Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well went fushing again 2day Ha Ha Ha

Looked outside about 11 am & I said ***Looking GooDarus Jumpus ***

Hit the water @ 1 pm a good run out wide sitting on around 25 knots saw baits in the water by 2 pm again I didn't like the look of the water pay no attention to pics it was not that clean or blue actually was surprised by pic colour anyways water temp had crept up a touch from last trip by .8 of a degree but water still looked crap I even stuck my hand into the water to check.

And YES I can verify that the water was wet laugh.gif

Not much current either we drifted with the breeze @ a slow but good pace think about .7 of a knot got to tell ewes all this bullsh*t to make up for the lack of fish yet to hook a YFT this season after 3 trips now.

Finally a rachet went off looked @ the sounder & we'd just drifted into 590 meters running off the canyons, wouldn't say I got a stiffy cause the ratchet stoped ratcheting just as quick as it had began waited & waited then waited some more & no more bloody ratcheting took place, I fed another bait out whilst STEVE picked up the rod & said there was a bit of weight there straight away I picked it.

Bloody Sharpus Tootharus cuming up the burley trail so STEVE set the hook & I was waiting for him to get bitten off on the mono trace came in like a wet sack @ 1st till it saw the goat then it went ballistic & put on a superb arial display spewing I didn't have my SLR Megga poodle camera with me cause I got no arial shots with my little NotSoMegaChiwawa camera it's to slow for those type of shots.

Even had to start the motors on 2 occasions to clear the line from under the goat finally got Sharpus to the boat again & again we were treated to some arials I quite enjoy watching mako's do their belly flops this time we got a good look @ the fish & a good guess would be a touch over 150 kgs & he looked solid.

Intended cutting him loose but saved us the trouble when it finally bit through the mono leader right @ the boat.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it other than the mako dead as a doornail out there although I wasn't on the fish I liked the look of the rod built it up last month & 1st time used was today.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Chop
post Aug 11 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #2

Tiddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 44

Hi Jumpus looks like a great day 590Mtrs out of sounder ? hey Jumpus next time your out in that depth can you get me a few Pic's on sounder in that depth of water.

Regards Chop

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Yeah chop was cursing you @ 1st laugh.gif laugh.gif

Then I remember to swith over to 50 kw crystal clear after that was even picking up fish down @ the 300 meter mark 1/2 way down

Like anything just have to play around & get used to a new toy

I couldn't recall how to get the digital temp read out I'll have a look in the book & set it up 2morro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 11 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

Jeez Jumpy, from the ramp to 590 Metres in an hour, what have you got on the back of that goat aside from the 50 Kw transducer?
My Johnno is only about 50 Kw. laugh.gif
Would you have tried to boat that Mako given the chance?

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #5

His Eminance

When you've got the equipment Fed use it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah we hammered out there 21 mile run from the ramp & basically sat on 35 knots in the Bay & only slowed down a touch once outside conditions were pretty good & the Yammy's purred out there

Actually it was under an hour laugh.gif laugh.gif

The 50 kw we were refering to as you've guessed was the transducer I got a new Furono 585 a couple of weeks ago & had probs 1st trip out & the prob was me not not knowing all it's features or how to use it properly I never read those bloody instruction books

It's a dual frequency both 200 & 50 & I was cursing The Chop cause I couldn't get bottom out there until I recalled what he said to me @ the Goat Show & flicked it back to 50 kw after that all was well.

You have to see this thing readings were clear as a bell picking up activity @ 300 meters no prob think I'm going to enjoy using it, did use it the other day in the bay great for identifying the Reds + it's got a big screen which is great cause when I'm @ the back of the boat I can still see everything & know when a Red is about to take a bait & I'm not joking about that comment either I freak peeps out when I tell them they're about to get a bite.

Would you have tried to boat that Mako given the chance?

Never in a pink fit, have you ever seen how those things roll up a flyer ?

Not that the boat couldn't handle the fish but go look @ some of the regular shark boats they are scratched to the sh*thouse shark rolls flyer bash's along the side a few of them have stainless bolted on to protect the boat + what what would you have done with the shark had it been gaffed ??

I dont like killing fish just to get a photo of it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 11 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

I was going to toy with you for a few more posts but I'm not in the mood.
You don't have a 50 Kw transducer mate, better check it out with Chop because I know you don't accept much of what I tell you.
Either way, it's good to see you getting out there, YFT coming up I expect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

laugh.gif laugh.gif No Fed I said I had a dual frequency souder not transducer laugh.gif

And I flicked it over to the 50 kw range

Tell you what though itching to get amoungst the fin missed the brilliant season last year cause I was rebuilding the boat & only got a couple of decent trips out there.

Once I know the good water has come back it's all systems go as you've seen from my previous reply's it dosen't take me long to get out there + nothing worse than spending 10 hr days chasing them.

Back when I really fished for them we never webt out till lunch time, would get 1/2 doz or so & be back in after a few hrs unforTUNAtly times have changed & the fish are a bit scarcer these days

--------------------

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Aug 11 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #8

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

Have to say the jump's that mako put on were awrsum , some 30mt's from boat, had to free spool him twice.
as he went under boat, and then he would come flying out 15feet or more :o ,
as i got him close to boat towards the end he was straight down , then the line started to angle up I yelled at JG he's coming up for a jump . the scarry thing was it was very close to boat. and the thought of this thing crashing down near or on us sent us both to the other side of boat laugh.gif
but he just surfaced and I got him within 2mt's of boat and we had a good look at him Big solid thing with that evil eye staring at us. we were going to cut him free but a finall lunge and the leader parted from hook. saved us the trouble. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 11 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #9

*Mr Shiny Head*

Talk to chop, it will give him a good laugh when you tell him your sounder/transducer runs at 50Kw. LOL!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #10

His Eminance

Yeah Yeah Yeah SMART :drop the daks: laugh.gif

I gather you're refering to kw that I typed instead of kHz

I also call megapixels megapoodles & Boats Goats

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 11 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #11

*Mr Shiny Head*

Well that didn't take long.
Are we having fun yet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Aug 11 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #12

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

back to condensation rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 11 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #13

*Mr Shiny Head*

And exploding boats.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #14

His Eminance

Not to mention Bloody Johnston outboards that wont bloody start

Fed I knew what ewe were on about from your very 1st reply laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Aug 11 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #15

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

Well done Jumpus, you tell stories better than J.K Rowling, who needs Harry Potter when you're around! Nice sharky, and the water looks nice and blue? Good to see some pics of them.

Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Aug 11 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #16

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

G/day EX
It might look blue in the shots but it was cold / green very shity.

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 11 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #17

His Eminance

Water was crap Kamil no different to last trip out looked lifeless & not even SUMO's Duck stayed for very long this time

Even tried playing some scottish music to bring the fin on started with some Rod Stewart he did nothing so got out the secret weapon

Yes you guessed it The Bay City Rollers & I'm telling not even they worked

I did forget to Mention on the way out in about 70 fathoms I nearly ran over a Marlin saw it to late as I was moving @ the time doing about 25 knots tongue.gif We both saw it last second sitting on port side then looked aft to see it turn & swim away.

I'm sure it was a marlin cause I've never seen a garfish that big B4 laugh.gif

I'd really like to see the water turn into cobalt blue that's when I really feel confident with the YTF

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Aug 12 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #18

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Hey at least you got a Fisharus, when are you going for Runnus Fastust again? Would've been great out today, beaut weather. smile.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Aug 12 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #19

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

Marlin hey? Blues? i think i mentioned my mates saw 3 in their burley trail the other week, but did not tempt them? WHat was the water temp? mid 18's? Isnt it too cold for the Jumpus Goodarus to be around? Funny stuff?
This season has been a fizzer for the fin! THere is craploads of them at Port Stephens!
Arrghhh this weather!

Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 12 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #20

His Eminance

Tghink I told you about my last trip to Pt Stephens didn't I ??

Quadrupal hookups on fin nothing under 60 kg it was an awesome days fishing

I was looking @ the currents & thinking Yep Pt Stephens will be firing @ present

From what I recall the Mako's never used to rock up off Sydnet till end of September & you'd get them all through October just goes to show how crappy the water is off here now

3 in their burley trail the other week, but did not tempt them?

Very rare you will a lure will do the trick or if you've got a live bait out the back & you'll know when a Marlin has taken it your ratchet will go tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick @ a vey very slow pace until the fish decides to take off

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 07:13 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates