Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 12 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Knackered again must be getting to old for this fushing thingy laugh.gif
Report later just a few pics for know

Was telling the boys I knew what I was doing tongue.gif And they saids CHOOKS ! laugh.gif laugh.gif

So Jumpus Had to show these Yung Fulla's who was the Master & who were the Grasshoppers laugh.gif laugh.gif

The Marlins

The Tag Pole

Swiming the life back into it with a happy ending when it's tail started moving after which off it went on it's merry way to tell his mates Jumpus was back laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boris
post Apr 12 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #2

Jewfish

Group: Members

Member No.: 737

wow... jumpus,,
you are the mannn...
welldone...

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Apr 12 2008, 04:18 AM
Post #3

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Jumpy. Well done mate.
What did you estimate it at.
Looking at the photo I would put it at around 55 kilo.
Nice little fish.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 12 2008, 04:43 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Photo's do it no justice Frank but I'll post better ones later

estimated by all on boat exept me @ over 100 kg

My safe estimate was 85 kg

Bunyip Man took the pics & think I've spoilt him not to many get to be part of a triple hookup on their 1st marlin outing it was Mayhem on the goat & some bugger was gee'n up some kiwi's on the radio making sheepish noises when the kiwi's also got a beaky.

Mate has been trying to christen the boats for 15 years now with a 1st Billfish & I got to do the honours.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 12 2008, 04:53 AM
Post #5

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

I must say well done.

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 12 2008, 07:00 AM
Post #6

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

well done jumpus

wow what a fish i bet that would have put a BIG fight

i bet its a big differents to catch a 40cm bream one day and then the next morning get a 80kg + marlin smile.gif

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Apr 12 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #7

*Tooth Fairy*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,553

Well done Jumpy.

Just as well you don't like to eat fush. biggrin.gif BTW, what would marlin taste like?

We'll hear all about it at the Club today.

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Apr 12 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

Nice prize there Jumpy. Congrats smile.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
Majed
post Apr 12 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #9

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

What a fish to catch........
Well done Jumpy...that would have been fun..... smile.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 12 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #10

the yack man

Member No.: 4

i say good show old chap, hhmmmmmm must say thats a funny looking tin boat u have there hope u didn't get any glass in ya a%s hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

dam i am jells good onya mate biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Apr 12 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #11

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

Great fish JG, i called it for 90kg when i saw the photo. Looks like a nice healthy Stripe.
Well done
More info on the triple hook up, what happened to the other two?
Damn i wish i went now, i knew it was a perfect forecast for it!!!
Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 12 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #12

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Awesome Jumpy..

Whoose boat and who did you have onboard?

Hope the bunyip enjoyed the trip!!!

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 12 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #13

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

oh boy was it legal .......i would of been eaten for a month ...bad luck i wasnt there but im sure marlin was better off not ...hahahah good opics looks like ya all had a ball .....thats what lifes all about....

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 12 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #14

the yack man

Member No.: 4

.thats what lifes all about....

u got that wright dave

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
salty fil
post Apr 13 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #15

*Suretus Anus*

Member No.: 2,582

Great stuff Jumpy. Im jealous of the other bloke. First time and he sees 3 hook ups! You took me for my first time last week and we got bugger all!!!
Congrats mate!

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 13 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #16

*Bunyip Man*

Member No.: 2,565

Will tell you guys what.. I was spewing after the adrenaline wore off.

Not only did I miss the third hookup cause I didn't realize it was on my side of the boat and I was already busy winding in the port outrigger, I missed Jumps calling out to me to take the bloody rod from him and get my first marlin

Still a top day out though, the marlin tail walking side by side was spectacular and it was a great day to be out on the water once again.

Props to Jumpy for getting me out there on my second weekend in Oz! Definitely wet my appetite for getting one of those buggers for myself.

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 13 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

OK guys see if can reply to a few of your comments then sit back & see if I can best describe the day as it was one of some very good laughter not to mention a great day to be on the water.

poly

i say good show old chap, hhmmmmmm must say thats a funny looking tin boat u have there hope u didn't get any glass in ya a%s

Well poly I have to admit I was getting the Hebee Gebee's & velly jealous when I saw a tinny like mine out there backing down on some flatheads they'd hooked on handlines

xtosea

You missed a great day

Rumpus
Awesome Jumpy..

Whoose boat and who did you have onboard?

Hope the bunyip enjoyed the trip!!!

Was having a bitchfight with Jimbooky over who's boat to take & spewing we did not have mine cause I would've had the video camera setup to have recorded the triple hookup, we went out on Jim's goat.

CATCH22

oh boy was it legal .......i would of been eaten for a month ...

@ least a weeks worth of fish there but you would've only started crying when I let it go laugh.gif laugh.gif

Salty

Great stuff Jumpy. Im jealous of the other bloke. First time and he sees 3 hook ups! You took me for my first time last week and we got bugger all!!!

Triple hookup Phil
By that I mean we had 3 marlins all hooked up @ the same time not to mention the other marlin which were present still trying to eat lures being retrieved.

Oh yes we had a school of them behind the boat

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 13 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #18

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Nice work there Jumpy! Did you land the fish or was it a combined effort? What happened to the other two? What happened! I wanna full report, leaving out no detail. biggrin.gif super.gif :thumbs_up: worship1.gif clapping hands.gif

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Apr 13 2008, 01:55 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 13 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Report time guys !

Some of you may allready know, The user name Jumpus GooDarus is my latin name for Marlins a species that follow my boats around to no end, with no shortage of them over the years.

Over the years a pretty accurate restimation tells me that nearly 40 anglers have nailed their 1st Marlin aboard one of my boats but yesterday was the 1st time Jumpus had left the drivers seat for around 10 years to actually pick up a rod.

Any mug can reel in a fush is my motto all you have to do is turn the handle, it's the skipper & a good crew who determine wheather the fish gets landed.

Yesterday was a rare exeption not my boat but I was still behind the wheel, perfect day weatherwise around 10 .30 am starboard outrigger let fly breaking the rubber band with ratchet screaming for 5 seconds same as week B4 dropped fish strike but no hookup.

With all eyes aft a 2nd Marlin was seen zooming in on port rigger by then I'd left the wheel to wrap a new rubber band onto my rod to get it back onto the rigger.

Well peeps didn't all hell break loose @ that moment we had Marlins everywhere chasing every lure in the pattern, Shotgun was 1st to get a solid hookup Alex was on & prob the biggest fish of all

Then port transom goes screaming off Jimbooky was on 80 lb standup tackle

A couple of seconds later my rod screams.

With 3 solid hookups now on & Marlins tailwalking left right & centre I was yelling to Bunyip Man to come take my rod so as I could clear the deck & get back to the wheel but there was another Marlin chasing the lure back o0n port rigger the one he was trying to wind in, talk about mayhem on board.

Bunyip Man managed to get port rigger rod in without marlin eating lure then Jimbooky's Marlin spat the hooks so it was only Alex & myself still hooked up & our fish were sreaming line off.

You guys should try hanging onto a 24kg outfit standup with no rod bucket or girdle on tongue.gif that's when the fun started & again I yelled out to Bunyip Man to come get my rod as I was more interested in taking the pics than turning a handle but Bunyip was hiding laugh.gif

Marlins started crossing paths so it was under Alex then around him etc I went to avoid a tangle meanwhile Bunyip & Jimbooky were clearing the deck.

Gear in time to settle down & start fight the fush when Alex's fush spat the hooks by this time Jumpus's jewels were getting velly sore without a rod bucket, Alex's fish had peeled 300 + meters of line from the spool & it took him some time to get it in, meanwhile my jewels were not getting any happier & no way this Marlin was giving me a stiffy laugh.gif

@ last a rod bucket & girdle for Jumpus & we could get down to buisness of boating the fush, until someone hit the throatle to hard & think Bunyip will confirm Jumpus very nearly went head 1st over the transom I did well to stay on board & if those who attended the getogether wondered what happened to my voice today ???

Well I had done alot of screaming on that Marlin telling crew what I wanted done 1/2 hr later finally colour & double came into view, I rig my lures with 600lb mono & the traces are 20 ft long more screaming finally got Jimbooky to engage motor into gear & sit on 800 revs as I had no idea if the Marlin was going to play up @ the boat.

Trace in Alex's hands the fush came in peacefully I was concerned it was near death whilst removing the hooks so we swam it by it's bill till we got movement in it's tail & a bit more life came into it then it was released into the deep & I was happy as I dont like seeing billfish killed.

Jimbooky's boat was finally christened

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 13 2008, 03:14 AM
Post #20

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Now I see what happen and the way you told the story was excellent. I got the feeling that I was really there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:01 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates