> Lures, lures
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 26 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #21

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

It's very simple Benny.

I've only been using SP's a short time myself but have had good results.
As far as which types ? well they'll all catch fish if the fish are there but everyone has their favourites.

Flathead will hit anything they're a very aggresive predator who sit on edges of weed beds/drip off's waiting for bait fish to swim by.
Best spinning for them last of a run out tide but you'll get them all day.

Brim, Snapper can be a bit more finnicky

See that pic above with the reds ?

Well I got around 12 fish that day on SP's didn't even have to work the lure just cast a clear 3" fireball out the back & put the rod in a holder & waited for the rod to buckle over whilst I attended my bait rod.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Apr 26 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #22

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

ok thanks for the advice .

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Apr 26 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #23

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

refer to outings thread

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Smelly
post May 1 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #24

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Hustler57,
The most important thing with lures is confidence.The only way to get is to catch fish right ?I think you've ID'd yor prob already.U see i was the same,had a few lures but after a short time i'd loose confidence and go back to bait catch a few and think 'yeah baits better'.
Then the Squidgie storm gained momentum & i found myself with a big box with all different 1's.Afte watching the dvd i was off down the coast with nothing but a pack of prawns for backup.I hit the lake the first day with nothing but sp's & a heap of confidence.Well fist cast had me hooked up to a nice fat 51cm lizard tongue.gif .I can't remember the no's(all in the diary)but i caught a stack of fish those holidays,including hitting my first bag limit biggrin.gif
I hav'nt looked back also jagging afew bream,tevally and Y-Ting,oh and Tailor and flounder laugh.gif not to mention loosing two Jews mad.gif
So after all that i'd hav'ta say my fav sp's are Squidgies and my fav style is easily the shad tailed fish in the larger sizes,i used to get caught up useing small lures,little 50mm wrigglers and stuff but tend to just use say 100mm and up.I now just go for a bass minnow for the small stuff and find their gr8 for bagging out on the littl'lies.Lastly i do'nt hav A fav colour,i have 2 rolleyes.gif .
No1 goes to the 'Gary Glitter' in darker water,as a coincedence(spelling) he's/it's gr8 for the juveniles laugh.gif and coming in second is the 'silver fox' ,but it's gotta hav the hot pink tail :wub:
Anyway enough from me just get out there,leave the bait at home to stop temptation,and do'nt stop till ya catch a few.Oh and do'nt worry bout retreive's too much,just stay on the bottom and experiment.

Let a few
go too biggrin.gif
SMELLY
PS.Do'nt mind the few missing r's in my post,work comp's got probs laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Mully
post Oct 15 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #25

Shark

Member No.: 720

choose a lure or color you know is going to work again do some research or ask someone in the know.I do have a lot of lures for this exact purpose which I can personally account for a lot of fish,but check around like i said before there are thousands available now days.Bream will attack lures from small 3cm specimens to 6-10cm without too much thought my choice would be around the 5 cm mark...Now are you going to fish deep or shallow make sure to pay attention to the lure dive depth ask if not sure most of my fishing is done from the bank along the edge of a drop off or structure in shallow water around 3-5 foot deep,if you will fish deeper water maybe try a g-vibe type lure a crankbait rattle type lure "lipless" variety that you can learn to control the depth as they slowly sink and after you loose a few to the bottom or start snagging or catching weed you will soon learn how quick they dive,dont worry everyone learns this way Ive lost many a lure to snags this way but this is the cost of the learning how to use lures effectively.
Next,don't wind in your lure too quick a slow retrieve is best you can even throw in a few rod twitches and jerks to the lure to mix things up a bit,the lure is trying to imitate a sick or stressed fish so the more erratic it is the more attention it will get.As a general rule I wind one revolution every 1 second 1/1000 2/1000 3/1000 this is just a guide and eventually you will find your own style that works for you.

Natural baitfish colors work best i have found so start with these,my personal choice for all round bream scoring would have to be a megabass baby griffon or a ecogear crank similar to the griffon style.These lures have score a lot of big fish...The shrimp color or craw and the ayu colors are great for this purpose.

for flattys again a hardbody will catch you fish no problem run them along weed sand patches on the edge or line of the outer they will come out and smash them for sure.Flatty lures depending on depth fished for example around 5-8 foot of water the strike pro are cheap and work well for this job [Bass x from strike pro] they are new but you will see thier style and depth is perfect again go baitfish colors,flatties love mullet and whiting...

Hope this helps

THE STRIKE PRO BASS-X OR SIMILAR
Attached File  bassx.jpg ( 51.45K ) Number of downloads: 9

ECO CRANK

Attached File  eco_ck40_001res.jpg ( 16.18K ) Number of downloads: 10

Attached File  eco_ck40_002res.jpg ( 18.57K ) Number of downloads: 9

Attached File  eco_ck40res.jpg ( 13.77K ) Number of downloads: 12

BABY GRIFFON MEGABASS

Attached File  griffons_macro_006res.jpg ( 19.22K ) Number of downloads: 10

Attached File  griffons_macro_007res.jpg ( 75.41K ) Number of downloads: 8

VERY GOOD LURES THAT ARE NON QUESTIONABLE AS TO THEIR SUCCESS RATES,I USE THEM A LOT

--------------------
YOU MUST SHOW RESPECT TO GET IT IN RETURN, NEVER PRESUME YOU DESERVE IT.....

+Quote Post
Mully
post Jan 24 2008, 05:47 AM
Post #26

Shark

Member No.: 720

As far as soft plastics go a great choice for price and catchinng power would be the Bozo's line of plastics

These little fellas are top S/P's I have all the colors and styles available ,They really do work well.Bream scoff the 2 inch versions and 3 inch and Ive been busted off by a few mullys on these also.
flathead love them,barra love them most fishies do like them and they wont burn a hole in your pocket either.

[BEFORE SOMEONE ASKS I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BOZOS OR ANY SUPPLIERS WHATSOEVER I JUST USE WHAT WORKS]

Go to http://www.bozos.com.au/

--------------------
YOU MUST SHOW RESPECT TO GET IT IN RETURN, NEVER PRESUME YOU DESERVE IT.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:52 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates