Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

A bit knackered do the report later

Here's a few pics

Jumpus with a YFT on 6kg line class fish was taken on a Soft Plastic

The fish & the rod is a Virgin no longer

Alex playing silly buggers with a YFT

Hurro Mr YFT

Congrats to Breamen for nailing his 1st ever YFT [Think he was glad I talked him into going out wide instead of flicking plastics in the Bay laugh.gif laugh.gif ]

Jumpus couldn't help himself & got to christen his new 15kg stick as well solly Frank it's not a virgin anymore laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
storms72
post May 25 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Shark

Group: Members

Member No.: 393

Good stuff JG! Thought I saw you motor on by at a very leisurely pace....I'm not sure you were even doing your usual 10kts :LolBlueFlame:

Saw a couple of guys when I arrived back at the ramp who had caught some bloody huge tuna.....Must've been a real good day out there for all who went wide!

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post
Spudly
post May 25 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Awesome stuff Jumpy,

Eargerly await the report.....

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 25 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #4

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Good stuff. Glad they were out there. What a great looking ocean.

+Quote Post
salty fil
post May 25 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #5

*Suretus Anus*

Member No.: 2,582

Good on ya guys. Great stuff. Cant wait to hear the rest of the report.

+Quote Post
nimrod
post May 25 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Marlin

Member No.: 1,004

Jumpy. Nobody can say you don't do what you plan to do.
Bloody awsome YFT on soft plastic, something I never even thought of trying.
I have fed YFT pillies from the back of the boat so a soft plastic would do the same thing.
Shame about the 15k rod being broke in as it would have been good to break it's maiden on a big fat Burmi tuna.
That is IF I ever get out wide down there again.
Seems every time I go these days the seas come up rough and I have to stay in close.
Not to worry.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Christos
post May 25 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Picture does tell a word or two.

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post May 25 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #8

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

good catch love the pics but no burley for me

+Quote Post
kkw
post May 25 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #9

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Member No.: 30

JG will drop you over a few cutlets today Dave. After he drops mine off first laugh.gif hysterical.gif

+Quote Post
boris
post May 25 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #10

Jewfish

Member No.: 737

oh Jumous maannn, you've done it again....
Good staff mate...

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
alex
post May 25 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #11

Snapper

Member No.: 2,587

Well as peeps u might have found out we all had a good day geting into some juvi yft.

Yesterday we set out from botany at about 11:30 had a quick run out to one of jumpus's new spots were we started cubing 10min in no luck so we decided to pack up and go to jumpy's ol' fathful spot and boy did she turn it on we started cubing and as soon as we drifted over the spot not even 5min into the cube my 10kg stick started screaming off so as you do i uped the drag set the hooks and layed into the fin a fun little baby on 10 i only thourght he was about 5kgs until i traced him insted of gaffing him (stupid me) and pulled the hook out of his mouth. Eip alex u idiot screamed jumpy why'd u do that !! lol i laughed while jumpy stared at me thinking i had just dropped his dinner. anyway kept cubing and 2-3min later noticed yfin jumping around the boat then all of a sudden jumpy grabs the 6kg outfit a plastic and send's it down and 2 twichs l8r bang jumpys in saying it was a stripy but lo and behold after about a 20min fight 2 golden sickels peered up at us fin fin (jumpy new he had dinner i was off the hook). jumpus landed a nice juvi on 6.

as we kept drifting with myself and jumpy getting consent runs but just not hooking up we wondered what was up so time for a new stratagy knowing that yellowfin are greedy little buggers and never leave a job half done i decided to put a half a pilly on insted of a whole one sent it out the back and bang what do u know im in but this time a stripy jumpus does the same and this continued for a while so we decided to pack up and try the drift again. So low aned behold we cross over the same spot and as soon as we do bang jumpys on with myself following closely behind.. at this point in time jumpy and i realised that poor breaman haddent landed one yet so our plan was to get one for breaman as we went back to try the drifft again i used a 80lb trace on breamans 24kg stick we crossed the magic spot once again and then it happend tony was in with the rod buckeled over and tony in a bit of a painic we guided him through from start to finish with the fish being landed and me dislocating my knee when about to gaff the fish which hurt and jumpus having to come to my aid and do the hard work. handed the gaff over to tony who had a massive smile on his face another virgin converted with a happy ending !!!

all in all 6 yft were caught 5 succsefully landed and a heap of stripys (snappa bait).

a awsome trip peeps get out there while u can !!

--------------------
Of all marlin species the pacific blue is KING. Nothing runs as fast jumps as high or goes totally ballistic like a blue.

Its not that you find A BLUE - A BLUE finds you

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post May 25 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #12

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (kkw @ May 26 2008, 10:23 AM) *
JG will drop you over a few cutlets today Dave. After he drops mine off first laugh.gif hysterical.gif

cutlets in the pan at present oh boy im gunna enjoy them kkw ill be thinking of ya matey ...ehehehehe

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 25 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #13

His Eminance

Yep Yep twas a nice afternoons fishing session virtually mon stop from the time we got there & only tapered off in the last hour of light.

Fish weren't massive by any means esp compared to the much larger fishy which were caught further up north, saw some pics of those fishys 2day & there were some good ones in the pics average size around 40 keggers with larger ones lost or boiling up around the boat.

Thought it would've been pitt street on Browns yesterday so had opted to go fush my spot on the southern canyons,honestly cant complain allthough our fish were ratty rats they were great fun to play around with & dont think I would've given the SP's a shot if the bigger fush were about simply because it would've tied up the boat using the light 6kg rod & the boys wouldn't been able to fish.

My PB on 6kg line in regards to YFT was a fush that went 57 kg many moons ago & that fish tied the boat up for near 3 hrs.

Alex mentioned the stripy's !

Well one of them was a horse which was pulling 5kg of drag on my rod laugh.gif & yep yep got a good supply of snapper bait when I start fushing for them

breamans 24kg stick

It was a 15 kg stick I just a tiagra 50 on it

As far as the SP'n went !

Well I tried those tackle craft thingy's about 6" versions & had 2 further hits on them but with ratchets going off every few minutes , well I lost concentration & missed the hookups on the SP's.

Think this SP'n thing for YFT is a buzz esp on light line & well worth giving it a shot I've been wanting to do it since last year when I built the rod for it & yesterday was the 1st chance I got to use it.

Took care of some things today so tommorro it's back out there again to see if I can find the big boys

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post May 26 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #14

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

im so temoted to drive to sydney... hope they aroud in a few weeks!

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post May 26 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #15

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

F*CK! What's going on? The YFT are going crazy out there, everyone is at least hooking up and you'd be unlucky to not come home with a tuna in the boat.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
salty fil
post May 26 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #16

*Suretus Anus*

Hey JG, if you ever find yourself on your lonesome let me know if theres a spot on the boat. Works quiet at the moment, also i want to have another look at those (i think 15 kg) sticks from America i saw at yours last time.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post May 26 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

Booked out for 2morro phil & it didn't take long either
Prob do another trip out in a few days as it looks like a good weather weather week I'll put a post up for show of hands.

When the fishy's are out there you have to go else you'll miss out

Just watched the video from yesterday & the famous words that came out of Breamen's mouth were

Sure beats catching bream laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good stuff JG! Thought I saw you motor on by at a very leisurely pace....I'm not sure you were even doing your usual 10kts

Must've had a Tail Wind up my arse laugh.gif laugh.gif

May have been doing 12 knots

--------------------

+Quote Post
salty fil
post May 26 2008, 04:11 AM
Post #18

*Suretus Anus*

I gathered you would be booked for tomorrow.
Wind and swell are looking good all week.
I started keeping all my Yakkas for the cubing from months ago when i asked you if it would be ok. Ive got a shitload of them now, so burley will be supplied along with heaps of pillies whenever you give me the all clear!
Kick ass tomorrow mate! I want to see you post a 50 kg +.

+Quote Post
Christos
post May 26 2008, 06:16 AM
Post #19

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

I will say nice report. And I see that everyone is piling on to get your boat Jumpy.

I just trying to go fishing. Period. smile.gif

+Quote Post
storms72
post May 26 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #20

Shark

Member No.: 393

Must've had a Tail Wind up my arse laugh.gif laugh.gif

May have been doing 12 knots
[/quote]

Mate I was tempted to drive over and ask if you needed a tow....... hysterical.gif

Funny when I saw you I thought If I could get your attention I could've given you a few live and very fresh slimies for bait....Are they good for tuna?????

--------------------
AAAAHhhhhhhh, I just wanna fish!!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 03:31 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates