking bream are usually very wary because of the clean and clear water.

Nothing of the kind I'm picking on your methods cause they're far fetched & not suited to person asking the Q

Not really far fetched at all. Anyone can do it too, it's not hard to back off the drag a bit. As long as you have some sort of grasp on fishing gear and how it works (as I believe Dan does) then you can successfully back off the drag and land more fish that you'll lose. Why don't you try it first before dismissing it?

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Feb 3 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #25

the wizz kid

Member No.: 9

hey young flattie hunter ,have you been able to get any sense from these two yet ,,lol maybe you should ask somewhere else ,,,,jas hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
allways in the shit ,its just the depth that varies

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 3 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #26

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

Get a Shimano Lipstix Twerp, you're girlfriend will love you forever. hysterical.gif

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 3 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #27

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Feb 4 2010, 11:15 AM) *
No one, but this site is tiiiiiiny (no offense).

And ewll site that ewe visit like Sydney Angler not tinny huh

Wot a joke every 2nd reply there is

Ask Bla Bla Bla cause he's our sponsor

Wot a joke hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Esp that Iain F**kwit who banned me & I hadn't even posted there, I dont to kindly to people telling porkies & that F***kwit was sending out emails trying to stooge people into going on an Ambition Charter when the YFT were not around telling people they were.

I set him straight & he banned me, all via email not even Neil on Sportsfish was as bad as that arse Sucking Felcher

And ewe want to call this sight tinny ???

@ least here peeps are steered in the right direction

If you want go to a place called breammaster.com. It's WA based but I've been a member for a while. The site is dedicated to breaming (with lures) and a lot of them use barbless trebles

Get it through your thick head , nobody here is into that style of fushing so would anybody want to go there ???????

Lure fushing is only for a select few & only do it as a break from bait fushing it would be a boring practice to lure fish day in day out.

Not even going to reply to your other quotes they are tu stupid to warrant an answer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 4 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #28

*Mr Shiny Head*

Er, I think he said tiny not tinny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Feb 4 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #29

the wizz kid

come on guys now now ,,no more, we are all mates here ,,,jas

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 4 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #30

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 4 2010, 06:04 PM) *
And ewll site that ewe visit like Sydney Angler not tinny huh

Wot a joke every 2nd reply there is

Ask Bla Bla Bla cause he's our sponsor

Wot a joke hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Esp that Iain F**kwit who banned me & I hadn't even posted there, I dont to kindly to people telling porkies & that F***kwit was sending out emails trying to stooge people into going on an Ambition Charter when the YFT were not around telling people they were.

I set him straight & he banned me, all via email not even Neil on Sportsfish was as bad as that arse Sucking Felcher

And ewe want to call this sight tinny ???

@ least here peeps are steered in the right direction

What does SA have to do with anything? What does how Iain banned you have to do with anything? What does Ambition have to do with anything? What do sponsors have to do with anything?

I'm not an admin there, all I do is run comps. There a LOT of great blokes on that site, don't group the whole member base as one in a negative way from how one of them treated you (and I'm not surprised you got banned).

When I said this site is tiny I meant it's tiny numerically. It has just over 150 members and even fewer are active. Now, not that that's a bad thing BUT how can you say that nobody uses lures on bream from a site with so few members? Or in fact gauge anything when your basing everything from such a small site?

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 4 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Get it through your thick head , nobody here is into that style of fushing so would anybody want to go there ???????

Lure fushing is only for a select few & only do it as a break from bait fushing it would be a boring practice to lure fish day in day out.

Again wrong. Just.....wrong. How about ausbream? That's Sydney based and has over 2500 members. Sure, not all of them use lures, but it's focussed around the bream on lure scene.

There are a lot of bait fisho's out there but there are also a lot of people who use lures for bream near 100% of the time. To say it's only a select few as if there's only a handful of people who do it is just false.

What about all the ABT tournaments with their huge turn outs?

I've tried to be as polite as I can through out this whole debate but how the f*ck can you justify that comment? Because you don't use lures for bream, nobody does? Because you don't know anybody who uses lures for bream, none must exist? What a load of BS.

This thread has gone completely off course. Once again I'm done arguing with you and your bigoted mind set.

Dan, if you're still reading this then hopefully you can swing by for one of our overnighters and I can give you some hands on experience.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 4 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #31

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Feb 4 2010, 09:57 PM) *
What does SA have to do with anything? What does how Iain banned you have to do with anything? What does Ambition have to do with anything? What do sponsors have to do with anything?

I'm not the wun who opened this can of worms ewe were, when ewe called this site tiiiiiiny / tinny or wotever your intentions were

This may not be the worlds greatest site but here evllybody gets to say wot they want within a very lax reasoning without having their posts/threads deleted & the person banned

We may not have 1,000's of members either but who wants them if they never partake, I was actually surprised when I looked @ stats recently & saw how many partake here

All the sites you have listed run under Dicktakeship rule run by Hanibal Lectors who take pride in silencing their lambs.

Ambition ?????

Dont know the guy nor do I care to, all I can say about him is if he spent as much time tending to his charter as he does yap yaping on the VHF he'd catch alot more fish I have to turn the radio off cause he's all I hear.

There a LOT of great blokes on that site,

I'm pretty sure there is, no different to this site I've met quite a few here

and I'm not surprised you got banned

Let me tell ewe wun thing Googlefushy !

I dont tolerate Bullshit, I dont Bullshit on these forums & I definately dont like getting Bullshitted to, I'll have a go @ anywun who does so & wot that Iain idiot done was totally wrong, I may not be an Angel on forums but I'm down to earth & that's why I get banned from so many sites they cant handle the truth.

There are a lot of bait fisho's out there but there are also a lot of people who use lures for bream near 100% of the time. To say it's only a select few as if there's only a handful of people who do it is just false.

For a person who prides himself on having an education ewe dont read to good do ewe ????

I dont care about all the other sites or wot they get up to my concern is this site & it's members

I'm not the wun who started with barbless hooks etc etc all I've done in this thread which all started with Danial asking a simple Q

I was thinking of the new LOX rod from viva ? what size would you get and how much are they ?
e was nothing wrong with your 1st reply in this thread either quite good actually twas when ewe started with drags & hooks that I started on ewe

Ewe fail to grasp peeps like Danial are only bigginers @ lure casting

Because you don't know anybody who uses lures for bream, none must exist? What a load of BS.

Ewe really make me laugh Googlefushy hysterical.gif Ewe have no idea who I know or how full my tackle box's are of lures given to me by various co's to try out

Exept for the peeps on this site everybody I know uses lures & I get invited to fish with them on a regular basis but refuse cause I like fishing my own goats

I dont mind lure fushing but could not do it all the time I like to vary my angling options else I get bored

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Feb 4 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #32

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

I use 3-5kg rods for bream and flatties and have no problems catching them, I must be doing something wrong...

Catch, i think your problem and what jumps is trying to say is Get over the gear, get over what these web fishos have to say and all this you need this or that to catch a fish and so on.. Stop repeating shit you have read or heard and just say what you think from your experiences..

Mate it wasnt that long ago you were trying to tell us that the backbone of a rod is not important..

You can flick lures with any rod and catch a fish.. just depends on what you like..

Like i said, i use 2-5kg rods with 6lb/10lb on them and have no problems flicking lures for bream flathead or yella's and cod for that matter. Ive also got a few 2-4kg but do not use them as much.. Does that mean im crap or dont know what im doing? I spose so.. Cause i prefer to bait fish too.. I also find many rods dont have the correct line wieght marked on them and ya do better feeling arod for yourself and picking a line class for it.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 4 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #33

His Eminance

@ least sum wun here understands the points I've been trying to get across to Googlefushy hysterical.gif

Fushing is no different to anything else in life ewe have to KISS 1st

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Once you've learnt to catch Wittle Fishys, then ewe can go do wot ever ewe want & use wotever methods give ewe a 22.gif

Get over the gear, get over what these web fishos have to say and all this you need this or that to catch a fish and so on

Dont think Googlefushy has any idea how much gear I actually have @ my disposal & I'm not refering to just the Viva gear, think ewe've seen those racks in that wittle room @ my oldies place Spud ??

You'll find all sorts of ods in there Berkly dropshots , Daiwa spin sticks etc etc I just dont use them cause I liked my old Brownings & now the LOX are the go

I was @ the club last wednesday night & got hammered with Q's in regards to these rods, Arther from Fish Theorpy was wunof thoseguys & now stocks them after I kindly dropped off a set to him yesterday & I tld him exactly wot I'v ben saying here.

Dont try selling the 1 -3 kg sticks to biginers give them the 2 - 5 kg stick he totally agreed with me, a few of the boys were also there when I rocked up & loved the 1-3 kg stick but these boys also knew how to flick lures around

--------------------

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Feb 4 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #34

the wizz kid

hey jumpy ,sell him one of those wippy little rods ya bought up here that time ,,,ide have a dozen of those if i could afford them ,,,jas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 5 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #35

His Eminance

They were allright if ewe wanted to sling shot lures under snags but I gave all those rods away jason

They were toys esp compared to these new LOX rods

The full range & it's a big range as well will be in the shops in April

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Feb 5 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #36

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

hmmm I have read through this thread a time or two now and to me it comes down to this, how dose the rod and reel feel in your hand and dose it fulfill the claims made by its builder.
There are two rods in my rack that fit the type of fishing we are talking about in this thread, one a pacific compensate 2 to 5kg and would be classed as old fashioned and heavy by modem stander's yet this rod feels great in the hand and can be cast all day with out tiring, the reel used with this rod is a Daiwa TD-SOL 3000 and this reel coupled to the rod make for a very well balanced and powerful out fit, the other is a 003 samurai matched to a Daiwa Viento Twitchin Bar bait caster [I do not and will not recommend this reel to any one, not even a jap on Anzac day, it is a major pain in the bum to service and maintain]now were was I, oohhhh yes the rod it a ripper lots of grunt in the butt and yet able to cast weights from about 35 no up to about 90grams with out undue effort.
I have no idea if this helps or not, but it was fun to think over why i all ways seem to pick up one of these two outfits before any other, and there are others in the rack
Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
storms72
post Feb 5 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #37

Shark

Member No.: 393

Back on topic....
Buy what is going to make you happy quinnie and will also suit your purpose. The 2-5kg stick is a great allrounder for you and matched with a 2500 would work well on multiple species for bait or lure fishin. I would say the main reason for avoiding the 1-3kg stick is it limits the flexibility for your fishing-its great for throwing light lures and light jig heads but not suited to much else, also they being so light are easy to damage or break\. the heavier rod can easily be used for all estuary fish and on shallow reefs for kings and snapper-much better versatility 4 u!

I'v seen diawa/shimano/okuma and penn spin combos for under $200 @ my local tackle shop-do your homework, shop around and make sure you get a free spool of suitable braid/mono thrown in on the deal.

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 5 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #38

His Eminance

Now that we're back on the topic of rods I'll say it once again

There's very little difference between the different brands as long as ewe compare the same blanks

Daiwa , Shimano , Pflueger , Berkly etc etc all buy their rods from 2 or 3 Manufacturer's in China

Just Keep away from anything made in Taiwon those rods are Garbage

Wot Warrants the $ price tag on a rod is it's hardware guides, reel seats etc

I've never liked the Chi Nee Guides think they are rubbish, very brittle rings which break very easily that's why I was building my own rods sum time back

With these LOX rods well they have all the good fuji gear on them including the SIC guides so why bother building ??????

It's easy as storms said to go look @ some combo's to save a few $$'s but if $$'s aren't an issue then definately look @ the LOX gear it's up there with the best

They've copied rods like the nitro which retails for over $350 & the identical LOX rod retails for around $190

Now here's a bit of advice on a reel & again it's my view & wot I like in reels

I dont mind graphite [plastic bodied reels] on my 2 kg outfits but wont have them on 3 kg or bigger breaking strain lines as they tend to twist on the arm [part that sits in reel seat] not so much on small fishy's like brimski's , snapper or flathead.

But ewe get a 2 - 3 kg kungy , salmon etc etc fushy's that can go for wittle power bursts peeling line off the spool, then ewe will feel the reel twist esp if ewe grip rod like I do with 2 fingers under the reel seat.

For 3 kg & up I use the Alloy bodied reels & dont risten to anywun hu tries telling ewe these reels are to heavy & unbalance the rod

Every wun of my spin outfits are balanced velly nicely & you're prob only talking 100 - 200 grams difference between the graphite & alloy bodied reels

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 5 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #39

*Mr Shiny Head*

grip rod like I do with 2 fingers under the reel seat

You fish like a girly man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 5 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #40

His Eminance

QUOTE (Fed @ Feb 6 2010, 08:34 AM) *
You fish like a girly man.

Do I now, suppose ewe think I'm a mother huh ??????

Well next time I go fushing bow about ewe tag along & hold Mothers Dick so it dont get in my way hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:20 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates