> Total Amount Of Members And Active Members
hustler57
post Jan 15 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #1

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

hello fellow people

was just wondering, how many members has this site got ? and how many of those members are active or make reg posts ?

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Jan 15 2010, 05:07 AM
Post #2

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

i wouldnt have a clue around 500 maybe ? :S and 30 active .. i got no idea

The forums have been more active over the last few days i noticed

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 15 2010, 05:14 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Sats are @ the bottom f main page

152 members

I cull the list every so often

For it's size we prob have more chat here than sites with 1000's of members

I'd say it would be safe to Cull another 100 of the members here & it wouldn't make a difference cause they haven't logged on for 12 months or so & dont think they ever will but I'll leave them there for the time being.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 15 2010, 05:22 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

QUOTE (flattie_hunter @ Jan 16 2010, 12:07 AM) *
i wouldnt have a clue around 500 maybe ? :S and 30 active .. i got no idea

Nope !

Good guess it's only about a dozen active members Danial

I'm seriously thing about closing certain forums like fishing reports only accesable to members only cause we have a hell of alot of lurkers out there

This will also give me a good indication if i decide to cul the members list.

Unlike al the other forums stats on this site are accurate & true they Dont tell Porkys

I've noticed on other sites they'll show large no's of peeps viewing the site & it's not true hey keep stats over a wun or Tu hr period giving a false illusion that that site is bus.

I find wun of the best indicators of how a site or thread is travelling is to look @ how many views that thread has had, we've got a few big wuns here may not be alot of replays bu the views tell the story

Here it's every 15 minutes & new stats are displayed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 15 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #5

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

Cull the dead members and lock up some of the forums would encourage people to join then login and get involved.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jan 15 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #6

The Guru

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

I'm seriously thing about closing certain forums like fishing reports only accesable to members only cause we have a hell of alot of lurkers out there

If you want I can make a simply script that only allows the Guests or lurkers to see the first post in any topic and thats it.
So even if they are a member trying to look they will need to log in not just lurk.

And if people want the true stats on this site they can only be gotten from the server which I run.

eg members 152 with 143 unquie ip addresses
active in past 12 hour 9 members ip
active in past 30 days 14 with unquie ip.
visits by unquie ips 712 in last 24 hours ( which means people look and don't join, plus web spiders which we have the biggest hits from , which if you look at online and see guest with ips address 66.1---------- well that is google..

And to be straight I told Jumpus where we sit on that SEO , which is rather high.

sorry forgot these stats
Topics 1136
Posts 15027
Uploads
131.64 mb
attachments 232.36mb

See it not the amount of members but the activatie of the members that gets the higher seo in page listing for Google and Yahoo and the the big search engines .
What I would like to see is this site at about 500 members and then turn it off and make it by invitation only to register , not like others that have 10000 members plus but in actual only have 100 active.
Give me 100 active and 400 partly active and I would be a happy admin.
I know these from my other sites and from sites that I admin for, I have 3500 members on 1 site and actual is 72 members active all the rest are just leechers and Jumpy knows what site I mean.
So size is one thing active posting is more important.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 16 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #7

*Mr Shiny Head*

Those numbers sure do tell a story Ozman.

members 152 with 143 unquie ip addresses

Does that mean we have a few members with more than 1 username?

So we get about 700 leeches a day, all these people looking at me... YIKES!
Get off you perverts!

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jan 16 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #8

The Guru

what it means is
1) there is members from the same ip address but only 9 of them.
2) we get alot of hits from google, yahoo, ask jeeves, jayde, entireweb just to name a few that hit this site at least 10 to 20 times per day via their bot crawlers.
This means they see the sight always changing and that is good.
At present go to google and type this

fishingozstyle we should come up at page 1 no 1
fishing oz we should come up as page 1 no 8

Why do you think I get about 5 sites asking per day to be linked to us, from car repair to food stores as I have the seo hitting us ,just have a look in the link exchange file and see how many.
The only poor part is we are not real good on Alexa ranking, but I don't care about that.

What I would like to see is active member and more of them.
It might sound strange but even a simple tutorial on knots or sinker making can bring us more amd more visitors and this makes it possible for more members.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jan 16 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #9

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

To be active or to be active.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 16 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

QUOTE (oz man @ Jan 16 2010, 09:07 AM) *
If you want I can make a simply script that only allows the Guests or lurkers to see the first post in any topic and thats it.
So even if they are a member trying to look they will need to log in not just lurk.

Yeah we had that B4 oz & I thought it was good

BUT I was up @ Mr Shinny Heads place & the twit kept winging that I should shut certain forums to peeps who aren't members or logged on.

After thinking about it think Mr Shinny Head has a valid point I know for a fact we get alot of Lurkers from other sites here who dont register or log on never posted nor ever have intentions of doing so.

Without try to sound big headed about it & ewe Oz know very well I can either kill a thread or make it into boomer by just saying wot I have to say I've done this on every board I've ever been on

Whether ewe luv/hate Jumpusthink he's a genious or wanker it's all irrellevant cause peeps are allways curious to see wot I'm up to & have to say here & on any other sie I've ever posted on just look up threads I'd posted in & see how many views those threads had.

SFF was a classic for that the moment I posted sum ting within 5 minutes that thread had anything up to 20 extra views

Think just showing the initial post in a new thread wont do the trick cause the initial post has any pics & the report in it, I allways used to use the IMG option & host my pics on their server, then I started using attachments on this server only cause I wanted peeps to log on to view pics.

Now if ewe can write a script that shows all threads BUT wont allow access o them unless logged in then that I will be happy with

Now if ewe can

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 16 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #11

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

I tell you I'm here !!!!!!!!!!! or at least i think i am here ?????????????? will i leave, ,,, most likely , but I will come back that I promise, HMMMMMMMMMMMM Did I spell that wright, were is that Doug when i need him, ooooohhhhhhh sorry he belongs to another site, now if I may ask why cull non posters??????????????????????? may be just name and shame them as lurkers, PRAWNSTAR respond please, this is a double dear

Paul

poke.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jan 16 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #12

The Guru

I have no intention of removing even 0 posting members.
And Jumpy that is already available in the admin panel under permissions or is in the main script config section but it is there just not activated.
It requires all to logged in otherwise all they see is the first screen and all forums as protected.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Jan 16 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #13

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

What about you have to join the forum and make atleast 10 post before you can see a info section

On the info section we can have another section with boat ramp threads and other ones with fishing rigs. nd another one with fish species and so on.

It can all be put together by members than put in the sections by an admin and in the bottom of the thread it can say [[ thanks to Poly for this information] or something like that and lock the thread.

like this

Attached File  Untitled.jpg ( 143.45K ) Number of downloads: 13

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jan 16 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #14

The Guru

flattie I have that at my others forums so as you posted a new forum became available and all it meant was making members levels an permission.
But Jumpy would agree here it is a talk forum so what section do you make for each level, now that is r4eally hard.
I think the the only oppostions is guest see first post only or make it that you have to long in to see forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 16 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #15

His Eminance

QUOTE (oz man @ Jan 17 2010, 09:18 AM) *
But Jumpy would agree here it is a talk forum so what section do you make for each level, now that is r4eally hard.

Yeep yep that's i , this is ot a warez forum where leechers coe to for D/L's

What about you have to join the forum and make atleast 10 post before you can see a info section

Not really a god idea Danial Sun, prob with that option is ewe'll get 10 replies all with a wun or Tu word reply just so they can access te rest of the site & tey'll prob never post again, not that wo they'd allready posted was of any value.

Wot I'm proposing is different, still may not encourage posting BUT it will make sure we dont have 10 guests showing up @ the bottom of main page

If they want to read wos been posted on this site then they'll ave to register & be logged in to view the forums that wil be hidden.

Cant hide those forums from view either else it will look like a ghost site with very wittle going on so ewe dangle the carrot to entice the wittle wabbits hysterical.gif

Oz !

This is wot I'd like t be visible [pic below]

Full view of threads to this stage it allows full view of tpic tittle , replies etc

If an unlogged in or unregisted person tries to open any of those threads then an error message should appear saying

Register or log in to view topic

None of this will garauntee peeps getting invlved in the threads but it will ensure we get rid of those lurking around as guests

Ewe cant make people post & I'm not really interested in doing so, there's many reasons why they dont post
*Dont know how these forums work
*They actually members know wot they're talking about & dont realise everything posted is just opinions
*etc etc etc

I just dont like seeing un named guests @ bottom of page, if ewe want to view topics the ewe show yourself it's as simple as that

I also have no probs if these peeps dont post no drama there either cause I know of quite a few hre hu never have & just like to read BUT wun day if a topic is of good interest to them ? then they wil post
Attached File(s)
Attached File  as.jpg ( 73.06K ) Number of downloads: 16

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Feb 6 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #16

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (oz man @ Jan 16 2010, 08:41 PM) *
what it means is
1) there is members from the same ip address but only 9 of them.
2) we get alot of hits from google, yahoo, ask jeeves, jayde, entireweb just to name a few that hit this site at least 10 to 20 times per day via their bot crawlers.
This means they see the sight always changing and that is good.
At present go to google and type this

fishingozstyle we should come up at page 1 no 1
fishing oz we should come up as page 1 no 8

Why do you think I get about 5 sites asking per day to be linked to us, from car repair to food stores as I have the seo hitting us ,just have a look in the link exchange file and see how many.
The only poor part is we are not real good on Alexa ranking, but I don't care about that.

What I would like to see is active member and more of them.
It might sound strange but even a simple tutorial on knots or sinker making can bring us more amd more visitors and this makes it possible for more members.

Try going to google click on sites in australia and type in " fishing forums " as most people would if they were looking for a new web site to visit for fishing information.
I got to page 15 and still no mention of this site, so I gave up. Heaps of tiny little suburbs with a fishing site but not this site.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 6 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #17

His Eminance

Google & all the other search engines are temperamental wittle suckers Frank

They seek out specific wording 1st then look for anything close enough

Now !

if ewe type in fishing oz

it comes up no 3 on the 1st page

Had oz man called this site FishingOzForums it also would've come up on the 1st google page search

I knew exactly wot oz was on about when he started this thread cause I'm prob the worst offender hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

http://www.fishingozstyle.info/forums/inde...?showtopic=2077

Think I'll start behaving & start giving my reports a real name & not the SpoofyLaCockasen wuns they've been getting

Google wont pick up on fushy's called Brimski's, Kungys etc unless ewe type in those words

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 6 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #18

*Mr Shiny Head*

Then it's all your fault Jumpy. poke.gif
Not really something you think of when putting in the subject, in future I'll be taking more care too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 6 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #19

*Mr Shiny Head*

Another thing I've noticed is we get a lot more posts per day than some of the other sites that have much larger memberships.
(See I just turned one post into two. LOL)

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Feb 6 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #20

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 7 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Google & all the other search engines are temperamental wittle suckers Frank

They seek out specific wording 1st then look for anything close enough

Now !

if ewe type in fishing oz

it comes up no 3 on the 1st page

Had oz man called this site FishingOzForums it also would've come up on the 1st google page search

I knew exactly wot oz was on about when he started this thread cause I'm prob the worst offender hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

http://www.fishingozstyle.info/forums/inde...?showtopic=2077

Think I'll start behaving & start giving my reports a real name & not the SpoofyLaCockasen wuns they've been getting

Google wont pick up on fushy's called Brimski's, Kungys etc unless ewe type in those words

The chances of anyone looking for a fishing site that contain forums is very unlikely to type into the search " fishing oz " probably be about the 20th option, long before then they would have found a forum they like and joined it.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 02:02 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates