Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Nereus Baitrunner
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 30 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Saw it a few months ago & liked it , container arrived last fliday & guess hu's got the 1st tu in oz ???????????? hysterical.gif

I do have the original nereus NT's but opted not to use them in favour of the Browning TB's I've been hammering for past couple of years

Now reason I didn't like the original NT's was because of the chrome plating on alot of the add on plastic bits they tended to tarnish very quickly.

I did have a bitch about that prob to the boys & on the new series 111 models all that chroming has been done away with & these new models look alot more spoofylacockassen in my view, also there's a nu look handle same as wots found on the brownings so no more corrosion attracting pivoting points like the old models.

Any wun looking for a good bait runner reel these are well worth looking @ esp with the low price tag they'll be wearing

Guess I'm gonna have to pull my finger out & go fushing now to see if the wittle fushys like them

Couldn't help myself considering I allready have a few of NM 60's in pic below but when I saw this wun in black is black

It sum how found it's way back to my place hysterical.gif

Those hu have read last few of my fushing reports are aware that 2 outfits went swimmy's over the side of the boat , wun was a new LOX rod with a CI spin reel on it that was Toovlo's doing & I wasn't very impressed cause those CI's were brought into oz just for me cause I asked for them.

2nd outfit that went swimies was my browning stick with a CD reel on it that was Rans doing he tried giving me a new rod but like I said to him I've no place left on the racks @ home to put it they're filled with the new LOX sticks.

Anyways peeps sum ting caught my eye there last week, a few CI reels that I didn't know existed & sum how like that NM 60 they found their way back to my place hysterical.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 30 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #2

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

[quote name='Jumpus GooDarus' post='23413' date='Jan 31 2010, 04:25 PM']Saw it a few months ago & liked it , container arrived last fliday & guess hu's got the 1st tu in oz ???????????? hysterical.gif

I do have the original nereus NT's but opted not to use them in favour of the Browning TB's I've been hammering for past couple of years

Now reason I didn't like the original NT's was because of the chrome plating on alot of the add on plastic bits they tended to tarnish very quickly.

I did have a bitch about that prob to the boys & on the new series 111 models all that chroming has been done away with & these new models look alot more spoofylacockassen in my view, also there's a nu look handle same as wots found on the brownings so no more corrosion attracting pivoting points like the old models.

Any wun looking for a good bait runner reel these are well worth looking @ esp with the low price tag they'll be wearing

Guess I'm gonna have to pull my finger out & go fushing now to see if the wittle fushys like them

Couldn't help myself considering I allready have a few of NM 60's in pic below but when I saw this wun in black is black

It sum how found it's way back to my place hysterical.gif

Those hu have read last few of my fushing reports are aware that 2 outfits went swimmy's over the side of the boat , wun was a new LOX rod with a CI spin reel on it that was Toovlo's doing & I wasn't very impressed cause those CI's were brought into oz just for me cause I asked for them.

2nd outfit that went swimies was my browning stick with a CD reel on it that was Rans doing he tried giving me a new rod but like I said to him I've no place left on the racks @ home to put it they're filled with the new LOX sticks.

Anyways peeps sum ting caught my eye there last week, a few CI reels that I didn't know existed & sum how like that NM 60 they found their way back to my place hysterical.gif

sweet looking bit of kit, can't wait to try one of the CI"s on a good size cod

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jan 30 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

MMM, nice... Absolutlylove my Browning TB30 so wont be updating it for now.. but they do look good..

Still havnt used the CD yet, ive loadedit upwith some braid and gonna use it for flicking COD lures and heavier plastics down south.. Still havnt decidedon a rod to put it on yet, something in graphite in the 5-10kg area me thinks..

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jan 30 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

I have had the series 11 for a while and havent had any problems with any of them yet.
I have 1x 20 1x 30 and 2x 40's .
I have them mainly for loaner gear and have them mounted on Shakespear rods, haven't really put them through their paces yet
on actual fish but they performed OK on the simulator.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 30 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #5

the yack man

I have 1x 20 1x 30 and 2x 40's???????????????????????????????????

you have lost me Frank

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 30 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #6

His Eminance

QUOTE (Rumpus @ Jan 31 2010, 05:18 PM) *
MMM, nice... Absolutlylove my Browning TB30 so wont be updating it for now..

Identical gearing & internals as the Nereus Spud, only difference between the two is the name & outside appearance

There was only wun ting I never liked about the browning TB's , opposite side to bail arm roller is an uneccessary bit that sticks out & line does 1/2 hitch itself on the pretruding edge

something in graphite in the 5-10kg area me thinks..

Haven't arrived yet but there is a 4 - 7 kg stick arriving soon in the LOX series the blank is awsum loved it's action it will look like the other LOX spin sticks unless ewe buy it from Complete Angler.

Will be the same blank but with more of a Retro Looking winch/grips etc really looks SpoofyLaCockassen

That rod will be marketed under the Browning Badge

I have had the series 11 for a while and havent had any problems with any of them yet

And ewe never will have probs Frank unless it's that tarnishing of the chrome plated plastic bits I spoke of earlier, just makes the reel look not the best aftere a fair bit of usage.

I've pulled apart alot of different brand reels over the years & these nereus's are childs play so easy to service esp when ewe compare them to the shimano BT's those reels are a pain in the butt.

Here's the GooDarus news on the new series 111

Depending where they're sold retail price will be around the $80 mark

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 30 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

QUOTE (poly @ Jan 31 2010, 06:19 PM) *
I have 1x 20 1x 30 and 2x 40's???????????????????????????????????

you have lost me Frank

Dont Wally poly

I've found ewe hysterical.gif

Numerals denote the model no of the reels, moreso the spool cause the 20 & the 30 both have same body different sized spools

The wuns I put in pics are the NT 35's same body as the NT 20 which I would've prefered for brimski fushing but when I held the 2 models side by side decided to go with the 35's

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 30 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #8

the yack man

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 31 2010, 06:32 PM) *
Dont Wally poly

I've found ewe hysterical.gif

thank heavens for that

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 01:21 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates