Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lox Rods
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 21 2009, 01:23 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

That Fairy Princess called Mr Shiny Head waswhining about seeing these new toys.

Only got the 6 - 10 kg stick today the others I got last week including the 2nd KUNGY Stick

The KUNGY sticks are 6ft long & pack some punch rated 15 - 37 kg reckon they'd be a hoot on YFT they're also a 2 piece rod & detatch @ the front hyperlon, longeer popping versions will lock straight in saves having to re-mount the reel.

The LOX sin rods ???????

Well they're selling like hot cakes air frieghted over as soon as they're built as it takes 3 months by ship

1-3 kg & the 2 - 6kg are available but I've got wun of only few, 6- 10 kg sticks stock wont be available till next year sum time
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1a.jpg ( 99.78K ) Number of downloads: 44
Attached File  ab.jpg ( 59.81K ) Number of downloads: 30

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Dec 21 2009, 03:53 AM
Post #2

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Dec 21 2009, 08:23 PM) *
That Fairy Princess called Mr Shiny Head waswhining about seeing these new toys.

Only got the 6 - 10 kg stick today the others I got last week including the 2nd KUNGY Stick

The KUNGY sticks are 6ft long & pack some punch rated 15 - 37 kg reckon they'd be a hoot on YFT they're also a 2 piece rod & detatch @ the front hyperlon, longeer popping versions will lock straight in saves having to re-mount the reel.

The LOX sin rods ???????

Well they're selling like hot cakes air frieghted over as soon as they're built as it takes 3 months by ship

1-3 kg & the 2 - 6kg are available but I've got wun of only few, 6- 10 kg sticks stock wont be available till next year sum time

Do Complete Angler stock Viva rods ? I wouldn't mind having a look at one of those 6-10kg rods.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Dec 21 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Twoeyesea

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,659

Pretty sure they do Frank... They are nice rods super.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 21 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #4

His Eminance

Complete Angler are prob wun of the biggest stockist of viva gear

BUT ewe wont find the viva tag on the gear

Complete Angler have done a deal with viva & have sole rights to use the name Browing similar to wot Bass Pro have done over in the USA

I wouldn't mind having a look at one of those 6-10kg rods.

Not till next yeah Frank & Comple angler will be the 1st I think to have these rods as they put their order in 1st

Looking 4ward to using mine did spool it up with sum 8kg line, had also remade the drag on it's reel replacing it with leather so diod sorta give rod a bit of a work out bedding in the new drag

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Dec 21 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Marlin

Member No.: 1,004

I will grab one and put it through my simulator and will let you know what I think of them.
Not that my opinion would mean anything.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Dec 22 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #6

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

The light 1-3kg ones are nice. They're selling so well because they've been labelled as Nitro's at around 2/3 the price.

There are some models that aren't as good, though.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 22 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

It's quite amusing reading sumof the feedback on the rods wun of the sales peeps @ viva googled it up for me to read.

Googlefushy your reply here gave me a very good luffy wuffy hysterical.gif

They're selling so well because they've been labelled as Nitro's

Obviously ewe've never held wun in your hands cause there's no reference to the Nitro rods labelled on the LOX rods wotsoever but I'll cut ewe a wittle leeway cause your comment could be read differently.

Salespeeps in tackle stores are aware the LOX is a rip off from the Nitro & are using that info to boost sales

The rods are identical in all aspects &I did a thread on them ages ago back when only the sample LOX was in oz they load the same look the same & could only tell them apart cause the Nitro had it's stickers

This is the comment that got me hysterical.gif

There are some models that aren't as good, though.

How could that be so when up till a week or so ago only the 1 - 3 kg stick was available ?????????

If ewe read my original post in this thread I also stated that & that the only other wun avail was the 2 - 6kg

Even the 6 - 10 kg stick nimrod was asking about in the pics are not avail & I'm not even supposed to have the wun I have & if it's needed to show off to customers I have to take it back till stock arrives

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Dec 22 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #8

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

QUOTE (nimrod @ Dec 22 2009, 11:10 AM) *
I will grab one and put it through my simulator and will let you know what I think of them.
Not that my opinion would mean anything.

Let us know Frank cause i want to buy one too smile1.gif

What reel are you thinking of putting on it ?

This post has been edited by flattie_hunter: Dec 22 2009, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Dec 23 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #9

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

MM, must agree, seen em in the flesh today, Even got to load em up on a goodarus fushy and test em out, however the catch was a throw back!!

But, Very Very Nice rods, along with some of the other gear coming out... Cant wait to get my hands on one of the kingy/heavy spin rods!! Awesome bits of gear!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 2 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #10

His Eminance

Was out for a fush yesterday & wun of the Viva boses was out with us

Gave him heaps about the LOX rods jumping out of boats & not being able to float esp when Toovlo is on board hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Anyways turns out that nearly the full fange of tese rods are now available

1 - 3 kg spin
2 - 5 kg spin
3 - 6 kg spin

Not sure about the 6 - 10 kg

There's various lengths as well 6 1/2 ft - 7 1/2 ft

Also those Kungy sticks are in & selling quite well for the short time they've been on the shelves

I'm going up 2morro to replace my lost 1-3 kg & maybe grab wun of the other sticks I dont have.

And also to re-stock on those Yoshi squid jigs cause Paul lost a few f mine yeserday says the weed kept taking his hysterical.gif

Looks like I get that 7ft jig/poping stick as well they're not going wih he electric blue hypalon & opted for sum ting darker told him it would go well with my new new bootys now I have matchng colours hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 3 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

Went & visited my favourite tackle store 2day to replace my lost 1-3 kg sticky rolleyes.gif

Well that was the plan & to pick up sum squiddy jigs

Came home with ?? A bit more than I intended

Wot a Bitch cause now I've got to re-arrange the rod racks to make them fit

Ended up with a pair of the 1 - 3's & thought I'd try out the 2-5 kg stick as well hadn't seen this wun yet & it was good to see it was brought in as a bait rod & not labeled spin rod.

My personal taste would've liked it to have had a longer butt [ those who've used my rods know the way I like bait rods set up] but this stick has ample butt to fit in any rod holder.

Grips are cork but again just my taste after using cork on my existing bait rods would've liked to have seen these in just plain hypalon
I use pilly's & scales like clinging to cork that's all easy to wash off

Did have a play with the 3 - 6 kg spin but left it behind for now as stock hasn't arrived, slighty different action to the other sticks & I liked it alot copied more from the Mega Bass rod I spoke of sum time back

Last but not least grabbed another of the LOX Kungy sticks only because the 2 I have were samples & didn't have the LOX stickers on them prob grab another as well cause when the sample rods come over they dont the fuji hardware on them & I'm not a fan of the chi nee guides

I also opted to wait for stock to arrive B4 grabing that 7 ft jig/popping rod, the wun tha matched my bootys they have been ordered with Red hypalons to match the LOX colours.

After doing all that I had to harry holt back home & make a new drag for the CD 7500 reels I spoke of elsewhere they had been ordered but a holt was put to that order cause drags weren't up to scratch, took my CD up today & it impressed all who had a wank on the rod

Whoops that should've read Yank not wank rolleyes.gif

Reel I remoded today is going back to china thurday with the boys who are going over for 3 days to celebrate Viva's 10th birthday & I told them to bring me plenty of goody's cause it's their B'day hysterical.gif

I'd like to be presnt when drags are fitted to reels in case of any balls ups so looks like drag washers will be punched out in china & assembled here
Attached File(s)
Attached File  lox.jpg ( 72.68K ) Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  lox1.jpg ( 83.24K ) Number of downloads: 26

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 4 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #12

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

Everytime we catch up you make me pull on your rod then yell at me, "Harder, harder, more more!"
What's that all about?
I laughed yesterday, the drag was jerking then the line broke & you looked like a stunned mullet.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 4 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #13

His Eminance

Why did the line break Fed ??????????

Had nothing to do with the drag

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 4 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #14

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

I think it broke because it was all hairy like string.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 4 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #15

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 5 2010, 07:58 AM) *
Everytime we catch up you make me pull on your rod then yell at me, "Harder, harder, more more!"
What's that all about?
I laughed yesterday, the drag was jerking then the line broke & you looked like a stunned mullet.

I think it broke because it was all hairy like string.

omg_smilie.gif Gumballs.gif Just WHAT were you two doing yesterday!!!! I'm scared to go fishing with you Fed.

+Quote Post
Seafairy
post Jan 4 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #16

Jewfish

Member No.: 3,114

KK .. don't worry they were doing it in the driveway hysterical.gif wink_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 4 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #17

His Eminance

QUOTE (kkw @ Jan 5 2010, 11:39 AM) *
I'm scared to go fishing with you Fed.

Wear heavy duty Sunglasses in triple XXX else ewe'll go blind the reflections off Mr Shinny Head are Blinding hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

KK .. don't worry they were doing it in the driveway

I'll fis ewe up Gumballs hysterical.gif

Hey guys ! any of ewes ever seen a Seafairy pissed ?????

I did hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Those interested in reading a bit more data on these rods Oz site is finally going Intro page link below just click the tabs for the various rods

Not all are listed as they haven't arrived so guess ewe guys got a sneak peak @ a few

http://www.vivafishing.com.au/lox.htm

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 5 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #18

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Dec 23 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Obviously ewe've never held wun in your hands cause there's no reference to the Nitro rods labelled on the LOX rods wotsoever but I'll cut ewe a wittle leeway cause your comment could be read differently.

Salespeeps in tackle stores are aware the LOX is a rip off from the Nitro & are using that info to boost sales

The rods are identical in all aspects &I did a thread on them ages ago back when only the sample LOX was in oz they load the same look the same & could only tell them apart cause the Nitro had it's stickers

Duh, of course that's what I meant. Why on earth would a company mention another company by name on their product? I've seen the LOX rods plenty of times, and I ALMOST bought one but I wanted something a tad heavier and stiffer than the 1-3kg model.

Every salesman in the stores immediately tells the potential buyer that they're almost copies of Nitro's, hence trying to get a sale.

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Dec 23 2009, 09:42 AM) *
How could that be so when up till a week or so ago only the 1 - 3 kg stick was available ?????????

If ewe read my original post in this thread I also stated that & that the only other wun avail was the 2 - 6kg

Even the 6 - 10 kg stick nimrod was asking about in the pics are not avail & I'm not even supposed to have the wun I have & if it's needed to show off to customers I have to take it back till stock arrives

I've seen more than just the 1-3kg in person. I don't really like the jig stick and was not impressed by the 5kg rod - I was taken back when I read the specs because I thought it was 10kg based on how thick and chunky the blank was.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 5 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Wot can i say Googlefushy exept Me Tinks ewe are amazing hysterical.gif

1stly only the 1-3kg stick is a copy of the Nitro none of the others are

2ndly the so called jig stick is also a live bait stick & your the 1st person that I've heard of that dosen't lke it

3rdly the 2 - 5 kg stick is a bait stick not a spin stick it's even got snappe rod written on the sticker

Next time dont be in such ahurry to pass judgement on things you've never used or know about

You've never seen me do that & I think I know a hell of a lot more about tackle than ewe do

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 5 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #20

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 5 2010, 09:43 PM) *
Wot can i say Googlefushy exept Me Tinks ewe are amazing hysterical.gif

1stly only the 1-3kg stick is a copy of the Nitro none of the others are

2ndly the so called jig stick is also a live bait stick & your the 1st person that I've heard of that dosen't lke it

3rdly the 2 - 5 kg stick is a bait stick not a spin stick it's even got snappe rod written on the sticker

Next time dont be in such ahurry to pass judgement on things you've never used or know about

You've never seen me do that & I think I know a hell of a lot more about tackle than ewe do

1st I never said any of the rods other than the 1-3kg were copies of nitros.

2nd Whatever you call it, I don't really like it. Mainly because of the length of the foregrip. Honestly I don't care what the manufacturer says the rod's designed for, I decide what the rod would be best for based on how it feels in my hand and its specs.

3rd I was talking about the 5kg model, not the 2-5kg model. To it's defence, it is a travel rod, but let's just say I've seen much better travel rods.

What I will check out is the 2-5kg rod, I haven't seen that rod YET and am looking for a 5kg rod with a bit of length.

Also, I know you have more experience with tackle than I do. I don't contest that. HOWEVER, I feel that I know enough to make my own decisions and I stick by what I think and say. The initial look and feel of a rod is very important in my opinion, especially relatively new rods like these. That's what makes people buy them, you rarely get to try before you buy. I'm also pretty sure you're affiliated with Viva, what what you say may be a lil' bit bias. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Jan 5 2010, 03:23 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 10:04 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates