Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'll Have Those Done Tempura, Please.
kkw
post May 20 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #1

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Had to go to the Docs again today and the Bay looked glassy and inviting. What a glorious day it was. When I got out of the surgery, I called the Sav to scab a cup of coffee but he was out. JG's was close, but he doesn't do coffee so I headed off to Maroubra to have a look at an old spot I used to fish a lot. Water was coming over the shelf, waist deep, so I canned the idea of throwing in a line. I packed my fishing gear in the car, just in case, so called another mate on my way home. Nope he couldn't go. Called a mate in Bundeena - no answer. Decided to go out there anyway and the river was flat and clear. Tossed a bait in and saw a nice sized pig rush out from under the ledge and inhale the cabbage. After a short fight, I washed him up and he made a last ditch effort to get back to the water. He won. This was hopeless. Decided to hike out to the ocean front and see if the swell was down. It was!! I saw my mates Rick and Ray were already there and had fish in the bag. They had been there since about 10am. I rigged up and tossed the float in. As often happens, the float righted itself as the weighted leader sunk down and it kept going down. On straight away. The fish were ravenous. The boys were floating bobby corks (as they always do) and I can't convince them to fish with stem floats. Anyway, they had been fishing for 3-4 hours so I had no hope of catching them. Dropped so many fish as I was trying to wash them up with the swells, or getting bitten off by their sharp little razor teeth, that I lost count.
Tally for the day was, 12 fish for Ray, 10 for Richard and 8 for me. Not bad seeing I only fished 1.5hours and dropped more than I landed. I love this time of year. Crystal clear water - you could see the fish rushing to get the bait - Gannets diving into the water 30m away and coming up with a fish each time, sea eagles circling overhead and tons of whitebait swimming right up against the rocks.
Tomorrow night it will be fish pieces in tempura batter for me - yum.

This post has been edited by kkw: May 20 2011, 12:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oz man
post May 20 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #2

The Guru

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

yes please but can I have mine grilled.

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post May 20 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #3

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

I'm on my way, sounds way to good to keep it to your self.

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 21 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

You lot are weird
Rather go eat @ Fed's
@ least he had sumting that resembled a sausage in his fridge
But i'll have to check to make sure tag didn't say

Made in Russia

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
oz man
post May 23 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #5

The Guru

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

nothing like a nice grilled vegie burger smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 23 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #6

Just dusted the fillets in plain flour and lemon pepper then tossed them in the frypan with a knob of butter. Very, very nice sweet white flesh.
I'm happy that all these other blokes think they taste terrible, even though they have never tasted a fillet. I would never buy a fish from a shop, as they store them iced down but ungutted and with the gills in. In fact, most of the fish I saw in the shop the other day had the gills left in. They rot very quickly and taint the flesh. Yuk!!. Funny how others catch a kingy or YFT etc, leave them in a tub of warm water on the deck of the boat and then clean them several hours later, stating they are top table fish. lol. The niggers are very much alive and kicking, kept in a net with fresh salt water washing over them until the time comes to clean them. Can't get better than that.
JG's big boat (haven't seen the "little" one) with the fish box built in, is an exception and is a brialliant design. Just like a solid nigger 'net' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post May 23 2011, 01:53 AM
Post #7

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

I agree there KK

People overlook the handling of fish when they are in the boat

I normally keep my Flatties/Bream alive in my 60L live bait tank, they sit on the bottom and do nothing anyway, clean em up at the end of the day, gut and fillet, and put the fillets straight in the esky with ice, home and straight in the fridge, you can taste the difference smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 23 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

A bit hard keeping your flatwuns alive with a bloody big knife through their heads DanuSun laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yep i've got a Goodarus System no probs keeping 90 cm girls alive in my tank comes in handy if we've caught smaller fish earlier & want to upsize just pull out the little wuns & let them go without a bloody big knife through their heads laugh.gif laugh.gif

YFT gets filleted just after it gets caught & put straight on ice stops stomach bacteria from cooking fish from inside

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 24 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #9

Had another quick fish yesterday, before the southerly hit. Very little swell and great conditions. Rigged up and the first bit of wind came in from the south. Big black clouds to the S.W. Fish were there in schools but slow to feed. I got one take, where the float whipped down and I thought drummer. Felt the weight for a second or two and then it pulled free. Wound in and saw a flash on the end of the line. I had hooked a 6cm whitebait through the eye. Tossed him back in and he was eaten in seconds, without hooking up mad.gif . Was only there for an hour and landed four fish for me, three for Geoff and two for Craig. Not bad - 9 fish landed in an hour. We stopped and packed up when the floats were laying at 90 degrees on the surface, due to the wind. Thunder, lightning, wind started up as we were ready to go. Two other mates arrived as we were leaving. Hope they didn't have carbon fibre rods hysterical.gif A pod of dolphins cruised by slowly, only a few metres out from the shelf. They like to eat blackfish, so I wonder if the boys landed any (niggers) after we left. I may try floating a fish bait soon. The water drops to 30ft or so deep, just 5m out from the rocks. Used to dive there many years ago and remember groper, big pigs and kingfish there. Reef leads onto sand/gravel 300m out.

This post has been edited by kkw: May 24 2011, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post May 24 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Twoeyesea

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,659

I'm happy that all these other blokes think they taste terrible, even though they have never tasted a fillet.

I have tasted 'said' blackfish fillet and I'd rather have my ass crack waxes by Jumpy, than go through that again... poke.gif poke.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif Just saying smile1.gif

On the fishing side, your smashing them pal.. I dips my lid to ya, kind Sir .. super.gif

On the boating side, just sell the bloody thing!! hysterical.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 24 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Bees Knees @ May 25 2011, 03:57 PM) *
I'd rather have my ass crack waxed by Jumpy, Just saying On the boating side, just sell the bloody thing!! hysterical.gif

Oh heck yeah, I have heard that through the grapevine , poke.gif poke.gif hysterical.gif
The boating will be coming soon. Got a trip to Cape York first, then we will see. Can't believe the surface fish in close to the rocks. I keep meaning to catch a few niggers, then re-rig and cast a few metals or dangle a bait, but never get around to it as I am having so much fun on the light gear and blackfish. Really!!! you need to come over and try some fresh nigger fillets.

+Quote Post
poly
post May 25 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #12

the yack man

niggers in Tempura, what will you cook the barra in ??????????? and don't say a pan

Paul

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 25 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #13

His Eminance

Pot

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 25 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #14

yeah man

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 26 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #15

His Eminance

4got the Belly part laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post May 26 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #16

the yack man

QUOTE (kkw @ May 26 2011, 05:43 PM) *
yeah man

Koool fish in hash sauce

Paul

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:11 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates